The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 03, 2024, 01:07:42 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: WARS server  (Read 5253 times)
Thek3mp
« on: November 29, 2008, 08:47:45 PM »

We all want it.

Basicly its hacker project but it doesnt reset, except. the limit of secret server is raised to 500, but secrets already upgrade/repair at 200 active secret servers.

Max ap would be doubled, ap recovery would be the same, activating a virus ap would  be doubled(tripled if on own gateway?), disinfects, and captures would be halved, log changing would be 1 ap or no ap.

viruses make half as much hpd (not too sure on that one)

Times in general would be reduced, making it better for people who are more active.

malware would activate quicker and have a stronger payload.

the majority of processes cant be stopped by the host if a remotehost is doing something (e.g. player x is uploading a virus to player y, player y cant stop the process on y's gateway, y must trace hack and stop the process on player x's gateway)

make viruses more lightweight? (less space on hard drive)

if buying ips, the chances of finding a server a virus on is more likely than finding one without.( this is to try and stop people virusing their own gateway, but we all know it wont do that much,)

the hide and encrypt update must provide some more flexibility, (i think its 0.2) should be changed to 0.5 above the softwares level.

the time needed to decrpy encrypt hide and unhide should be slightly less, as should the ap costs.

This thread is open to suggestions, ive tried to make it so pvp is an objective, not a possibility.

Although i doubt this will be implemented soon, i felt i needed to throw some ideas out and see what you guys think it should be like, especially since Emi got back from his little vacation thing.

i would appreciate /signs. they seem more reliable than a vote/poll
Exousia
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 08:54:49 PM »

Someone was saying just the other day (or week) that Sir Emi did this with some of his other games. Can someone verify?

It's definitely something I'd love to see. Not sure about the details, however, but we can iron that out later.  5
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 09:54:04 PM »

In time, I'm sure there will be a wars server. It only needs a bug-free stable version, so in time.

Exousia
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 10:40:16 PM »

In time, I'm sure there will be a wars server. It only needs a bug-free stable version, so in time.

Excellent.  13
Thek3mp
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 05:26:38 AM »

yea he did make it for spaceO anyways,
i know this wont be released for a long time and emi has other thingsw to do, i just wanna make sure some ideas are thrown around to make sure he gets what the community wants, without hurting his income.
Exousia
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 01:11:20 PM »

Good good. I'd heard the idea somewhere... can't remember exactly who mentioned it. Renewed my interest in the game when there was a possibility of a persistent server. I prefer persistent games over non-persistent so I am willing to support any effort which brings us closer to a persistent version.   5
Thek3mp
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 05:40:46 PM »

Good good. I'd heard the idea somewhere... can't remember exactly who mentioned it. Renewed my interest in the game when there was a possibility of a persistent server. I prefer persistent games over non-persistent so I am willing to support any effort which brings us closer to a persistent version.   5

my thoughts, but round games arent too bad when theyre like 6 months long.
Exousia
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 05:44:30 PM »

Either I'm far too patient or I just don't play round-based games enough... six months sounds to me like just enough time to get started.
HJ®
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 05:53:27 PM »

Exactly...and 6 months getting wiped every 6 months doesn't sound that appealing..I want to make a name for myself, not play a game in my spare time.
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 07:46:47 AM »

I want to make a name for myself, not play a game in my spare time.

You already have. You are Hatejacket.  shifty
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: