The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 02, 2024, 03:01:59 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Rare software on public servers  (Read 8195 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 23, 2009, 01:55:41 PM »

- 1 in 500 missions will spawn a firewall bypass / pwd break on a public server mission, equivalent to one of the secret server protects.

This will ensure that some of the newbie players may get a breaker / bypass that could penetrate the secret servers, provided they go through enough public missions and are able to download and run the software in order to progress to the secret servers.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 12:49:13 PM by siremi » Logged

Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 06:49:42 PM »

You always spell through wrong... heres how it is actually spelled: Through

Anyway, thats a great way to solve that problem  3 None of us even thought of it (that I'm aware of...)

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 12:50:13 PM »

my spell check malfunctioned again  2 ty  5

Exousia
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 02:07:53 PM »

It's one of those words which is not spelled how it sounds too.  laugh
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 06:18:22 PM »

my spell check malfunctioned again  2 ty  5

It's okay, but while we are on this topic you still need to fix this through from spaceo:

Quote from: Space Odyssey - Reavers
Abandoned remains of a species that once inhabited the planets
They have been wondering trough space whitout purpose or meaning,

This is what the reavers say when you click on them, I msged you once long ago in spaceo but you didn't fix it.

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 02:31:00 AM »

1 in 500?! Thats hardly anything. How would that help the newbies? Even at this slow rate of newcomers it wont be enough. Especially if you take into account tht people with softwares higher then the ones you get do those missions just for the HPD. Theres allways those who does missions on the private servers.
In fact this sounds like one of your old ten seconds thinking, ten seconds coding. Its either just lazyness or you have proved how poorly you plan this game. I thought I would start playing soon again but I was misstaken.
Please, Ex and Donn, dont delete my post. You might edit any insults but I want my opinion to stay clear.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Exousia
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 02:37:54 AM »

Not as bad as some in the past.

It may prove to require a little tweaking. Would you like to offer an alternative or, perhaps, a suggestion for this update?

You are, after all, one of the first generation players around here, so your input is valued. Bear in mind, however, that the quantity of missions being spawned has been tripled as well.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 02:45:27 AM by Exousia » Logged
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 11:15:37 AM »

Yes that is why there suddenly appeared a V 22 bypass and Passbreaker.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 11:45:37 AM »

Appeared where?  21
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 06:28:07 PM »

1 in 500?! Thats hardly anything. How would that help the newbies? Even at this slow rate of newcomers it wont be enough. Especially if you take into account tht people with softwares higher then the ones you get do those missions just for the HPD. Theres allways those who does missions on the private servers.
In fact this sounds like one of your old ten seconds thinking, ten seconds coding. Its either just lazyness or you have proved how poorly you plan this game. I thought I would start playing soon again but I was misstaken.
Please, Ex and Donn, dont delete my post. You might edit any insults but I want my opinion to stay clear.

I can assure you 1 in 500 missions made across all public servers will make high pwd / and fire bypass appear very quickly.
If only 1500 missions  a day are made by everyone, that makes 3 high end files spawn each day.

Also, I wanted to give some nice missions for newbies to battle on. The one that deletes that big files gets nice HPD 1)

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 08:26:38 AM »

Also, I wanted to give some nice missions for newbies to battle on. The one that deletes that big files gets nice HPD 1)

i was first in line to delete a passy bypass v9 on a 0.1 server - after the 18h or whatever it was i still hadnt found the mission to delete the file :(

was my 3rd high version delete failure aswell :(
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 11:22:22 AM »

It may prove to require a little tweaking. Would you like to offer an alternative or, perhaps, a suggestion for this update?

Sure: Nerf the store. This will increase one or maybe both of these things: Research (is research even used anymore?) and PvP stealing (wheres the PvP in this round?).
Many people are buying themselves up in the rankings. In fact the last round many (but not all of them) only bought the highest softwares so they would recieve the price. I think that adding AP as a cost to the store (thanks for the idea, Ebolla) will make people to rethink about using that feature. Especially when we all know how little AP we get each day. I just read about someone who didnt play for 2 days so he could regain his AP.

And I did post this before I read about the *3 or missions but I still think that its not many enough. And with all due respect this doesnt seem to be a planned update. Just something that hopefully may fix one of the (many) problem(s) this game has.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 11:29:44 AM »

Sure: Nerf the store. This will increase one or maybe both of these things: Research (is research even used anymore?) and PvP stealing (wheres the PvP in this round?).
Many people are buying themselves up in the rankings. In fact the last round many (but not all of them) only bought the highest softwares so they would recieve the price. I think that adding AP as a cost to the store (thanks for the idea, Ebolla) will make people to rethink about using that feature. Especially when we all know how little AP we get each day. I just read about someone who didnt play for 2 days so he could regain his AP.

And I did post this before I read about the *3 or missions but I still think that its not many enough. And with all due respect this doesnt seem to be a planned update. Just something that hopefully may fix one of the (many) problem(s) this game has.

A lot of people are still researching but compared to the previous round the amount is lowered yes. Ofcourse the amount of very active people is lowered also, so.. PvP is still in the game imo: top players are constantly hacking eachother  laugh But I understand what you're trying to say and yes we need to discuss what we should update in order to get better PvP.

The AP price wouldn't do much because:

Quote from: Donn
Interesting but.. Someone who buys software, doesn't research software and has apparently enough HPD income to use it to buy software..

So.. That person doesn't need his AP that much.. Wouldn't really make it harder to get software.. Unless we're talking about a big AP cost..

jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 05:34:17 PM »

I don't hack anyother top players. I got no reason and it is to big a waste of AP when you can buy all the software when you need it.
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 08:58:21 PM »

I don't hack anyother top players. I got no reason and it is to big a waste of AP when you can buy all the software when you need it.

Stolen Firewall Protect    12,642,989

Must be a heck of a farm...would take me almost 2 weeks to save for that and by the time you did it would probably be more.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: