The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 03, 2024, 06:23:45 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: More bandwidth starting  (Read 9301 times)
afrothunder0569

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2008, 02:26:02 AM »

Ok I just started playing this game and am really frustrated with how long it takes to download/upload anything, even the basic stuff it takes like 2 or more hours to download. It is at 5kb/s, but in real life the minimum would be dial-up and thats like 56kb/s right?

(Plus the storyline is supposedly set in the future where the bandwidth would most likely be much greater than 5kb/s)

This is just a suggestion to raise the minimum bandwidth to help keep new members on the site  1
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 03:50:51 AM »

Ok I just started playing this game and am really frustrated with how long it takes to download/upload anything, even the basic stuff it takes like 2 or more hours to download. It is at 5kb/s, but in real life the minimum would be dial-up and thats like 56kb/s right?

(Plus the storyline is supposedly set in the future where the bandwidth would most likely be much greater than 5kb/s)

This is just a suggestion to raise the minimum bandwidth to help keep new members on the site  1
Lol this has been suggested so many times, the main way to earn money is missions when you start out. In my opinion the 5 kbs is already nice, also you have to take into account that a group formed called "true-light" gave you a free server, so as low as the hardware is its still pretty nice if you think about it. Also if the bandwidth is raised everyone has to have theirs raised as well or else it won't be fair for only newbies to have it. 56kbs is too fast too, seeing that at 5kbs - 20 easily quadruples your download speed.

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 08:05:26 AM »

believe me, at first i thought the same thing, but even 6 and 7 kbs make it MUCH faster, and thats relatively cheap, just plod on ahead with adware and make your money in the beginning (only us abandoned servers for adware, other wise process gets killed)

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 02:11:41 PM »

believe me, at first i thought the same thing, but even 6 and 7 kbs make it MUCH faster, and thats relatively cheap, just plod on ahead with adware and make your money in the beginning (only us abandoned servers for adware, other wise process gets killed)
Yepp start uploading adwares on abandoned servers as you do missions or download better files to not let your bandwidth go to waste.

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 02:13:06 PM »

teehee, 2.1meg connection = virii lord

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 02:17:33 PM »

teehee, 2.1meg connection = virii lord

since when? i thought it was nuke lord..........

sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 02:18:33 PM »

ive stopped uploading nukes for now >.>

just busy disinfecting servers now.

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 02:27:07 PM »

i like mass numbers of virii more :P more money in it anyway (over time at least) and i've seen your adware >.< wish i had it >.>

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 02:37:37 PM »

ive stopped uploading nukes for now >.>

just busy disinfecting servers now.
watch those babies like hawks O_O

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 02:45:19 PM »

:hawk:

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 02:45:33 PM »

lolz drunk

Kingdutch

Crazyness :D

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 12:38:40 PM »

Upload Adware Spam Daemon V 0.1 [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx], 5h 21m 38s

ZOMG first virus, and I still think sovietpride should come in and find out who stopped that deleting process I had going. -.- he has my IP anyway.

but it takes ages (5 hours O.O) seeing I have 6 Kb/s and about 10 HPD left from missions. (CPU x2 mem x1 and BW x1 had to vote to get the money :') )

Skippyballs would do well in this game.
PauloHaddad

paulochf@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 12:44:58 PM »

Upload Adware Spam Daemon V 0.1 [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx], 5h 21m 38s

ZOMG first virus, and I still think sovietpride should come in and find out who stopped that deleting process I had going. -.- he has my IP anyway.

but it takes ages (5 hours O.O) seeing I have 6 Kb/s and about 10 HPD left from missions. (CPU x2 mem x1 and BW x1 had to vote to get the money :') )
Oh yeah. It's a turtle speed. I understand you...

If I write something wrong, grammatically speaking, please msg me!
please

Thx!  13
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 12:45:03 PM »

:P i have, i thunk now, 8 adware, and my bandwidth's not much better than yours >.> most of my uploads are limited to 5 bandwidth anyway >.< but i'll have 2 running, so time is still better than it would be

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 01:05:03 PM »

Finally reached 200 BW but still takes an hour to upload.. -sigh- Must get 1 mb!! And also getting from 5kb to 10kb doubles your time i think :] so it shouldn't be hard VIA voting that's what i did to get some extra cash.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: