The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 07, 2024, 03:29:40 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Software Trade  (Read 3271 times)
HJ®
« on: July 21, 2008, 07:11:47 PM »

Another adaptation of a way we could possibly yet fairly swap HPD between players.

A trade system is set up, where any hacker could post software (Anonymously for a small charge) and either based on a static price list, the software would automatically be priced and placed into the system for anyone to buy. Alternatively it would be a dynamic list, where players could set a price for a software between a certain range based on file type, size, version, etc. This could potentially start an HP inflation rate and the software dealer could change his prices accordingly, balancing the game/inflation for players by lowering them if the Trade prices get too high, or raising them if the trade prices get too low.

As soon as the software is purchased it is removed from the current owner's HDD, placed into the new owner's HDD and the HPD is swapped accordingly aswell. This would all happen automatically, just like the software dealer. This would have to happen so that players can not simply buy the same file over and over to give HPD to another player.

This could potentially set up "software stores" (would have to be set up in the forums) where players could sell their own software for others to use. They could be "The cheapest store in HP" or have a lot of high, expensive programs and be a "Store" to be envied.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 07:14:52 PM »

i think this'd be cool, tho i'd like to see it on a trial basis first tho, because thats another BIG change in game, and while it'll help newbies, it could also hurt.......

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 08:33:41 AM »

I like that idea, but when the file is removed from the players hard drive when someone else buys it the gold accounts can get it back with the gold FTP server.

jem6502

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 12:09:29 PM »

I think on the surface a free market system would appear to give the lone individual access to higher level software but overall it would tend to increase the gulf between the elite and common players.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 03:06:22 PM »

not really, i need upgrades more than software...........

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 09:12:34 PM »

Trading software is a great idea, and the free one wouldn't be so bad ether because only those with super computers can run most of them. But still paying a small price on them would lower the pandamonium.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: