The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 12, 2024, 10:42:32 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Faction/Personal Server Tracer  (Read 3193 times)
Hatejacket
« on: June 04, 2009, 12:47:00 PM »

Anyone else up to the idea of a Sniffer that has a textbox in which you can enter any IP you'd like and you are notified of it if the IP hits the sniffer?

I thought of that whilst trying to come up with a different suggestion:

some form of a Server Tracer, you search for a server name and it runs a process. Depending on how many IP's are in your DB (With a time cap), it will search the undeleted/unmodified remote logs of all servers which you have admin access for the specific IP.
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 12:57:36 PM »

im not really seeing what we gain from either ?

maybe some examples of how/when/why to use them ?

gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 02:12:23 PM »

yeah, I do not see the point in searching logs of servers for an ip that you already have..

Hatejacket
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 02:16:32 PM »

What I meant was, say you have a server known for hitting you, and he IP changes frequently but doesn't modify his server name.

In the searchbox you would search for "Random's Dedicated Server" or "Xyz's Research Server", etc. It would then run a process searching throughout the remote logs in your IPDB for any IP that has connected with an unmodified log with this server name.
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 02:18:50 PM »

I like the idea, but I think it would suck for people without gold... but it would make sure people deleted their logs more often... even if with just a v.1 deleter...

Hatejacket
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 02:29:44 PM »

precisely, and it's an incentive to buy gold. (I'm strictly in favor of gold-only playing. in R1 I played with a gold and non-gold account, the difference is immeasurable)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: