The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 02, 2024, 09:55:05 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: downloads manager improved  (Read 5809 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 10, 2008, 01:39:32 AM »

- you can now distribute the bandwidth among 20 downloads
- use 5% increments from the list to distribute the bandwidth
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 01:49:18 AM by siremi » Logged

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 03:04:24 AM »

I had an upload to a NPC server going at 157 kb.  I set it to 50% and it dropped down to 50ish KB.  So it is not accurate as of yet.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
XRay

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 03:14:53 AM »

I think 50% means that it uses so many resources that your gateway has 50% of its maximum bandwidth used (including other downloads!). So far, it seems to work fine for me. 1
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 03:16:22 AM »

That could be.  I was going off how it used to work before the drop down boxes where it was a % of what BW was left free.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 02:43:16 PM »

I was trying to dl two files and I have only 18kbps, but for some reason I cannot get them both to be 9, the closest I can get is 8.9 and 9.1

Nelander

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 07:53:45 AM »

GS, i think that because the dinamic distribution is based on free bw not total bw. so for example in your case you had 2 dl, each taking 0.1 so you had 17.8 aviable not 18, when you tell it to use 50% it calculates 50% of 17.8 thats 8.9 then when you tell the other one to take the rest it uses the 9.1 left.
human

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 08:25:09 AM »

GS, i think that because the dinamic distribution is based on free bw not total bw. so for example in your case you had 2 dl, each taking 0.1 so you had 17.8 aviable not 18, when you tell it to use 50% it calculates 50% of 17.8 thats 8.9 then when you tell the other one to take the rest it uses the 9.1 left.

Exactly as you said.

So, if you arre using 50% in one, you will have to select 100% at the other because, whatever it calculates percentage from free bandwith, if you select 50% and is is taken by another download, it will remain for the one you set up first.

EoD's forums

~~ Human ~~ EoD Co-Leader
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 11:18:05 PM »

There are still some problems with the BW Manager.

May I suggest simply putting in a text box next to each file transfer and allowing us to specify the exact amount of BW to use, not to exceed our max or the target servers max of course.

For an example of the problem I have come across multiple times.

I have x amount of BW max.  I set all of my transfers to .1 kb then I set 1 that is going to a NPC server to 25%.  It comes out around 10% instead.   So I increase it to 35% but it comes out around 10-15% depending on the day, as it is not consistant.

I actually had to set a transfer at 70% to achieve a 50% BW usage one time.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 11:22:52 PM »

Ok virus man, I'll see if I can set a textbox in there, the main thing was to keep things more simple... it's too confusing as it is.

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 11:33:58 PM »

Ok virus man, I'll see if I can set a textbox in there, the main thing was to keep things more simple... it's too confusing as it is.

I appreciate it and I think people will find it easier than trying to figure out the % thing.  But we shall see.  Lets hope some people provide feedback on it when the new change happens.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 09:42:28 AM »

Right now I've noticed that what it is doing is setting your total bw usage to the % specified in the dynamic distribution drop down... not the file you chose...

So if I already have 50% bw going and I want the next file to take up another 10%, I would have to enter 60% for the distribution rather than 10%...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: