The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 09, 2024, 03:48:54 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: Sons of Technological Liberty  (Read 100523 times)
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2008, 05:02:44 PM »

AOoooowh!
Fine.  4
I hate registering on multiple forums
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2008, 05:05:42 PM »

Alright, I will post it in another topic. It will be easier I guess.

Ebolla>   Ebolla: No problem. Replied
   <JGreenThumb>   Ebolla: You Ebolla:'ed :P
SoTL

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2008, 08:00:54 PM »

The Tsar Weapons Project concerns all copies of Revelation researched above v0.1. Suggesting that the Tsar weapons were never used because the biggest piece of it was never activated is pure folly.

You call us thugs, but when have we ever done anything worthy of that title? All we wish for is the disarmament of Revelation, but we know that words alone do nothing to change SGPs mind. We have risen in response to Revelation, and will most likely remove ourselves from the forefront once this is over.

All we wish for is that each hacker live and grow by their own wits and not subsist on the scraps of the powerful, their potential rotting in the prison of subservience. Sniffers and Spyware exist for multiple purposes. We detest having to clean a Spyware off our virii, but we acknowledge its legitimate use as information gatherers. Only the basest of hacker would collect on a compromised virii more than once. We do know however that we have not hit anyone with Malware simply because we did not like the way they talked to us.

Once again we proclaim that we do not strive towards Revelation. In fact, if all other copies of Revelation disappear within the next 200 hours, our copies will disappear shortly after that and we will not be heard from so long as Revelation does not return.

We do know your main server still holds a copy of Revelation, and that your v1000 Password Protect still stands active on it. Of course we acknowledge that your main server deserves protection, but please forgive us for not giving you our whole trust.

It was once said that to teach a child something is to remove the sense of wonder and accomplishment that comes with discovering it on their own.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2008, 08:06:30 PM »

Well, it seems to be a good deal, especially since SGP has already had plans to take Tsar down.
sounds like a good ideal to me, but maybe it's because I'm lazy and it'd be fun to steal profits w/o waiting for a lot of installs, but I probably won't anyway, because that'd land me in trouble sooner or later.
Exousia
« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2008, 08:32:18 PM »

You call us thugs, but when have we ever done anything worthy of that title?

I guess this is directed at me specifically since I did use the word thug to describe you, so I'll address it.

Well, let's see... My answer is: Multiple installation processes of Revelation 2.45 in an attempt to scare people into doing what you want.

Say what you will, but SGP used the Tsar weapons to target individual hackers, not the whole community. It's the difference between punishing one dog for peeing on the rug and punishing the whole litter of six dogs for one instance of it. Granted that is a bit of a simplification, but you should see my point.

Your claim that this was done to remove Revelation is overtly sane and noble, but you confess to also doing it to attack SGP specifically, so once again, you're punishing the whole community for SGP's actions--whether one agrees with SGP or not, no one wants to be punished for SGP's actions, especially those who were the targets of Tsar weapons.

This is why I call you foolhardy thugs.

Anyway, your "noble" argument is immaterial and irrelevant since SGP was already confirmed to be disarming due to it's projects that this would happen. You conveniently made it appear to be happening before the process could be completed. Congrats, you made people piss their pants unnecessarily. Great job. What heroes.

Shut up, remove your revelation copies, and practice what you preach.

[EDIT] Addendum:

On a more neutral note, I'm sure even SGP would appreciate some competition to keep the game interesting and some assistance in keeping Revelation out of the game, so I encourage you to continue to fight against Revelation.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 08:36:47 PM by Exousia » Logged
SoTL

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2008, 09:17:18 PM »

We fail to see how launching a threat directed at SGP punishes the community as a whole. We have expressed neither sympathy nor hostility towards the community and stay out of business that does not concern us, such as ARC members disinfecting private farms. If you refer to the reset, then that is in part the fault of the entire Faith Union.

The FU was formed for one sole purpose, to prevent and eliminate any use of Revelation. SGP took advantage of their executive status and began the Tsar Weapons Project, and no one raised any serious objections, neither from within the FU or outside it. However, when an outside server acquired a copy of Revelation, it was smashed without question. Then SGP finished research and started using it on a wide range of targets, and yet no alarms were set off. You all reveled in the fact that True Light was burning in the fires of its own weapon. Unfortunately, you were all unaware that you had become monsters and turned on an organization dedicated to freeing the world from the corporate grip. Instead you clung to a new corporation and d**ned yourselves to subservience.

We take SGP's announcement of the disarming of the Tsar Weapon Project with a grain of salt. To us it is very suspicious that news of such a disarmament comes only after we have made our demands. How is SGP any different from the corporations? They give out free but obsolete software. They issue missions to eliminate its enemies. They vilify every other organization that dares cross swords with it.

As for being "noble", all we want to do is loosen SGP's stranglehold on the future. We are prepared to disarm ourselves and have it available for the public to see. We can't help but think that you are the jealous one, powerless to affect your situation. 
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2008, 09:35:36 PM »

In actuality the Tsar Weapons were only the 2.452.   They were created after the testing of Revelations 1.0 showed promise with the ability to attack those who downloaded/bought Revelations and had it hidden behind defenses much as drzejb and riolic have done.

The Tsar Weapons though were never installed.  This was due to many factors not the least of which is the almost 5K AP Cost, high cost of servers to host the weapons, and the resources it would take to make sure there would be a disinfect ready to go every 24 hours after the initial disinfect completes.

Yes we did listen to the community as well regarding the concerns dealing with the Tsar Weapons.   And it was discussed many times over in great detail.

Now what I find most humorous is that you give a deadline of 200 hours when you know that deletes of the 2.452 takes well over 800 hours locally and 8,000 hours remotely.

I am sorry SoTL but your arguments are greatly flawed and only serve to fuel the communities distaste with you which is why you are hiding behind SoTL.  At least SGP never hid behind a name.

Now with your direct comments on private farms you have given out a great amount of info on who you are since ARC has been attacking Moen Co and Riolic directly.  Moen Co's were not even publicly known and Riolic's were only publicly revealed today.

So Moen Co and Riolic when you have the BALLS to come forth and admit your true intentions regarding Revelations especially being that YOU are the only ones with Revelations 1.0 then you may regain some respect from the community.

As is Until your copies of revelations are gone I will have the SGP Team post your private farms on the SGP forums where it is not a violation of the ToS.

Ebolla
Leader of SGP
Co-Leader of ARC
Found of the Faith Union
Co-Leader of Team SGP

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2008, 09:48:09 PM »

Now with your direct comments on private farms you have given out a great amount of info on who you are since ARC has been attacking Moen Co and Riolic directly.  Moen Co's were not even publicly known and Riolic's were only publicly revealed today.

You said what i was goin to say Ebolla ^^.

The FU was formed for one sole purpose, to prevent and eliminate any use of Revelation. SGP took advantage of their executive status and began the Tsar Weapons Project, and no one raised any serious objections, neither from within the FU or outside it. However, when an outside server acquired a copy of Revelation, it was smashed without question. Then SGP finished research and started using it on a wide range of targets, and yet no alarms were set off. You all reveled in the fact that True Light was burning in the fires of its own weapon.

To tell the truth then none even tryed to stop SGP because we (FU) also saw the great use of revelation with it's remote attacks, we also agreed that only 3 people which was choosen would use the revelation without get thier server smashed.

You give SGP to much power. We all agreed in FU together not SGP alone, and i would like to see this so called WIDE RANGE of targets you say they attacked. The once i know about was one who cracked 2 ARC members the other is Riolic and who more? as i can see then 2 people are not much.

Edit: a bit of gramma fix i found my self. still sorry about my english.
SoTL

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2008, 10:08:44 PM »

What promise? We've already demonstrated and you have already commented that remote attacks do nothing to defend against a Revelation install. They only cause superficial damage that does not stop anything.

The deadline of 200 hours signifies the time left until our copies of Revelation are ready to be installed. The formats currently running are our intentions of upholding our portion of our demands.

The community as a whole has not shown distaste with us. In fact, our actions have splintered the community and clearly shown which hackers are on what side. We apologize that we cannot reveal ourselves publicly, but as you have shown, you are willing to accuse anyone not allied with you to try and identify who we are.

As for Moen Co and Riolic, we are unaware of whatever business you have with them. As we crawled the net today, we noticed an ARC member, sjums07 to be exact, doing two things. One, running disinfects on a large amount of file shares from the same IP. The server under attack carried no identifiers, and as such we do not know if it was Moen, Riolic, or some other player. Second, research was underway on the same server for a sniffer daemon. Now you know as well as us that you frown greatly upon the use of Spyware and Sniffer Daemons, and yet one of your members is researching it. Proof can be provided.

If Moen or Riolic are attacked we encourage them to notify us. As it is through our actions that they have been targeted unjustly we take full responsibility, and will hold SGP responsible for releasing their IPs, as well as any users who collude with SGP. In this case our offer for mutual disarmament will be retracted, and we do not hold ourselves responsible for what happens afterwards. We are not going to let you wield your power indiscriminately again.

jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2008, 10:25:48 PM »

SoTL there will always be someone who is strongest. If you look then there was alot of times where SGP could have made us all die and could make a much bigger gape betwin our power but they used thier time and AP on help the new players to also get a chance to raise I am one of those noobs.

Yes sjums07 have been disinfection a huge farm which seems to be with no limit in BW. And for the research of Sniffer Deamon then again are you right we got orders that one of us should try to begin a research on a Sniffer Deamon, but we were clearly told not to use it as password change, only to install on our server incase we got cracked.

I think you seem to know very much about a server which is constantly checked for who enter were the only one entering is Localhost, Riolic and a few ARC members and lastly HJ
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 10:29:50 PM by jimmi33 » Logged
Xirad

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2008, 10:42:40 PM »

Now what I find most humorous is that you give a deadline of 200 hours when you know that deletes of the 2.452 takes well over 800 hours locally and 8,000 hours remotely.

In fact to my knowledge all copies of the Tsar weapons have been under deletion for a couple of days now.

But... if they have already been under deletion for a few days.. then it would not be an entirely unrealistic deadline. Depending on how many days it has been deleting....

And it shouldn't be the 8k for any reason, seeing as all three people that had been "allowed" by the FU to have it should be deleting it themselves. If they are not, then they obviously should not be in either the FU or retain the ability to host Rev.

Hmm....
riolic

View Profile Email
« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2008, 11:01:37 PM »

In actuality the Tsar Weapons were only the 2.452.   They were created after the testing of Revelations 1.0 showed promise with the ability to attack those who downloaded/bought Revelations and had it hidden behind defenses much as drzejb and riolic have done.

The Tsar Weapons though were never installed.  This was due to many factors not the least of which is the almost 5K AP Cost, high cost of servers to host the weapons, and the resources it would take to make sure there would be a disinfect ready to go every 24 hours after the initial disinfect completes.

Yes we did listen to the community as well regarding the concerns dealing with the Tsar Weapons.   And it was discussed many times over in great detail.

I am sorry SoTL but your arguments are greatly flawed and only serve to fuel the communities distaste with you which is why you are hiding behind SoTL.  At least SGP never hid behind a name.

So Moen Co and Riolic when you have the BALLS to come forth and admit your true intentions regarding Revelations especially being that YOU are the only ones with Revelations 1.0 then you may regain some respect from the community.

As is Until your copies of revelations are gone I will have the SGP Team post your private farms on the SGP forums where it is not a violation of the ToS.

Ebolla
Leader of SGP
Co-Leader of ARC
Found of the Faith Union
Co-Leader of Team SGP

Ok in regards to me not having balls, I'm most certain i do, I will even send you pictures as proof if you wish.
And in regards to me being SoTL.... Do you think I would truly hide behind an anonymous name to attack you guys? The answer is no, I don't have to, you do not intimidate me nor have you ever. 

Was I not the first one to openly admit to you that I was the one mass disinfecting your virii Ebolla?  Did I not even have my name on my AV's I used on you? Have I ever hidden my distatse for you or your propaganda that you use to turn the community of leeches on people who talk down about you (myself included)? Would I not even gloat that I have exploited SGP's stupidity if it were me?
 I think that all SGP is is a Group of cowards hiding behind a herd of sheep that follow them aimlessly, to hide them from the real wolves.

So, unless you are able to provide screen shots proving I am SoTL please keep your opinions to yourself.  Why not tell the truth? That you don't know who it is, and now you are panicking and trying to point blame anywhere.  Just as long as it is somewhere so your illusion of the "ALL-KNOWING ALL-POWERFUL" SGP is not ruined to the general community of HP.   Many people knew of your attacks on my personal farm before you made it 'public'.

Tiak

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2008, 11:11:13 PM »

What promise? We've already demonstrated and you have already commented that remote attacks do nothing to defend against a Revelation install. They only cause superficial damage that does not stop anything.
How exactly have you demonstrated this?  There have yet to be any sincere attempts to activate revelation in-game, but when these do occur, honestly, remote attacks would be about the only things which would be effective if the player in question has half a brain.

While they don't stop the initial activation, that is hardly all that would be needed to effectively combat Revelation.  Think about it, someone installs revelation, now, obviously, the only effective means of getting rid of it is to disinfect it...  But what then?...  Short of some sort of overload attack, they now have a revelation-ready server, which stands ready to install it again.  A decent player isn't going to have the resources available on the server to run malware when revelation is installed, and will do an IP change immediately after the disinfect.  This leaves the only means of shutting down a Revelation server as using Revelations, ironically enough.

Really, for most targets it is a rather ineffective.  The 2.452, which is the max that can be installed without overloading AP, takes 163 hours to level a server (there is malware in the game that takes ~38 after instal), it gives the target a message when they are first targeted, and gives them opportunity for IP change.  Revelation can be used against virus farms just fine, because they don't do IP changes, but there is little benefit in doing this, as it just makes a farm unable to grow, prompting the owner to switch to another farm for growth.  It would be effective against farms coupled with disinfects, as we've seen, but that is about the extent of its usefulness against conventional targets.  It would however be much more effective against targets installing Revelation, or with Revelation installed, as they don't get the benefits of IP change.

I didn't really have any part in the Tsar project, but your claim was rather shortsighted, and I felt the need to correct it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 11:23:10 PM by Tiak » Logged
Exousia
« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2008, 11:41:41 PM »

We fail to see how launching a threat directed at SGP punishes the community as a whole. We have expressed neither sympathy nor hostility towards the community and stay out of business that does not concern us, such as ARC members disinfecting private farms. If you refer to the reset, then that is in part the fault of the entire Faith Union.

The FU was formed for one sole purpose, to prevent and eliminate any use of Revelation. SGP took advantage of their executive status and began the Tsar Weapons Project, and no one raised any serious objections, neither from within the FU or outside it. However, when an outside server acquired a copy of Revelation, it was smashed without question. Then SGP finished research and started using it on a wide range of targets, and yet no alarms were set off. You all reveled in the fact that True Light was burning in the fires of its own weapon. Unfortunately, you were all unaware that you had become monsters and turned on an organization dedicated to freeing the world from the corporate grip. Instead you clung to a new corporation and d**ned yourselves to subservience.

We take SGP's announcement of the disarming of the Tsar Weapon Project with a grain of salt. To us it is very suspicious that news of such a disarmament comes only after we have made our demands. How is SGP any different from the corporations? They give out free but obsolete software. They issue missions to eliminate its enemies. They vilify every other organization that dares cross swords with it.

As for being "noble", all we want to do is loosen SGP's stranglehold on the future. We are prepared to disarm ourselves and have it available for the public to see. We can't help but think that you are the jealous one, powerless to affect your situation. 

I'm not hiding behind a pseudonym and holding Revelation on servers under noobie protection over any of this. Activating Revelation, threatening to reset the game over SGP's "stranglehold" is the very definition of punishing the whole community. You are deluded if you think that the community at large has any real sympathy for you now.

Your arguments are moot. You keep reiterating the same dogma about how SGP is evil. I see no value in your statements. If you want to effect positive change, stop preaching and complete those formats without condition and prove yourselves the better.
riolic

View Profile Email
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2008, 11:44:44 PM »

I'm not hiding behind a pseudonym and holding Revelation on servers under noobie protection over any of this. Activating Revelation, threatening to reset the game over SGP's "stranglehold" is the very definition of punishing the whole community. You are deluded if you think that the community at large has any real sympathy for you now.

Your arguments are moot. You keep reiterating the same dogma about how SGP is evil. I see no value in your statements. If you want to effect positive change, stop preaching and complete those formats without condition and prove yourselves the better.

Exousia, you need to learn to count bro, how is SoTL threatening a reset, count the revelation servers.... There are not 10 of them.... even including SGP, if they really wanted a reset would they not have made 10 servers?  Sheesh stop being so paranoid.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
Print
Jump to: