The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 06, 2024, 09:27:38 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sending IPs as a form of mail  (Read 3534 times)
Hatejacket
« on: May 27, 2009, 04:56:46 AM »

I think this would help the group as well as the faction updates. Heck, it could help the friend list update too (which iMO is nice but kinds lacking)

Add an option to 'send IP' in your group roster list/friend list. The process then shows a text box in which you enter an IP and send it. When the receiver opens the message, the IP is added to their database unless already listed.

This also allows group members to keep track of their members IP's when they are changed. Perhaps a quick link to send all of your group members an IP message at once.

If faction boards are indeed created, it will help faction members looking for faction IPs.

It will improve pvp too, as you will be able to be sent an IP by anyone if you so happen to be looking for it.

It will help group members keep track of secret IPs when they change.

This solves a few suggestions that have been brought up.

What do you think?
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 05:35:03 AM »

I'm very much in favor of it. Good idea HJ!

Imo it shouldn't even be limited to groups but would add a nice touch to the groups function  1
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 06:09:35 AM »

I think this would help the group as well as the faction updates. Heck, it could help the friend list update too (which iMO is nice but kinds lacking)

Add an option to 'send IP' in your group roster list/friend list. The process then shows a text box in which you enter an IP and send it. When the receiver opens the message, the IP is added to their database unless already listed.

This also allows group members to keep track of their members IP's when they are changed. Perhaps a quick link to send all of your group members an IP message at once.

If faction boards are indeed created, it will help faction members looking for faction IPs.

It will improve pvp too, as you will be able to be sent an IP by anyone if you so happen to be looking for it.

It will help group members keep track of secret IPs when they change.

This solves a few suggestions that have been brought up.

What do you think?

one at a time is gonna be a click fest though, i get asked for ip's all the time maybe a better idea would be a to make all ip's in messages clickable links to add to ipbase.

i send here is 2 ip's 1.1.1.1 and 2.2.2.2 and the game turns that into here is 2 ip's <a href='addtoipdb'>1.1.1.1</a> and <a href='addtoipdb'>2.2.2.2</a>
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 11:30:50 AM »

It's a good idea, but I think this will work best as a mail group function.

In Group, just click on a mail group members, enter the message and send an ingame mail to all group members, or just checkbox the ones you want to receive it, or check all.

Then you can add as many IPs and instructions as you need in the message.

Should help coordinate plans better.

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 11:36:24 AM »

We can also add an "IP List" button in Group.

Works like the "Friend list", you submit an IP with a tag (Friend / Neutral / Enemy) and it makes a list of IPs relevant to the group effort, similar to the Friend list. From that, the group member can just click a Add to IP Db or connect or bounce.

You may also add a short description of that IP, like why it is there, what needs done to it, etc.

Hatejacket
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 01:46:40 PM »

We can also add an "IP List" button in Group.

Works like the "Friend list", you submit an IP with a tag (Friend / Neutral / Enemy) and it makes a list of IPs relevant to the group effort, similar to the Friend list. From that, the group member can just click a Add to IP Db or connect or bounce.

You may also add a short description of that IP, like why it is there, what needs done to it, etc.

This. Only the leader or the person who added the IP can remove it.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 03:42:27 PM »

/signed

That will work perfectly.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: