The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 05, 2024, 03:07:33 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: SoTL shows their true colors  (Read 62953 times)
Exousia
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2008, 12:40:39 AM »

Alright, I'm trying to install it. Wish me luck; if it installs, I'll use it to blast the server it's on ;)

That has epic potential. We got a Faith lined up to clear up the mess afterward?
Exousia
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2008, 12:44:23 AM »

Faith Anti-Virus Stolen Faith Anti-Virus [AV] 100000 2.5 500.00 Gb

Okay, that makes distribution a bit easier. Now I just need a 500 Gig machine and 100k HPD.  5
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2008, 01:08:51 AM »

Relax, drzjeb's is <.2; I can take care of that one no problem 1  I hope it doesn't allow cancelling though. . . :(
Xirad

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2008, 01:47:41 AM »

heh, if this works.. it will be pretty awesome, lol

Heres to hoping,  5

EDIT: You don't have to buy it. You can DL it from the SGP Free Repo, lol. Thats what I did... or will do when I got the extra HD just begging to be used up
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 01:50:35 AM by Xirad » Logged

Hmm....
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2008, 03:28:18 AM »

1> Faith has been available to the public since before SoTL's first post.  It is on the Free Repo.
2> Riolic the best way you can help is to get rid of your copies.
3> Exousia you need to read the dang group forums.  You are saying many MANY things that We should be doing that are already posted there.
4> Installing Rev can not be killed.  Not even by local host of the server it is installing on.  The only one who can kill it is the person who is installing it (This is information that has already been given out)
5> Raistlin.   It is your choice if you wish to join the fight or not.  All I can say is that SGP does not have any installations going currently and all copies of Revelations we have are being deleted and/or formatted.
6> With regards to the Revelations copy on my main server.  I am working at moving all of my files from it to a new main server at which point all will be able to log in and verify the fact it is currently in the deletion process.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Xirad

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2008, 03:50:08 AM »

So if you guys knew this... why was there such a commotion about drzejb researching Revelation? Even if it may not have been you particularly.. since you are so adamantly against Rev, why had this not been brought up?

Hmm....
Exousia
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2008, 03:58:19 AM »

1> Faith has been available to the public since before SoTL's first post.  It is on the Free Repo.

It's a large program, so some might want to purchase it to speed things along. BW on the Repo is sometimes congested with requests. High traffic may be generated by the need to attack Rev installs. I was merely proposing purchasing it as an alternative, should the need arise. I realize it's a big repo, but not everyone's going to be downloading Faith so, even if it's pretty clear now, that could very well change. I was merely covering all our bases and accounting for alternate contingencies.

I'm not convinced that any of the copies are his. If they are, all he has to do is press "task complete" and the problem is solved. I'm sure he would like to see SGP taken down a peg but I doubt that Riolic wants to waste all the time and effort he's already spent and toss away his income in a reset. I believe he would find much more satisfaction in performing direct attacks rather than using underhanded tactics which punish everyone.

3> Exousia you need to read the dang group forums.  You are saying many MANY things that We should be doing that are already posted there.

Forgive me for thinking that this is a community problem, not just an SGP/ARC problem. Not everyone reads the group forums regularly either. It's been very quiet there. I understand the need to do as we set out to do and attack Revelation, but why not enlist those who are willing? Am I wrong to think that a strong community action is required to fight this and other problems we're facing right now?

4> Installing Rev can not be killed.  Not even by local host of the server it is installing on.  The only one who can kill it is the person who is installing it (This is information that has already been given out)

All the easier if we choose to force an install just so we can disinfect it and stop the research on it.

5> Raistlin.   It is your choice if you wish to join the fight or not.  All I can say is that SGP does not have any installations going currently and all copies of Revelations we have are being deleted and/or formatted.

Then we have our answer from SGP, now we need SoTL to hold up it's end and start disarming so we know that their intentions are honorable as well. I've seen their format tasks with my own eyes but I've also seen the install tasks. At this time, they could go either way.

Whatever Raistlin's ill feelings toward SGP, I believe he is willing to set them aside for these reasons. He has as much to lose as any of the rest of us.

6> With regards to the Revelations copy on my main server.  I am working at moving all of my files from it to a new main server at which point all will be able to log in and verify the fact it is currently in the deletion process.

Good to know. I never doubted it, but you can understand if I did not wish to stir the anti-SGP sentiment by insisting that it was a given and defeat/reduce any potential cooperation by breaking it apart with pettiness.

Make no mistake people, I am a member of ARC and and the FU, and I trust SGP, but I also understand the enmity that some bear toward SGP and maintain that these barriers to cooperation must be set aside for the time being if anything is to be accomplished here. I do not believe that I have done anything wrong or inconsistent with SGP, ARC, or the FU.
riolic

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2008, 05:26:36 AM »

I'm not convinced that any of the copies are his. If they are, all he has to do is press "task complete" and the problem is solved. I'm sure he would like to see SGP taken down a peg but I doubt that Riolic wants to waste all the time and effort he's already spent and toss away his income in a reset. I believe he would find much more satisfaction in performing direct attacks rather than using underhanded tactics which punish everyone.
Ah ha, so someone actually dose get it!!!!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 01:05:29 PM by riolic » Logged
Who Cares

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2008, 06:42:13 AM »

and Drzejb.
IP [NotonForums!] scan completed...

Scanning for active firewall version... No firewall protection!

Scanning for active passwd protection version... No password protection!

Scanning for highest version software... Detected DB FireWall Protect 49.054 V 49.054 as highest version file...

Scanning hardware... Detected 60550 Mhz CPU core, 3719168 kb Memory, 50 Gb hard drives, 600 kbs Bandwidth.

Player is also in the process of uploading a v100.678 pw protect. It is not installed as of this moment.
Also the player behind that server is doing at least two IP & PW resets a day.
I'm currently not capable of bypassing the log deleter used by the player running the server so I can't track the uploads (seems the player is attempting to keep his BW clogged) to cancel them.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2008, 08:07:20 AM »

Please do not create false quotes.  I have never and will never use the word dose when it should be dose.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2008, 08:53:48 AM »

Please do not create false quotes.  I have never and will never use the word dose when it should be dose.

O....rly? 13

Retired. Best Finish: #4 (Should've been #3)
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2008, 10:20:34 AM »

Bad news; Emi must've changed the rules on Rev since you checked, V-man.

Remotehost: Interrupted, activate virii file #263762 Revelation Virus V 0.148  [Kernel]

drzjeb interrupted my install of Rev on his server, it seems.
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2008, 10:24:16 AM »

hmm we really need to bomb him hard.
Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2008, 10:31:40 AM »

Too bad there's not much we can do to stop it besides trust SGP and SoTL. SGP realized the concept of an unstoppable reset, and SoTL made public the proof of concept. This all rests on their actions over the next couple days.

Of course, there's always the chance that even if SoTL tries to cause Revelation, it doesn't have the manpower to do it.

Retired. Best Finish: #4 (Should've been #3)
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2008, 10:33:57 AM »

As it is current then it does not seems like they do.

They even installed a revelation on a Secret server which i think is wierd.

I belive that SGP does disinfect thier revelations, but its much harder for me to belive that SoTL will.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Print
Jump to: