The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 13, 2024, 07:42:11 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: Sons of Technological Liberty  (Read 100616 times)
Exousia
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2008, 11:59:40 PM »

I'm not hiding behind a pseudonym and holding Revelation on servers under noobie protection over any of this. Activating Revelation, threatening to reset the game over SGP's "stranglehold" is the very definition of punishing the whole community. You are deluded if you think that the community at large has any real sympathy for you now.

Your arguments are moot. You keep reiterating the same dogma about how SGP is evil. I see no value in your statements. If you want to effect positive change, stop preaching and complete those formats without condition and prove yourselves the better.

Exousia, you need to learn to count bro, how is SoTL threatening a reset, count the revelation servers.... There are not 10 of them.... even including SGP, if they really wanted a reset would they not have made 10 servers?  Sheesh stop being so paranoid.

4 SoTL, 2 SGP, 1 whoever. Yup, seven. Thanks for pointing that out as obviously my primitive mind couldn't wrap my head around that concept.  16

Forgive me for being passionate about my stand, Rio, but the threat was made and the possibility existed, it was an empty threat, but it was made.  4

I think, however, that virtually everyone will agree that EVERYONE should just delete their Rev copies. Am I wrong? There may be a few hold outs sill thinking that a reset will solve all the problems in the game, but SoTL, SGP, ARC, TNW, etc. all claim to want the same thing, so let's just kill those Rev copies and walk away, alright? Sheesh.

I do think I have too much time on my hands right now and you know what they say about arguing on the internet.  19 laugh
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2008, 12:03:10 AM »

4 SoTL, 2 SGP, 1 whoever. Yup, seven. Thanks for pointing that out as obviously my primitive mind couldn't wrap my head around that concept.  16

Forgive me for being passionate about my stand, Rio, but the threat was made and the possibility existed, it was an empty threat, but it was made.  4

I think, however, that virtually everyone will agree that EVERYONE should just delete their Rev copies. Am I wrong? There may be a few hold outs sill thinking that a reset will solve all the problems in the game, but SoTL, SGP, ARC, TNW, etc. all claim to want the same thing, so let's just kill those Rev copies and walk away, alright? Sheesh.

I do think I have too much time on my hands right now and you know what they say about arguing on the internet.  19 laugh

I agree; the problem now is who's going to disarm first.
Exousia
« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2008, 12:09:30 AM »

Exactly. Who's man/woman/men/women enough to do it first? Nothing's going to be solved until the disarmament is completed otherwise we got ourselves a cold-war on HP.
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2008, 12:15:39 AM »

Yeah, but a cold war where anybody with a bit of cash can get all the nukes they want, so much worse than just a cold war.

That being said, I think I see a way through this. If SGP doesn't install any revs, and has no install processes running, and has deletes running, that would be a show of good intent such that SoTL could format without worries. Then if SGP backslides, apart from looking like jerks, they'll give SoTL a chance to nuke us all.  That should be enough deterrent that SoTL can delete their Revs without fear.

SoTL? SGP? Does this sound at all reasonable, or am I on crack? :P
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2008, 12:42:34 AM »

Couple of points of interest.

1> Activating Revelations 2.452 takes almost 5K AP.
2> Disinfecting Revelations 2.452 takes almost 2.5K AP.
3> Deleting Revelations 2.452 takes over 800 hours locally and 8,000 hours remotely
4> Activation time of Revelations 2.452 takes more than 10 days.
5> Disinfecting Revelations 2.452 takes more than 10 days.
6> If SoTL does activate even just 1 of the Revelations it will mean game over for everyone as there is no way to stop a reset at that point.
7> SGP saw this which is why SGP never activated Revelations 2.452 (Tsar Pushka and Tsar Bomba).
8> The Faith Union was aware of everything SGP was doing even up to and including allowing a 3rd Tsar Weapon to be installed by ANY PERSON in the Faith Union.
9> SGP has never bullied, repeatidly attacked, or otherwise harm another players server unless they attacked ANYONE in the Faith Union or tried installing a copy of Revelations.  SoTL which has shown themselves through their own actions to be Pro-Rev (Why else would their activations be the ONLY activations still in the process of installing?) has done the above to several weaker members who belonged to the Faith Union.

Now taking all the above into account the only ones who have shown malice intent is SoTL.  As such any and all SoTL Servers are open for attack by any and all.  As well as the fact that Faith 2.5 is available for any and ALL to download.

I will be making a post on the SGP forums of Moen Co's and Riolic's servers as well as drzejb's servers since Riolic has been using his servers to try and mask his activities.

As an added bonus any player who VI's and Disinfect's any of the above mentioned player's virii will get an upgrade to the software of their choice by at least V10.0.  That means if they have a V100 software then I will make them at my own expense a V110 Software.  But it must be proven via Screenshots and Log entries that you are the one who did the damage to the above.

SoTL through their actions, statements, and past histories have shown themselves to be Pro-Revelations.

The only way these actions will be stopped will be by SoTL all coming forward and admitting who they are instead of hiding behind a mask, as well as the deletion of all of their copies of Revelations.  This is non-negotiable as the Faith Union will not bow to terrorist activities.

This will be the last statement by the leadership of SGP, ARC, or the Faith Union dealing with SoTL.

Ebolla

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
riolic

View Profile Email
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2008, 01:56:48 AM »

4> Activation time of Revelations 2.452 takes more than 10 days.
5> Disinfecting Revelations 2.452 takes more than 10 days.
6> If SoTL does activate even just 1 of the Revelations it will mean game over for everyone as there is no way to stop a reset at that point.
7> SGP saw this which is why SGP never activated Revelations 2.452 (Tsar Pushka and Tsar Bomba).
8> The Faith Union was aware of everything SGP was doing even up to and including allowing a 3rd Tsar Weapon to be installed by ANY PERSON in the Faith Union.
I'm sure SGP or other members of the faith union could have realized activation/disinfect times on the revelation virus with a few simple calculations... So that raises this question again, why did you make it?  Is it because you don't think ahead? Or because you truly wanted a reset but still wanted to have a good PR going into the next round?

9> SGP has never bullied, repeatidly attacked, or otherwise harm another players server unless they attacked ANYONE in the Faith Union or tried installing a copy of Revelations.  SoTL which has shown themselves through their own actions to be Pro-Rev (Why else would their activations be the ONLY activations still in the process of installing?) has done the above to several weaker members who belonged to the Faith Union.
OK now onto this one, I have no attacked SGP or any FU members since the founding of the FU, I doubt I have connected to a secret server except to gain my copy of the .1 faith and for an occasional mission while i was researching my v 31 deleter/undeleter combo.
So... why was i bombed? was it because you are scared of me? or is it because you feel the need to bully anyone who isnt on your side? I bet that's it, isn't it?
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2008, 02:14:41 AM »

Okay, way to ignore me there. I don't want this round to end, work with me here, Ebolla. And SoTL, you haven't even answered yet, at least v-man bothered posting!

On an unrelated note:

SGP hit me unprovoked. Twice. For, as I've stated previously, over 3 million HPD worth of damages.  I hadn't attacked anybody in FU; I hadn't attacked ANYBODY in several months, because I'd spent all my AP on creating farms. And I obviously hadn't screwed around with Rev.  So, just to set the record straight, SGP isn't a bunch of angels.

EDIT: In all fairness, the second time was a case of mistaken identity.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 02:16:53 AM by Raistlin » Logged
SoTL

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2008, 09:13:05 AM »

And yet the two players who were targets of the Tsar Weapons deny any wrongdoing.

We wish to reiterate that riolic and Moen have nothing to do with our current activities. If what we say is true, then attacking their servers unprovoked again may simply add more sympathizers to our cause. We stand by our promise made earlier to retaliate on their behalf if any member of the FU follows this order.

In our wish to work towards disarmament we would like an estimate on when SGPs copies of Revelation will be deleted. We will give them enough time to complete said deletions, and not activate Revelation until after that deadline. However, again we emphasize that attacking a third parties server in the conflict between you and us will void this agreement and we will not forestall the activation of our Revelations. The deletion of our copies depends on your actions and replies.

As for terrorists, you have shown the signs of terrorism yourself. You use fear and threats of violence to force information out of hackers that you have no right or use for, other than your own curiosity. You threaten the safety of players not involved in our conflict, directly instructing your allies to attack their servers. The fact of the matter is, we are both terrorists right now, and neither of us is in the right. We simply hold the upper hand.
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2008, 12:56:06 PM »

I got something to say SoTL because it seems like you dont keep your own word. take a look at this

Action Sel #ID Type Details Version CPU Mem Band
Kill  1018755 Kernel log delete file #263547 Revelation Virus V 0.1 [Owned][234.253.178.201], 332h 59m 14s  0.1 0 0 0
Kill  1018075 Kernel  activate virii file #263547 Revelation Virus V 0.1 [localhost], 9h 45m 0s  0.1 10000 600000 400

Where was the format again? I don't seem to see it.

Stop play so noble and think you are doing this for the good sake because its easy to see your not. So stop your s*** so we can contiune to play this game.
Exousia
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2008, 01:54:31 PM »

Okay, there are now nine, count them, nine copies of Rev out there and one's installed. Who's paranoid now?
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2008, 02:12:18 PM »

Yeah and SoTL dont keep his word with the format ^^
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2008, 02:15:59 PM »

What the hell, it's on an Icarus server!
*a seeeecrett Icarus server  19 *
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2008, 02:31:15 PM »

There also came a new SoTL server ^^ and to tell the truth then both Riolic and Conome buyed a server at the same time ^^
riolic

View Profile Email
« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2008, 02:55:50 PM »

There also came a new SoTL server ^^ and to tell the truth then both Riolic and Conome buyed a server at the same time ^^

lol.... i made a new farm server so sue me? and to your comment about the format i see one running as of the time i checked it....
Exousia
« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2008, 02:58:02 PM »

I only mentioned the quantity of Rev servers, the insinuations as to owners and etc. are those of the individual posters. Let's just get rid of them, shall we?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Print
Jump to: