The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 06, 2024, 05:53:53 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New softwares  (Read 5849 times)
Araeus

View Profile Email
« on: March 11, 2009, 03:37:27 AM »

Some things I would like to see implemented (or at least seriously considered), which would make for interesting new gameplay and PvP.  Please feel free to make suggestions where appropriate or link to other discussions about these because many have already been discussed, but I don't feel like digging through the forums currently and it needs dredging up anyway.

Hidden processes

Most computers won't show you all the processes running on your system, just a few of the more important ones.  I think you should have to manually check to see if certain processes are running on your server.  This would allow for hidden processes such as backdoors, sniffers, data uplink hijacks and such, which you would only find if you went out of your way to look for them (right now they are very obvious, having a large red tag SCREAMING at you when you log into a server unless it is buried in the process listings, and even then you can sort and find it easily.

Also included in this should be a software to rename processes, as well as to hide/unhide them.  So, you start your sniffer on a public server (or someone's private server), hide the process or rename it to something benign or even both.  Maybe even fake a timer on the end to spoof it off as research on a private server.

Trojans

Malicious software disguised as a normal, harmless software.  This could make for interesting gameplay.  Disguise a backdoor as a password protect or firewall protect of decent level, upload to public.  People download it and when they run it it provides a backdoor for you to gain admin access to their system as long as it is running.  This could make great PvP, allowing you to booby trap software on your system for people to steal.

In addition would need to have a good way of being detected (that isn't so obvious so people have to be cautious, maybe like virus scanner style, can run a software on your main that scans incoming downloads or downloaded files for loaded trojans) and removed (probably disinfect-style run on the file itself)

Backdoors

While running, gives owner admin access on a system.  Doesn't lose connection on IP changes (owner uses a login of sorts rather than constant network connection to the process).  Could be nice for group server access.  Could obviously be captured by a malicious user to take advantage of the access (with Virus Breaker). 

Worm

Self-propagating virus.  Maybe eats up a little bit of resources on each infected system and can be used for distributed attacks.  (Could bundle a backdoor trojan with a worm, self propogates and gives you admin access as it spreads).

Would have a % chance to spread whenever a bounce connection enters or exits a server (to the server entered from or exited to, respectively).  Would probably need some sort of anti-abuse on that otherwise you can just bouce around a ton to spread your own worm.  Disinfected like virii, captured, lose connection on IP change, etc.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 03:39:23 AM by Araeus » Logged

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 04:03:30 PM »

good idea but you can hide the stuff
good point
already done
been suggested
good idea
great idea but its been suggested B4

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 04:34:37 PM »

good point
already done
been suggested
good idea

Woah there buddy.  Slow down an formulate a reponse that involves thoughts and that people can actually understand.  I don't know what each of those statements refers to, especially since none of this is "already done and tons of it has been suggested before, I've been in the conversations where it was suggested.

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 04:43:12 PM »

all 4 get the thumbs up from me - although i think getting Emi to implement them will be a tough cookie
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 05:20:10 PM »

Lol, to detect trojans why not have the new process scanner find it?

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 07:27:57 PM »

good point
already done
been suggested
good idea

you can't hide the process running

and I am going to just QFT from Araeus since you constantly fail to fully read a post before responding.
Some things I would like to see implemented (or at least seriously considered), which would make for interesting new gameplay and PvP.  Please feel free to make suggestions where appropriate or link to other discussions about these because many have already been discussed, but I don't feel like digging through the forums currently and it needs dredging up anyway.

I even bolded it for you Bontrose to make it easier to see.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 07:43:29 PM »

Lol, to detect trojans why not have the new process scanner find it?

Process scanner is more of a port sniffer checking for communication between the originator gateway and the remote gateway.  I'm talking like a virus scanner for software that checks for signature signs of it being infected with a trojan or something, which would be completely different.

I know we had a good talk about worms at one point... later I'll try and find some links to older stuff we've talked about with the stuff here but I've gotta run atm.

Exousia
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 07:55:13 PM »

Perhaps this will help.

* Virii with AI (i.e. Worm)
http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=677.0
http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=1024.0

* Process masking (or hiding)
http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=699.0

* Tracker/tracer/backdoor IP/PW change defeating virii
http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=686.0

* Trojan virii
http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=1026.0

More thoughts, less flame.   16
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 04:04:19 PM »

LOL NICE

exosia the hill is yours... for now

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Exousia
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 06:02:01 PM »

I know I haven't been seen around much, but I did compile a nice suggestion summary list. Granted I've fallen behind since my CNA class started and I need to add some of the newer ones to it, but I thought having a quick reference like that might help with discussions of suggestions by providing links to similar topics. Hopefully those topics will help get the creative juices flowing.  5
death 2 all

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 07:34:05 AM »

i like all of these, particularly the rename/hide processes (as this would fit in with files) and backdoors and worms. to fix the worm abuse, a possible 15% chance of the virii spreading with connections/bounces

liko

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 09:24:23 AM »

Yup, this game definitely lacks the most common hacking tools lie wyrms and trojans ;)  clapping thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Exousia
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 05:59:08 PM »

It's also still technically under development, so feel free to discuss this and the listed topics including implementation and potential issues.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: