The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 04, 2024, 12:06:13 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Several New Files  (Read 4394 times)
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« on: October 07, 2008, 11:45:40 AM »

Wouldn't it be nice if some of the ideas that were thrown down before due to half ass suggestions were elaborated and turned into great ideas?An example of these would be the DoS and DDoS file suggestions.

This is my interpretation of what DoS file should look and act like.

The DoS file should only be a single file that 1 user can run from their server. The file should be like a NMap scanner in the way it is launched. You would go to Files/Programs then start the DoS file via green button. You would type the IP of the server you want to hit along with the desired BW you want to use. Keep in mind that you can only use the BW you have open. You also input for how long you want to run it for. I believe that for every hour of DoS you run it should cost you 50 AP and 100 HPD. That way even the highest players can only run it for a certain time before their AP expires. On your server it would use the BW you are hitting them with along with 1,000 CPU, 500 MB of server resources. I also think that the DoS charges should be paid upfront. A higher level DoS would reduce the cost of running the file by 5% each .1.

In order to counter this SirEmi should implement a new file called Port Tracer. What is does is it searches all your ports for a sign of DoS. Once it find the port that the DoS is coming from then it tries to find the IP. If the port tracer version is higher than the IP cloaker of the attacker than it gives the person who ran the tracer the IP of the attacker. Then if the victim is able to crack the server of the attacker they can stop the DoS. However since the owner of the DoS already paid for the DoS it is a loss.

The DDoS file should rely on separate files called slave or zombie files. Since most players have no need for inactive servers they just sit there with dinky little adware doing nothing but gathering dust. What if the zombie files use the basic server requirements. It would use 550 Mhz, 2 GB, 32Mb, and 5 BW. Then for every zombie file you have your DDoS attack's BW goes up 5 without costing you your BW. The zombie files would also take off 1 AP and 2 HPD per hour. The only way to stop the zombie files is to run a data hi-jack anti virus. Since that is one of the most unused AV's out there.

The port tracer file would work the same against a DDoS as a DoS only you have a slight chance of getting the master IP. You might get one of the inactive IP. I think the formula should be left to Virus Man, since he is all knower of formulas. I think a 25% chance should be good. If you happen to get an Inactive IP you can run the Virus Identifier on the zombie file to find who it is and what their IP is. But the rules of the VI apply as normal.

I am open to all reviews and constructive critiques.

Jake
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 11:58:47 AM by J.GreenThumb » Logged

Ebolla>   Ebolla: No problem. Replied
   <JGreenThumb>   Ebolla: You Ebolla:'ed :P
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 11:53:48 AM »

I like it, malware AV would be better to remove the slave infections.

I also think it should be smaller than 2gig, the other stats are good so you can't have other stuff running on an inactive noob server but make the file size smaller.

Also I would assume stats are for a v.1 of the files?  Should it scale up the same as other files as far as bw usage?  What does a higher level of DoS file do for you?

I would say, each time you run a DoS file it takes up a certain bw.  You can run multiple parallel processes of it to get to the bw you want, but that costs you more AP (and maybe HPD, although I don't quite favor that requirement).  Then, the bw usage of the DoS file scales up with version allowing you to fill bandwidth with fewer processes, cutting down on AP cost.

I would also suggest that DoS somehow disrupt virii.  Maybe if you run it on a server with less than the given amount of bw free but with virii running on it, it will sap the bw it is looking for from the virii (running a 50 bw DoS on a server with 10 bw open but 90 bw filled with virii would drop the virii bw by 40 to take up the 50 bw it is looking for).  Dunno about the feasibility of that but it could be pretty interesting.

J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 11:57:27 AM »

A higher level DoS gives you a break on cost. 5% lemme add that.

Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 12:25:41 PM »

Thats a good resurrection of a halfgood suggestion.
Its a little unbalanced because the top 10 would dominate with it because they can research high enough versions to reduce the cost til practically nothing. To reduce that little gap you could drop the HPD cost which would otherwise stop lower people.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 02:26:03 PM »

That's why I don't like HPD cost, that only hurts the small guys.

Increasing the AP cost just like virii is a better deterrent.  A v10 fileshare may be sweet, but the AP cost is staggering.

However, I think it's still more efficient than installing 100 v.1 fileshares (I -think-)

Also this way you can hit someone's farm, not their main.  A smaller player could never hope to dent a top player's gateway bw, which wouldn't do them much good anyway, but a group of smaller players could probably put a dent in someone's income if they target secret servers.

J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 06:48:05 PM »

OR they can find all the inactives and use those and DDoS someone...

HJ®
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 06:55:18 PM »

Okay but we shouldnt be trying to implement something that actually requires a player that has quit the game.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 07:29:38 PM »

Who said anything about the player quitting?  butcher
lol...take down someone with 1100 cpu or 10bw, with a couple o' those zombies  13
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 07:32:30 PM »

@HJ: I know of about 500 personal servers that are inactive. Trust me there are many.

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 09:21:30 PM »

We know jake, and it's fine to have it set so that you -can- do that.  But it would still be much more effective for someone to infect a ton of different secret servers, take a tiny chunk of bw from each and DDoS, then if the person does indeed get an IP they have to crack and VI or search logs or something.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: