The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 06, 2024, 04:16:37 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: FACTIONS Project update for April 24, 5 PM EST  (Read 25981 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 24, 2009, 02:44:11 AM »

The Factions Project will be on so prepare.

If you want to know more about the update check here:
http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=1275.0

- fixed the bounce admin via faction server
- fixed accepting all missions
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:01:30 PM by siremi » Logged

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 12:58:35 PM »

Looking forward to testing this out. Just one question...

what will happen to the countless virii myself and others have spent all this round installing on our farms, are they going to suddenly go inactive? or can we keep them and their income for the remainder of the round?

Hope its the second, or i will seriously cry out loud /lol

Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 01:41:56 PM »

It doesn't matter if everyone loses their virii (although I'm still doing research so..)

The idea is just to test this update now so we know for sure if it can be implemented into the game for Round 3.

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 01:49:40 PM »

Looking forward to testing this out. Just one question...

what will happen to the countless virii myself and others have spent all this round installing on our farms, are they going to suddenly go inactive? or can we keep them and their income for the remainder of the round?

Hope its the second, or i will seriously cry out loud /lol

They won't go inactive, however when you suck income from yourself you are gaining & losing HPD so the income is null.

There is a feature in this update that enables you to self-destruct an installed virus, that also helps if you install one on yourself by mistake.

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 02:11:56 PM »

So basically what you're saying is all us top players that have a ton of research at or above 800 hours still going, will have 0 income and may aswell say goodbye to raising in the ranks anymore?

I welcome the opportunity to test this update out, but couldn't we just do that without the virii part? The differences in rank power for the top ten require more than 1mil/HPD per day to be able to go anywhere, and if we all lose our income then all our research is for nothing! And im pretty sure there is more than one person who is not ready for the end of this round yet.

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 03:56:34 PM »

UPDATE complete. You will want to force refresh the page so it loads the new CSS style file.

Please message me if you find any bugs.

Thank you.

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 04:21:06 PM »

Code:
You have made 606 collect requests today
^^ and not even 0.1 HPD collected!

Pfft...ill test the new factions stuff, but then count me out until round 3 now. Thats over 1000 research tasks wasted, not to mention the months wasted growing the farm (so to speak). Why couldn't the virii stay the same until round 3? OR implemented when Revelation was imminent? Disgraceful if you ask me.

One a good note though, i love the look & feel of the new factions page/missions setup and the abilities, the 'A'-game here just went up a few notches 19

But im afraid i still dont forgive you for the point above 2

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 04:28:25 PM »

I can already tell you which faction most are going to go with.   True Light.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 04:33:08 PM »

Code:
You have made 606 collect requests today
^^ and not even 0.1 HPD collected!

Pfft...ill test the new factions stuff, but then count me out until round 3 now. Thats over 1000 research tasks wasted, not to mention the months wasted growing the farm (so to speak). Why couldn't the virii stay the same until round 3? OR implemented when Revelation was imminent? Disgraceful if you ask me.

One a good note though, i love the look & feel of the new factions page/missions setup and the abilities, the 'A'-game here just went up a few notches 19

But im afraid i still dont forgive you for the point above 2

You must understand that it is imperative that Revelation Day be started very soon, so we can focus on the new features and missions.

If we where to leave the virii farms alone, then the players will hang on to them and delay the new round.

This way, they will start the round much sooner, and we can proceed with the updates.

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 04:35:48 PM »

It depends. All players start in True Light, but they remain there to competition on the faction missions of TL will be fierce.

Others will want to move in order to access the faction missions of the other factions. I think they balance out very nicely to cover all the servers / mission opportunities.

I'm going to work on statistics for factions, like number of players in each faction, war statistics etc.

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 04:40:57 PM »

It depends. All players start in True Light, but they remain there to competition on the faction missions of TL will be fierce.

Others will want to move in order to access the faction missions of the other factions. I think they balance out very nicely to cover all the servers / mission opportunities.

I'm going to work on statistics for factions, like number of players in each faction, war statistics etc.

Except that True Light gives bonuses on everything people have wanted for a very long time.   Bonus to HPD collection, Increased cracking speeds, and so forth.   I had hoped to work with you on the bonuses but it seems I was not wanted or I would have been included.

Any idea why Triadin quit all the sudden?  I thought he was hoping with the coding?

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
kriszke

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 04:44:54 PM »

Another update like that in the middle of a round. Great Emi, great.
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 04:45:42 PM »

Just a 2 second glance but I see most of the various software types listed but what about the FW and PW Protects???
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 04:47:24 PM »

Of course i understand that, its just very frustrating for some of us, especially those of us that had plans, (Donn, back me up here, we both wanted to break some records in this round laugh) just a few days ago i started a server (dedicated) full of research, enough to bring multiple files up from v20-25 to well over 100 (and thus secure a place in the top 10 because i keep dropping out to 11th /lol), and now thats all down the drainpipe and i now have no use for the 4 other servers i own, added to which, i spent all my HPD on upgrades to my research server and have just under 1mil left :(

Back to the point, i understand that we need to concentrate on the new updates, but messing around with the players' game is not the way to go, if we wanted to drag the round on, why shouldn't we? we payed our gold membership for that right. Adding the factions update is brilliant, it just added another 100 things to do, but at the same time our ability to do ANYTHING has been taken away.

Somehow 2 posts went by as i typed this (lol), but nevermind, rant over, just fighting for our virii.

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 04:48:08 PM »

Except that True Light gives bonuses on everything people have wanted for a very long time.   Bonus to HPD collection, Increased cracking speeds, and so forth.   I had hoped to work with you on the bonuses but it seems I was not wanted or I would have been included.

Any idea why Triadin quit all the sudden?  I thought he was hoping with the coding?

Those are General skills (means available regardless of faction):
Mail relay expertise
Share relay expertise
Software dealer connections
Research Wizard
Hardware dealer connections

I don't know where Tri is, but he might come back later on. Maybe on vacation?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to: