The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 06, 2024, 02:02:35 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Project C.A.R.L.  (Read 8999 times)
Master Shake

Icarus Code Grinder

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2008, 06:39:25 PM »

To help stem the tide of overwhelming viral infestation,I am opening C.A.R.L.-Center for Antivirus Research and Logistics. To help disinfect low bandwidth operating systems, I will upload a free copy of Ol' Drippy-a V.106 Adware AV to all who meet the requirements. In order to recieve your free AV,you must-
   1) Have a power rating of less than 20
   2) Have less than 7 bandwith
   3) Willing to change your password after the upload is complete

If you meet these criteria,and are being troubled by Adware,please contact me,Master Shake.
  Project C.A.R.L. will continue to assist those in need,but reminds the reader that due to demand,service is based on first come,first serve. We will continue to progress in the antivirus research and hopes to keep casual systems virus free.

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 07:34:17 PM »

To help stem the tide of overwhelming viral infestation,I am opening C.A.R.L.-Center for Antivirus Research and Logistics. To help disinfect low bandwidth operating systems, I will upload a free copy of Ol' Drippy-a V.106 Adware AV to all who meet the requirements. In order to recieve your free AV,you must-
   2) Have less than 7 bandwith
   3) Willing to change your password after the upload is complete

If you meet these criteria,and are being troubled by Adware,please contact me,Master Shake.
  Project C.A.R.L. will continue to assist those in need,but reminds the reader that due to demand,service is based on first come,first serve. We will continue to progress in the antivirus research and hopes to keep casual systems virus free.
Oh Wow, that's nice of you. Good luck ^^

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 08:58:50 PM »

clapping mf_laughbounce2

Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 12:57:57 AM »

Thats a really good idea. Keep it up and you will get some friends as well. thumbsup

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
XRay

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 07:52:53 AM »

I am willing to join your project. I would like to discuss the requirements, though.

Is this restriction necessary? I think the bandwidth requirement should suffice.

Have less than 7 bandwith
Agreed. Maybe the value could be upped a bit, allowing up to 8 kbits, but people with fast connections should be able to get the AV somewhere else.

Be willing to change your password after the upload is complete
Agreed.

I would also like to add that applicants should:
Have already tried to format the HD, but got reinfected
Often, formatting is a good way to get rid of nasty viruses, and if a new player has bad software, he doesn't have much to lose by formatting. The process is simpler and faster than piping a large AV through a small bandwidth. Maybe this should not be a fixed rule, but we should at least suggest that formatting may be a solution.

Sometimes, 1.66 viruses are used to infect newbie gateways. If possible, we should start giving better AVs, but I don't have such an AV yet.
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 10:41:20 AM »

How about no virii level restrictions and just "We disinfect IF we can. We will try but its not sure we can fix everyones virii."?

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 07:03:44 PM »

How about no virii level restrictions and just "We disinfect IF we can. We will try but its not sure we can fix everyones virii."?
Lol that would be nice rofl but it's like "Oh god they can't disinfect it we're screwed"

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
HJ®
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 05:42:22 AM »

I am willing to join your project. I would like to discuss the requirements, though.

Is this restriction necessary? I think the bandwidth requirement should suffice.

Agreed. Maybe the value could be upped a bit, allowing up to 8 kbits, but people with fast connections should be able to get the AV somewhere else.

Agreed.

Often, formatting is a good way to get rid of nasty viruses, and if a new player has bad software, he doesn't have much to lose by formatting. The process is simpler and faster than piping a large AV through a small bandwidth. Maybe this should not be a fixed rule, but we should at least suggest that formatting may be a solution.

Sometimes, 1.66 viruses are used to infect newbie gateways. If possible, we should start giving better AVs, but I don't have such an AV yet.

yeah you shoud listen to this guy. otherwise i dont meet the criteria lol
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 05:45:28 AM »

Agreed.

yeah you shoud listen to this guy. otherwise i dont meet the criteria lol
Haha nice =P, also i like you sig  13

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 06:56:40 AM »

Most of the people bothering to write (or steal) a signature have a good one. Its not ok to let yourself to associate with a bad signature.

Master Shake

Icarus Code Grinder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »

The requirements are there to prevent laziness of players-This is to help people who are getting farmed by Adware,and cant DL an Anti before the farmer kills the process. People with gates upgraded with enough BW to DL usually find dual copies installed and end up wanting to quit because of frustration. I only put 7 because it seemed like a nice low number,without it getting abused and me spending a ton of bandwidth handing people a crutch. As for the power rating,the way I see it,if your able to get past 20,you should be able to get AV yourself-But with the research some farmers are doing,I offered the v.106 to help compete with mutating strains. If anyone NEEDS a copy "Ol' Drippy",they can still message me in-game. And remember that we are all limited by bandwidth,so patience is needed.

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 04:37:06 AM »

I think that a 10kb BW restriction would be good. Then you have to have 9 or less which will require a maximum of level 0.3 AV.

Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 09:57:38 AM »

Dent, this is why you get flamed all the time. You just posted in a topic that had been dead for more than 30 days, which is no longer active, from which the two most relevant players (Shake and XRay) have QUIT THE GAME. Why? Why did you do this?
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 10:15:50 AM »

Because I recently saw someone saying that CARL is still running.

neo alpha

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 11:05:05 AM »

MS has quit the game...

This project don't exists anymore :/  17

Add