The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 06, 2024, 09:58:23 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Disinfecting on Faction Servers  (Read 3691 times)
Araeus

View Profile Email
« on: May 01, 2009, 03:15:17 PM »

Disinfecting a virus on a faction's secret servers should award a small but decent amount of standing, whether or not you're a member of that faction.  Only makes sense, you're cleaning up their servers.

If I was working for Icarus but went around and disinfected a whole bunch of virii off TL servers they'd hate me a little less because I'm doing them a favor.  That way you can work to raise your standing a little with the other factions you aren't aligned with.

By the same token you can award a small standing decrease for deleting a file on a faction secret server, but that would make the beginning of a game a little difficult for everyone (but it makes sense, you're deleting a file off their servers).  Maybe a very, very small decrease.  Like very... very small.  1 or 2 points maybe.  So at the beginning of the game people are doing delete missions and the factions are starting to not like them so much until they start to do work for their chosen faction directly.

ivandrago
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 03:31:51 PM »

Sounds good to me
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 05:18:03 PM »

Hm, would be interesting yes - since by default you are in a faction from the beginning (TL) ...
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 09:26:24 PM »

Yeah, it will award some standing to do it. Still working on it.

Watch the updates for when it starts to give the standing.

Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 08:54:29 AM »

Right here is a perfect reason why the round should not end yet....this big update that was thrust upon us is not done yet(still like the update). Most are saying the round is now boring and I agree but if any of these soon(holding breath  2) updates affects the game play in round 3 then alot of people are gonna be upset.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 08:02:25 PM »

Then I would say installing virii should give negative standing.  I would set the standing gain/loss to be equal to the AP costs.

That would make the use of one of the SGP tactics given out during R1 a bit more interesting to use.  Since disinfecting costs half of what infecting does.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 01:09:19 AM »

Then I would say installing virii should give negative standing.  I would set the standing gain/loss to be equal to the AP costs.

That would make the use of one of the SGP tactics given out during R1 a bit more interesting to use.  Since disinfecting costs half of what infecting does.

I agree wholeheartedly (and feel stupid for not remembering to include this in the original suggestion... dangit  laugh)

So installing a virii would give a negative rep hit equal to twice what disinfecting would give (which is easy to do since disinfect missions give give rep based on the payout of the mission, which is based on the virii type and size, etc)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: