The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 07, 2024, 12:10:44 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Disconnect last bounce node  (Read 12208 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 13, 2010, 10:22:16 PM »

I've been looking into this suggestion, where you would be able to disconnect from last bounce server and continue actions from another end of your bounce chain.

- there is a new button now right of "Disconnect", named "D/C last bounce"

"D/C last bounce" will disconnect only the last node in the bounce chain. This enables you to re-use the bounce chain from an earlier node.

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 10:28:50 PM »

Seems to work just fine Emi.  Nice work!

LOL... Got the system down hit f5 message...  refreshed and this button popped up 1

Exousia
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 10:29:25 PM »

Sounds good, however I must point out a side effect:
Code:
trace route [xxx.xxx.xxx.70] -> [5] 

lolwut?
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 10:29:45 PM »

I had to reset the user bounce chains. If you where online, you need to redo the bounce chain.

Thank you.

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 10:30:28 PM »

Sounds good, however I must point out a side effect:
Code:
trace route [xxx.xxx.xxx.70] -> [5] 

lolwut?

Yeah, that's why I had to reset the bounces so it works correctly.

Exousia
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 10:30:41 PM »

Ah, I did just that and it fixed it, before you replied.  laugh
ivandrago
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 02:30:04 AM »

Do I understand correct ? Does this mean I can start a few bounces at the start of the day and use this chain all day long ?
I'm not sure if that's a good thing for the game.
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 03:13:56 AM »

Do I understand correct ? Does this mean I can start a few bounces at the start of the day and use this chain all day long ?
I'm not sure if that's a good thing for the game.

well its wrong on so many levels - but hey its an update so who cares
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 09:47:45 AM »

It's not necessarily bad...  It does leave lots of little traces for someone to come back to the original starting point...  If they have the correct undeleter for the first modified bounce.

It does remove the need for you to keep modifying the first log entry.

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 09:51:59 AM »

Oh, and I've noticed one difference when using the disconnect last bounce.

It forgets that you had admin access to the prior connection if that was the only access made.  It will again show the IP that it 'bounced' from.

I used to be able to get admin, bounce out and in again, and look at logs without showing that I'm still in system.  With disconnect last bounce it doesn't work that way anymore.

In addition, if you disconnect back to the first bounce connection, it will show your own server's IP in the log file since that is the previous bounced from on the chain.  Not a bug, but can result in you not realizing you just spammed your IP into the logfile.

I've been playing with the Disconnect quite a bit and so far it has worked great.  All the extra Admin Logged in from can be quite weird since they don't appear to be tied to a bounce connection if you've done it for a while, though.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 10:32:26 AM »

ghost admin laugh

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 02:00:52 PM »

I've been playing with the Disconnect quite a bit and so far it has worked great.  All the extra Admin Logged in from can be quite weird since they don't appear to be tied to a bounce connection if you've done it for a while, though.

Yeah, but it's pretty easy for an experienced tracker to tail you by looking at the time stamp of the bounce. You'll notice the time does not change on the proxy bounce logs.

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 05:18:38 PM »

I don't really know why/where this update has come from considering all the other ideas that were out there, if anything its gave me more reason not to get a gold account  19

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 05:30:57 PM »

Yeah, but it's pretty easy for an experienced tracker to tail you by looking at the time stamp of the bounce. You'll notice the time does not change on the proxy bounce logs.

I use the admin logins to track newbies  13... They are the ones who don't bounce in and just connect directly to a server.  This will reduce that a bit  shifty

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 06:58:04 PM »

After using it ingame i like it ^^
Means i can accept a bunch of missions and do them all within one bounce, being lazy means they can all be traced by the root log though, but i have nothing to worry about from that, yet  5

Also spams server logs out nicely, should make a macro for that  laugh

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: