The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 15, 2024, 04:37:55 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Servers tab of group  (Read 2923 times)
Araeus

View Profile Email
« on: May 26, 2009, 04:11:32 PM »

I think a player should have the ability to mark a server as their "main" and have it show up in an individual servers section under the servers tab in groups, then you can follow a group member's server even after he IP changes.  Or you can choose not to show one if you're paranoid.

Will help with sharing and cooperation  12

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 06:40:49 PM »

Or the members could just post their new IP on the group board  laugh

Seriously, group members come and go, you do not want your IP visible unless you choose to.

Group servers on the other hand...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 06:42:56 PM by siremi » Logged

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 06:54:44 PM »

I would beg to differ, but that is why it would be optional.

Or maybe settings to show only to group members who are also your friend (or just all group members default)

Hatejacket
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 10:12:40 PM »

Also I think if your group members "come and go", you've got yourself a crappy group. This is why The OG's do not allow anyone in unless you've played for at least 2 rounds. It may seem like a high standard, but you must have high standards if you want to be successful. That 2 rounds worth of experience gives you more than enough time to learn the ropes.

If you join a group with anything but the best intentions, where are you going? Nowhere. And it really says a lot for the reputation of your group if you have a different member every day, right Jake?

Don't just go out and fill your roster spots for the sake of rank. While this IS your ultimate goal, that is going about it the wrong way.

I know that when I look at my group, I see two 2xHOF members who are almost universally respected. That alone is worth more to me than knowing about any of...some other group's rank. I already know what they are capable of and I don't need a number to tell me that. This is the basis of The OG's.

Either way this problem can be solved. Add a favourites tab to the IPDb. But Emi is right, you don't want to be giving your group leader your ip only to be kicked out and hacked minutes later...
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 11:22:39 AM »

Well that's why you'd only do it in a group of trusted individuals  12

But I do see the point, a favorites tab in the IPDB would work but I was looking more for a way for group members to keep up on a member's server automatically.  I guess we can just stick with posting though  13

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: