The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 05, 2024, 07:15:08 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Worm viii  (Read 7861 times)
HACKhalo2

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2008, 01:03:42 PM »

Version 3.3 (thanks for the idea Seb and the anti-worm TheK3mp)

Yes, map the internet!
Here's how it will work!:
you put a worm on noob A
He connects to server b, v, e, z, d, and x.
it's a .1 worm, you hid and encrypted it(or whatever it/you would do.), so it has, let's say a 5% chance of adding a connected server to YOUR IP DB! *if you didn't have it before. Perhaps the worm will ignore public servers?
You get REALLY lucky, and both b and v are found.
Well, you just got two IPs, let's say their of middle-level players.
You install some adware and *discreetly*^get the worm into them.
Your mapping expands!

^ Somehow. pfft.

Hmm, that is a possibility. Lets expand upon that, using my original idea and this one.

You would install the Worm onto a Nub A (that doesn't have the newbie protection, for fairness). Lets say you didn't encrypt or hide it.
Nub A would then connect to servers.
Now, this is just a example formula, the chances of mapping an IP address is
Code:
(.10 + (round(v_ver,3) * .10))
or 10% plus ROUNDED viii version TO 3 POINTS times 10%, which, for a V.1 worm, will be a 11% chance. A V.236 worm will have a 12.36% chance, etc. This code will even out the higher level worms until version 10, which will be 100% no matter what. Bouncing servers could have a degrading chance to map. Lets say a 2% decrease per bounced server. So, now the formula could be
Code:
for the first bounced server (since thats the closes connection to the gateway),
Code:
(.08 + (round(v_ver,3) * .10))
for the second,
Code:
(.06 + (round(v_ver,3) * .10))
for the third, so on and so on.
So, if you have a V3.124 worm bounced through four servers, the first one would have a 41.24% chance to map, the second will have a 39.24% chance to map, the third would have a 37.24% chance to map, and the final would have a 35.24% chance to map. Now, this would only apply to secret and private servers.
So basically, after you collect an IP address you don't have, you can hack them, upload your viii, and continue to map the network.

Since this viii has some major advantage flaws, Seb threw out some ideas to even things out a bit. I stuck formulas to those ideas.

Firstly, the Worm will be extremely small compared to the other Viii, for easier UL/DL. I'm just going to stick 15MB on it. It's also not going to be resource heavy, to decrease detection time. Basically the positives.
Now, the Viii will have a chance of disabling itself when mapping. Low versions will be EXTREMELY unlikely to disable themselves. Heres a formula for the disabling:
Code:
(.005 * v_ver)
or 0.5% of the Viii Version. So V.5 will have a 2.5% chance of disabling themselves. As the version rises, so does the chance of the Worm Disabling itself. This should prevent a V10 worm from mapping the entire network. So some thinking will need to be done when using this Viii.

thats more like a trojan, worms (a lot of famous ones) are harmless. they get spread by unknown exploits in operating system or plain stupidity of a user (dont download anything some random msn contact sends you.)one of the older ones was used to "map" the internet and only in the past 10 years have they become malicous and in most cases its adware not, trojan-like activities allowing somebody backdoor access.

Like the quote above, the worm will use exploits in the kernel of the installed system to live. The only way to get rid of the worm is to update your kernel to a version higher than the worms version. When the kernel version is greater than the worms version, the worm will be uninstalled and deleted. Simple as that. This also opens up the possibility of kernel system enhancements, which will be left for another time in another post.

This is starting to become a good viii idea  13 Thanks for all the help so far! Tell me what you think!
--Hh2
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 03:18:52 PM by HACKhalo2 » Logged
Thek3mp
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 02:08:15 PM »

automated=bad

and WTF does it do, yea it infects servers and uses resources. but what FOR.
i wanna see something similar to this but its too automated so it wont get implemented and it doesnt do anything anyways
HACKhalo2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 02:51:14 PM »

Please see the starting discussion!

--Hh2
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 04:46:33 PM by HACKhalo2 » Logged
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 04:29:11 PM »

You can't 'balance' something by making it expensive. The low level players are perpetually broke, and the higher up ones can't spend fast enough (although, if they want to do research, I guess they could pump it all into hardware, too.)
HACKhalo2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 04:41:09 PM »

@Seb: Well, How you would be able to 'backdoor connect' is at the connection screen (where you would normally be able to crack the admin) a new button would be placed labeled 'Backdoor Connect'.

@Raistlin: Alright, lets see. I truthfully think the worm would be too powerful at it's current prototype specs. But I do think that Maxing out your BW makes up for the no-logs admin access...

I'm modifying the starter discussion to what the worm is now.
**Edit**
It has been updated 16

--Hh2
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 04:47:39 PM by HACKhalo2 » Logged
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 04:47:32 PM »

oops...I totally had a brain fart. wrong forum. I'll delete the post now.
Thek3mp
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 06:33:54 PM »

it still seems pointless.
HACKhalo2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 06:50:29 PM »

Well, the non-automation kinda limited me.

From what I know of RL worms, they can be used as a Backdoor to gain access into a computer, or a tunnel to remotely install software without the infected person knowing. Since they can't install themselves, it kinda ruins the whole concept of having a worm virus.

Remote Install would be a nice quark. If you wanted to, You could infect a server with a worm. What the Worm will then do is become a gateway between you and the infected server. You would then UL/DL programs, and the Worm would do it instead of the kernel. So, in the logs and on the process screen, it would show:
Download Program_Name V a.bcd [Worm_Name], xh ym zs
It would still only download at what you could normally. But, the higher the version of the worm Viii, the quicker it would UL/DL. For instance, if your Worm was V0.2, the file would UL/DL 1.20 times faster than normal. A V 1.1 would UL/DL a file 2.10 times faster, etc.

Hmm... I'm kinda liking this idea
Thek3mp
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 06:57:16 PM »

thats more like a trojan, worms (a lot of famous ones) are harmless. they get spread by unknown exploits in operating system or plain stupidity of a user (dont download anything some random msn contact sends you.)one of the older ones was used to "map" the internet and only in the past 10 years have they become malicous and in most cases its adware not, trojan-like activities allowing somebody backdoor access.
HACKhalo2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 07:36:57 PM »

Buzz kill  16 (j/k)
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 08:32:13 PM »

Yes, map the internet!
you put a worm on noob A
it's a .1 worm, you hid and encrypted it(or whatever it/you would do.), so it has, let's say a 5% chance of adding a connected server to YOUR IP DB! *if you didn't have it before. Perhaps the worm will ignore public servers?
Your mapping expands!

^ Somehow. pfft.
HACKhalo2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 11:41:11 AM »

Yes, map the internet!
you put a worm on noob A
Your mapping expands!

^ Somehow. pfft.

Hmm, that is a possibility. Lets expand upon that, using my original idea and this one.

You would install the Worm onto a Nub A (that doesn't have the newbie protection, for fairness). Lets say you didn't encrypt or hide it.
Nub A would then connect to servers.
Now, this is just a example formula, the chances of mapping an IP address is
Code:
or 10% plus ROUNDED viii version TO 3 POINTS times 10%, which, for a V.1 worm, will be a 11% chance. A V.236 worm will have a 12.36% chance, etc. This code will even out the higher level worms until version 10, which will be 100% no matter what. Bouncing servers could have a degrading chance to map. Lets say a 2% decrease per bounced server. So, now the formula could be
Code:
for the first bounced server (since thats the closes connection to the gateway),
Code:
(.08 + (round(v_ver,3) * .10))
for the second,
Code:
(.06 + (round(v_ver,3) * .10))
for the third, so on and so on.
So, if you have a V3.124 worm bounced through four servers, the first one would have a 41.24% chance to map, the second will have a 39.24% chance to map, the third would have a 37.24% chance to map, and the final would have a 35.24% chance to map. Now, this would only apply to secret and private servers.
So basically, after you collect an IP address you don't have, you can hack them, upload your viii, and continue to map the network.

This is starting to become a good viii idea  13 Thanks for all the help so far!
--Hh2
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 11:46:10 AM »

I suggest since eventually there is a 100% chance of success (v10)
there should be a chance for the virus to be revealed or destroyed completely somehow.
Perhaps through an error in it's network.
The chance for it to reveal itself is always extremely low, and decreased as the version goes up,
but it's chance to kill itself is slightly higher(starting at v5 or so?), mostly at the high versions, and at v10, the virii would probably map for a while, then kill itself
alternatively,
each version could have a *decreasing* amount of connects it can handle until it blows. *rounding up in case of decimals*
The worm virii should be EXTREMELY small however, so that uploading/downloading it will be very easy.
It should also have decreased hide times.
HACKhalo2

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2008, 12:07:34 PM »

alright, modifying the original discussion with these ideas
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2008, 12:58:17 PM »

Thanks, this idea looks pretty fleshed out so far, nice formulas btw.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: