The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 05, 2024, 03:26:02 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Subrules  (Read 6916 times)
Nagitof

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2008, 11:12:14 AM »

I think it would be a good idea if there were some subrules just so that people don't go out of control with abusing one acount. Things like no continuest killing others actions. And no deleting firewalls and password protect from remote hosts. For me there are many people use me as a bounce server, I had no problem with that but now so many people are attacting me consantly and now my only oppsion is to start a new account. But i don't want to start all over again because somebody is a jerk. I thought the point of the game was to take down mega-corp, not take down other peoples accounts cause you have no friends and feel like the only way to fell better is to be jerk. Thats all my oppion but i do think it would help many people.

sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 11:16:55 AM »

Reformat and change ip?

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 11:53:41 AM »

If you are unallowed to delete anything that the player started with should solve the problem with continuing killing a bit.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
plubius

a gun is not an argument.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 12:13:46 PM »

if you are doing a hacker vs. hacker battle, and it is 2 noobs who have essentialy the same programs that would pose a problem, maybe a level cap for that, like if you are over a certain level, you cant delete the begginer files.

for every action there is an equal and opposite government program
XRay

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 05:49:48 PM »

maybe a level cap for that, like if you are over a certain level, you cant delete the begginer files.

Even though I do think that newbie protection is necessary, I dislike such arbitrary rules. Instead, the game should allow hacked players to protect themselves. The current format/ip change mechanism is a nice example for that: Particularly newbies do not lose anything by formatting, and the attacker loses all virii and the IP.

It also helps if the incentive to hack newbies is reduced, i.e. it is inefficient to upload virii through the 5 newbie kbit and the newbie will probably format his HD to get rid of it.

If griefing becomes a problem, maybe newbies should be allowed cheap or free IP changes more often (on formatting)?
Zyzzyx

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 09:26:23 PM »

I agree with the idea that power (level) should correspond to the cost of changing IP.  Maybe if over the first 10 levels, a player's cost increases to 1k.  i.e.  (level*100 - 1000) for the first 10 levels.
ManoftheSea

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 10:45:13 PM »

You could also try to gain the notice of the gods, ebolla or soviet.  My word but that's rediculous power
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 10:53:36 PM »

I think it would be a good idea if there were some subrules just so that people don't go out of control with abusing one acount. Things like no continuest killing others actions. And no deleting firewalls and password protect from remote hosts. For me there are many people use me as a bounce server, I had no problem with that but now so many people are attacting me consantly and now my only oppsion is to start a new account. But i don't want to start all over again because somebody is a jerk. I thought the point of the game was to take down mega-corp, not take down other peoples accounts cause you have no friends and feel like the only way to fell better is to be jerk. Thats all my oppion but i do think it would help many people.

I am about to pass out so I apologize if this sounds harsh.
1> Format + change IP 1 time per week
2> Gold package includes a FTP server that NO ONE but you can access, modify, etc
3> This is a tough game to get going in.  I am thinking of writing a Basic tutorial for new players but until then ASK QUESTIONS.

There is ZERO reason to start a new account except to try and cheat.  This game has a steep learning curve at the beginning but once you learn the basics it becomes very easy to play.  The trick is to keep a low profile as long as possible.

I will try and remember to write a basic tutorial tomorrow.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 08:02:53 AM »

i'mna have to agree with virus, when i started it was really weird and difficult, and i know a fair bit about computers *smiles mischievously*, and it STILL took me a bit to understand, if you go online try to find a proxy server, and the same basic rules apply (only you don't need admin) to bounce off them

but the cost(level) makes it too hard for those of us with unsure income amounts to have a problem, where as those such as ebolla and soviet are perfectly happy as they are!

nother thing, i'd like to see a full reset once this is out of beta, or at least a once a year reset..........

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 11:32:12 AM »

i'mna have to agree with virus, when i started it was really weird and difficult, and i know a fair bit about computers *smiles mischievously*, and it STILL took me a bit to understand, if you go online try to find a proxy server, and the same basic rules apply (only you don't need admin) to bounce off them

but the cost(level) makes it too hard for those of us with unsure income amounts to have a problem, where as those such as ebolla and soviet are perfectly happy as they are!

nother thing, i'd like to see a full reset once this is out of beta, or at least a once a year reset..........

Thing is it is so easy to get up there it isn't even funny.  In fact watch for some new faces to climb the ranks.  I already know of at least one person who in a few days has really built up his server and is working big time on research.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 11:35:12 AM »

if they read my guide they go fast >.> and it's much simpler than other guide, if a little less exact, but all of it is relevant and a little more entertaining.........

Nelander

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 01:27:20 PM »

Remember you can change your password, sure they will still have your ip and be able to rehack you, but if they are using you as a bounce route frequent change of password probably will discorage them. They are likely to have dozens of newbie ips, most dont change the password and if you force them to waste 10 mins cracking you everyday they might switch to someone else.

An easy way to do this is start the process when you are done for the day and complete it next time you log. that way you will have a new password every day.

One of the bisggest mistake i think most newplayers make and in a way its encoraged by some guides out there, is to download a basic adware virii. if you are starting you are not going to make money with it. in fact the only thing you probably have acomplished by dowloading it its making it so people who hack you dont have to waste time uploading it to your gateway. the 5kb its not just annoying when you want to dl something, its a newbie protection to someone trying to ul virii into your machine.

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 01:30:15 PM »

it is useful, especially if you're smart enough to have everything else running as well (missions, cracks, etc.), while yes i concede that it can be a problem, i've installed someone else's virii before :P sometimes on their own servers! drunk

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 01:48:53 PM »

Remember you can change your password, sure they will still have your ip and be able to rehack you, but if they are using you as a bounce route frequent change of password probably will discorage them. They are likely to have dozens of newbie ips, most dont change the password and if you force them to waste 10 mins cracking you everyday they might switch to someone else.

An easy way to do this is start the process when you are done for the day and complete it next time you log. that way you will have a new password every day.

One of the bisggest mistake i think most newplayers make and in a way its encoraged by some guides out there, is to download a basic adware virii. if you are starting you are not going to make money with it. in fact the only thing you probably have acomplished by dowloading it its making it so people who hack you dont have to waste time uploading it to your gateway. the 5kb its not just annoying when you want to dl something, its a newbie protection to someone trying to ul virii into your machine.

lol when i hack people changing your pass is probably the only way to annoy me and make me leave, but if you start fighting back it gets interesting  shifty

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 02:18:25 PM »

i have killed people through sheer persistence, and they usually find their deleter missing when they come back  7  7  7  7

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: