The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 06, 2024, 05:43:40 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Round Restarts + Factions  (Read 2357 times)
Araeus

View Profile Email
« on: April 28, 2009, 06:40:08 PM »

So I was thinking, why would people want to go TL and Omnicron (besides their specialized softwares) when their easier rev activation would just nuke them back down to starting like everyone else.

I propose that after a round reset, players get to keep a portion of the standing they've collected (the mega corps don't just forget about all their star employees with each reset, and players aren't going to lose their "skills" after the virus goes off).

Maybe like 5%?  Then, TL and Omnicron aligned players would receive a bonus to the amount of standing they carry over to each round, maybe 7.5% or something instead of 5% (balancing required on the carry-over, obviously) to give them a little extra reason to want to start revs.

That way, players don't lose -all- their work each reset (just most of it), and the players aligned with those who want to start rev will have some more incentive to do start it as it puts them at a slight advantage at the beginning of new rounds.

This would obviously also count for negative reps for the factions you aren't aligned to as well, although right now those negative reps don't do anything (I don't think...)

Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 09:13:05 PM »

I joined Omnicron because I always wanted to be in it (Go America!)

This would obviously also count for negative reps for the factions you aren't aligned to as well, although right now those negative reps don't do anything (I don't think...)
It prevents you from chaging factions easily.

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 12:02:38 AM »

Well yeah, forgot about that... doesn't reset your negative when you switch does it  laugh

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: