The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 03, 2024, 02:07:47 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: SoTL shows their true colors  (Read 62894 times)
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2008, 06:09:46 PM »

Edit: It may seem contrary, but as long as he cant kill the disinfects or the activation remotely... then it essentially leaves his server open to us. Then, after the disinfect, someone uploads a nice v 5 malware, and we no longer have to worry about that particular server, lol

Nope. See, a v5 malware takes around 2000 minutes (more than 24 hours) to activate. Even if he only signs on once a day, he can kill it. Also, as soon as he IP changes, the malware is dead, and not doing any more damage.
Xirad

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2008, 06:10:26 PM »

there really are only two copies out there posing any kind of a threat

Actually, as long as there is one copy out there.. there are a possible infinite number available, lol. All it takes is someone to do the same thing SoTL did to get their copies...
Also, as long as it's under noobie protection. It's only threat is that it is a distribution point.

However, if both groups do complete what they said they would.. then the immediate threat of DD would subside quite a bit.  5

Exou - lol, it wouldn't be cliche... but it would be very.... internet craze appropriate?

EDIT: Ah, well then at least it removes him from researching the Rev virus, for now

Hmm....
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2008, 06:13:17 PM »

I'll have the scans in an hour..
Why do I feel the ARC are suddenly powerless? I really need reassurance they're doing all they can, I feel like they're the revelation police for some reason...
I mean.. that's why they were created, right?
Exousia
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2008, 06:26:54 PM »

Yes, ARC was created to curtail Revelation, but it is also a stand-alone group which is still building its power base. Use or even ownership of Revelation is strictly forbidden. Some members are pretty strong now, however, but I personally feel that it is not sufficient to have ARC or SGP doing this for us. The only way to effect real change in this game is to unite as a community and strike at the common enemy. Win or lose, we will demonstrate that we cannot be bullied, manipulated, or ignored.
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2008, 06:27:53 PM »

Win or lose, we will demonstrate that we cannot be bullied, manipulated, or ignored.

Except by Emi on a regular basis ;)
riolic

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2008, 07:25:54 PM »

I currently have the power on my server to disinfect all the revelations in existence simultaneously.... as of about 12 min ago..... so, as soon as i have the AP for it i will start helping to counter the servers.... but this still aint looking good.
Exousia
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2008, 07:31:55 PM »

I currently have the power on my server to disinfect all the revelations in existence simultaneously.... as of about 12 min ago..... so, as soon as i have the AP for it i will start helping to counter the servers.... but this still aint looking good.

Unfortunately, I must agree with your assessment, Rio. However, we can sit and cry about it or we can act. If nothing else, this will call someone's bluff and make it less likely that a reset will occur simply because bystanders gave up and decided not to fight it, but to encourage it. It will make our last few moments much more interesting at the very least.  5
Exousia
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2008, 07:34:13 PM »

Forgive the double post, but I forgot to add: Thank you for your support, Rio.

Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2008, 07:44:13 PM »

Win or lose, we will demonstrate that we cannot be bullied, manipulated, or ignored.

Except by Emi on a regular basis ;)
That is true.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2008, 09:31:22 PM »

Here are the results:
here's The Start of something new.
IP [NotonForums!] scan completed...

Scanning for active firewall version... No firewall protection!

Scanning for active passwd protection version... No password protection!

Scanning for highest version software... Detected Stolen Revelation Virus V 1 as highest version file...

Scanning hardware... Detected 550 Mhz CPU core, 32768 kb Memory, 200 Gb hard drives, 5 kbs Bandwidth.

and Drzejb.
IP [NotonForums!] scan completed...

Scanning for active firewall version... No firewall protection!

Scanning for active passwd protection version... No password protection!

Scanning for highest version software... Detected DB FireWall Protect 49.054 V 49.054 as highest version file...

Scanning hardware... Detected 60550 Mhz CPU core, 3719168 kb Memory, 50 Gb hard drives, 600 kbs Bandwidth.

Seems like as of current, the start of something new is only for holding, but the Drzejb server is apparently an active threat.
It also seems TSoSN is without protection, which will make it easier for us, but Drzejb has a power FW prot. with V49, he'll be impossible for newbies to crack, but SGP and ARC should have no problem.
I say, as of current, Drzejb is the most troublesome, but long term, I'd bet that TSoSN will be a major problem.

Exousia
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2008, 10:37:26 PM »

Drzejb has something to lose, or he wouldn't be trying to protect it. He may be trying to beef up the Revelation version to make sure that there's always an impossible-to-stop version out there which is purchasable
Xirad

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2008, 11:01:20 PM »

Which falls back on my question of... if we installed it could he stop the installation? And if not.. should we do that and disinfect it? Therefore removing his research and possible threat for.. a bit

Hmm....
Exousia
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2008, 11:14:17 PM »

Which falls back on my question of... if we installed it could he stop the installation? And if not.. should we do that and disinfect it? Therefore removing his research and possible threat for.. a bit

Only one way to find out!
Xirad

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2008, 11:17:19 PM »

lol, true. but I believe we should let someone that can catch bullets pretty well do it.. just in case there are... unintended consequences...  laugh

EDIT: On a side note... who's server is " Bag of poo " ? Since they have apparently bought themselves a rev virus, lol. Of course they say they won't use it on their server... but who can really trust anyone nowadays
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 11:19:19 PM by Xirad » Logged

Hmm....
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2008, 12:36:27 AM »

Alright, I'm trying to install it. Wish me luck; if it installs, I'll use it to blast the server it's on ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Print
Jump to: