The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 06, 2024, 11:33:36 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Research Change  (Read 2609 times)
Araeus

View Profile Email
« on: May 01, 2009, 11:30:34 AM »

I think now that personal farms are gone the diminishing returns on research should be either removed or reduced.  Players won't be making nearly as much money next round as they were this round anyway so it seems pointless to stifle player growth so much at the high end.

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 09:28:16 PM »

Diminishing research is part of the game, there are other reasons why it was put there.
As you get to higher and higher version, it should be harder to increase so other get a chance to catch up.

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 10:19:14 PM »

Either way, i agree and it needs some work. 100 hours + 8000 HPD to raise a file by 0.1 is not right somehow. I honestly don't see what was wrong with it before, i mean, if the problem was with people being able to power research files up into the thousands easily from 0.1, then that was solved + balanced by the hardware requirements updating in real-time (ie: all the remaining research tasks run at the new version specs).

I am in agreement that with the new updates, and farms etc being shot out of the water, diminishing research will probably just diminish gameplay now, those goals to get the highest software are a hell of a lot farther away, probably lightyears actually, come on, 13377 players at my last look, 200 secret servers, there is going to be hardly any HPD floating round in R3.

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 04:45:42 AM »

I was thinking if not removing it, at least slowing down the returns and stretching it up to a higher peak...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: