The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 03, 2024, 03:05:31 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: More jobs ( Group VS Group & Player VS Player missions )  (Read 6444 times)
tn5421

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2010, 04:32:56 PM »

[15:17] tn5421: erm
[15:17] tn5421: i just had an idea
[15:17] tn5421: user missions
[15:18] tn5421: A group leader sets missions against other group users/group servers
[15:18] tn5421: deletes
[15:18] tn5421: etc
[15:18] tn5421: and sets their profit to come from group funds
[15:18] tn5421: so the group server has a bulletin board
[15:18] tn5421: with customizable text
[15:18] tn5421: and disinfect missions for the group server
[15:18] tn5421: What do you think?
[15:19] =TEF= ãłþħά¯9: abuseable
[15:19] tn5421: How so?
[15:19] =TEF= ãłþħά¯9: delete log deleter 0.1 for 1000000000HPD
[15:19] =TEF= ãłþħά¯9: go!
[15:20] =TEF= ãłþħά¯9: user generated missions was an idea on the forum
[15:20] tn5421: Make it so that you cannot offer more than 2x the normal mission payout.
[15:20] =TEF= ãłþħά¯9: they only half implemented it
[15:20] =TEF= ãłþħά¯9: More anti-hacker missions would do it
[15:20] tn5421: Nah, missions that cause group warfare would be freaking awesome.
[15:21] =TEF= ãłþħά¯9: The only user missions ar elike, if youtry to self destruct a virus on a secret server
[15:21] =TEF= ãłþħά¯9: it slike a mission has been posted on it!
[15:21] tn5421: I'm going to post anyway.
[15:22] =TEF= ãłþħά¯9: ;)
[15:23] =TEF= ãłþħά¯9: bear in mind the new update is PVP revolution and malware project
[15:23] tn5421: i know
[15:23] tn5421: group vs group missions = pvp
[15:26] =TEF= ãłþħά¯9: indeed

http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=187.0

Block similar IP users from accepting/completing the missions.  Also make users able to assign missions, and the bulletin board accessable by clicking the users username from your friends list (after all, who does missions for their enemies?)

http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=651.0

Mission rewards cannot be more than 2x the file's HPD worth for deletes, or 3x for disinfects.  Urgent mission tags are also GG.

http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=825.0

These limitations also make sense.
I will update this post once I think of something else to add to it.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 07:26:55 PM »

yeah an oldie but a goodie

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
tn5421

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 12:23:37 AM »

Throw any possibly legitimate roadblock at me and I will address it.  Go on, take a shot.
RobberBaronVirus.ver.9

~OTN~

RobberBaronVirus.ver.9@live.com neceronthegolden lapsleyks
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 01:45:30 PM »

here is a roadblock. how are we going to get these updates when our beloved sir emi is in exitus. for those of who dont know what that means it means absent. There will be no updates until sir emi decides this game is worth  his time. And i cannot see how those other 2 games he runs can be more interesting then this one. Pardon my french but those games suck.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So unraodblock his absence if you will sir.
When i first started i thought sir e was  an ok guy. But i see now that he does not keep his promises and how is the game supposed to run with just run admin doing all programming and that admin isnt even around.
I for one am just going to sit and watch and hope what was promised comes to fruition.

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 03:02:34 PM »

One:  the other games have a much higher active player base.

Two: just because he isn't updating the current version doesn't mean he isn't working on the next version.   It's a very touchy subject to change game code during a gaming session and really only should be done in extreme cases.  Changes between sessions causes some hurt feelings and mistrust, imagine huge changes during a game.

Three:  21

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 03:20:34 PM »

1 brok has a point

2 i have gotten several forum replies from emi lately

3 he is an okay guy

4 it takes time to fill those promises, he isn't a genie

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Tartarus

What you think you know is wrong.

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 03:26:08 AM »

@RobberBaronVirus.ver.9: You should really clean that up with some grammar and refer to my other statement about defining words after using them making you look like a prat.

Sir Emi seems to have been doing most of his updates between rounds. I don't know him all that well, but I'm sure that any rational human being will forgive the man for having a life away from coding this game exactly the way you want him to. If you were any kind of programmer, you'd understand the time that coding, compiling, and testing consumes.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 10:47:39 AM »

exactly

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
tn5421

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 01:56:08 PM »

@RobberBaronVirus.ver.9: You should really clean that up with some grammar and refer to my other statement about defining words after using them making you look like a prat.

Sir Emi seems to have been doing most of his updates between rounds. I don't know him all that well, but I'm sure that any rational human being will forgive the man for having a life away from coding this game exactly the way you want him to. If you were any kind of programmer, you'd understand the time that coding, compiling, and testing consumes.

Of course, hit me in the only way that I can't defend against.  Does this mean that nobody can find a flaw with my idea?
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 04:32:41 PM »

here is a roadblock. how are we going to get these updates when our beloved sir emi is in exitus.

[HP] e(#1)
23-Feb-2010 12:33
Re: Updates and revelation

Hello,

I understand and I am working on the updates, specifically Remote Malwares and PvP Revolution.

I will post on the forum when the updates are near completion so we can see about the start of the new round.

Thank you,

Sir Emi

Add to ignore list
Replied to message:
As im sure you are aware, this round is dragging on... People are hesitant to install more Revelation because we don't know if the updates are ready for next round, i know you are a busy man, but the longer the round progresses the more newbies will be put off (its very hard to come into the round this late)

So can we expect updates for next round?

Exousia
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 05:15:39 PM »

Actually, tn5421, I believe Tartarus up there is defending Emi, not hitting you. RobberBaronVirus.ver.9 is hitting you in the only way you can't defend.  13

As for your idea. I think it has merit, but I'd like to see some more comments and details.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 06:47:06 PM »

how about a group bounty fund?

1. can not be used except to pay for bounties(no upgrades)
2. have to have enough for all bounties
3 if there isn't enough for what you want to put out then you can't imput the bounty
4. 500hpd minimum per bounty

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 09:47:08 PM »

I like this suggestion very much.

I would like to see the group members work together more closely.
For that, they will need objectives to complete. A step toward this was IP List.

I think we can do something like "Group Missions".

Group missions, any member can post missions, but only the leader can update the mission reward. So you have for example several secret servers that you need to clean. No problem, send your members to gather the info and post the missions. Then the leader comes in and sets the rewards / bounties for the missions. Once the mission has been completed, the member gets the reward, by manually hitting complete in the mission data.
So:
- any member can post a mission on the group mission board
- only the leader can set the bounty / reward
- the reward will come from the group fund.
- the reward will have limits, depending on the mission type and target.
- would be nice to see who completed the missions in the group missions log, so we can gratz him 1

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 07:02:25 AM »

Just seems a bit abuseable setting our own bounties, maybe if they had the default HPD rewards (like 12800 HPD for disinfecting a 0.3 fileshare) but the leader could target them for the minions  19
Also the IP list needs a bit of a revamp really, not many people use it as its tedious to copy and paste each IP into it, so cant you add a simple Add to GroupDB option to the IPdb

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 02:32:05 PM »

and have you updated so it removes dead-link servers?

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: