The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 15, 2024, 04:54:41 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Time Estimation Calculator  (Read 2318 times)
Master Shake

Icarus Code Grinder

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2008, 09:10:55 PM »

This may have been suggested already,but I dont have the patience to sort through all the suggestions looking for it. My suggestion is an in-game calculator where you can input software type/version/bandwidth to get an estimated time for upload/download completions. Im not sure if I would extend this to other processes (i.e. Disinfects,installation times,etc.) as Im sure there is some way I havent thought of to abuse it.
    It would be easier to time a download/upload without having to actually run it first and then manipulate the bandwidth accordingly. It would also give people an idea of what theyre "in for" when it came to large files,and perhaps act as a deterring tool-preventing the unawares from needlessly exposing themselves for something they wont want in the long run. It would also help people time the completions of multiple programs,and hopefully get the most out of their bandwidth.

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 09:13:09 PM »

This may have been suggested already,but I dont have the patience to sort through all the suggestions looking for it. My suggestion is an in-game calculator where you can input software type/version/bandwidth to get an estimated time for upload/download completions. Im not sure if I would extend this to other processes (i.e. Disinfects,installation times,etc.) as Im sure there is some way I havent thought of to abuse it.
    It would be easier to time a download/upload without having to actually run it first and then manipulate the bandwidth accordingly. It would also give people an idea of what theyre "in for" when it came to large files,and perhaps act as a deterring tool-preventing the unawares from needlessly exposing themselves for something they wont want in the long run. It would also help people time the completions of multiple programs,and hopefully get the most out of their bandwidth.

This is already being worked on by a joint venture between SGP and AIR.  When completed it will be a webpage with lots of useful data.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 09:16:35 PM »

This is already being worked on by a joint venture between SGP and AIR.  When completed it will be a webpage with lots of useful data.

Yay, less work.  5

I'm currently designing the newbie in game AI tutorial / mentor.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: