The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 15, 2024, 07:04:07 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: IP Dealer Changes  (Read 4958 times)
Hatejacket
« on: July 02, 2011, 01:32:40 AM »

I just went through over 3,400 missions in my database and couldn't yield more than 2 faction IPs. I should have more than 35 in total. Is this a bug, or what?

I don't think the IP Dealer should give duplicate secret IPs for the price he is posting. Does ANYONE use this feature? Early on in the game it's too expensive, and later in the game you just get duplicates over and over again.

Also I think it would be cool if we could pay something like 50,000 HPD and request an IP change to any digits we'd like, so long as the octets look like what a regular IP would look like (Not too many digits). After you buy the change, the regular process would run down on your system. If you already have an IP change process running you wouldn't be able to buy a new IP without cancelling it, and it wouldn't let you have an IP that already exists, obviously. This wouldn't make any IP more of a target than they are now because you could simply type random digits into the connect bar and get the same effect.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:43:36 AM by Hatejacket » Logged
norill

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 09:08:13 AM »

i'd say yes, but make it possible only for gold acc. gold acc needs pimping, because its only really attractive feature is 20% cheaper hw

Hatejacket
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 09:09:50 AM »

i'd say yes, but make it possible only for gold acc. gold acc needs pimping, because its only really attractive feature is 20% cheaper hw

No way!

80 HPD/hour of research
Gold FTP (FTW!)
Server re-naming

Those 3 things alone are worth 20 bucks a year.
norill

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 12:46:31 PM »

No way!

80 HPD/hour of research
Gold FTP (FTW!)
Server re-naming

- you dont need to research anything, because you can steal it or dl from unlisted. and research is cheap even w/o gold.
- i admit it is very useful, but it becomes less useful later in round, because files become bigger and bigger.
- you wont fool top players on changing server name, and y would someone care about fooling noobs?

more bonuses for gold accounts means more money to develop HP (as long as these bonuses doesnt imbalance the game)

Hatejacket
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 01:05:48 PM »

No way!

80 HPD/hour of research
Gold FTP (FTW!)
Server re-naming

- you dont need to research anything, because you can steal it or dl from unlisted. and research is cheap even w/o gold.
- i admit it is very useful, but it becomes less useful later in round, because files become bigger and bigger.
- you wont fool top players on changing server name, and y would someone care about fooling noobs?

more bonuses for gold accounts means more money to develop HP (as long as these bonuses doesnt imbalance the game)

Norill still has much to learn apparently. Stealing from unlisted servers (Yes I call it that, because you are really doing no work of your own - I've never once approved of this idea) is only going to get you files that are 80% the version of the highest available. Not good for many files. And good luck stealing files from me. You might think it's cheap but I really doubt you've done 50x5000 hour research tasks. That's 5 million HPD saved.

Gold FTP is very useful when you are building farms, making new servers and you can increase the cap. I have 100GB now and it really really - really helps. It would take ages to install the 25 v5 malwares I've installed in the last 2 weeks alone, and impossible on a server with no bandwidth. The Gold FTP alone is worth $20 a year.

And who says you won't fool top players? ;)

Not to mention I'm fairly certain Emi gets enough cash from one player alone lol
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:11:08 PM by Hatejacket » Logged
norill

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 02:33:21 PM »

Norill still has much to learn apparently. Stealing from unlisted servers (Yes I call it that, because you are really doing no work of your own - I've never once approved of this idea) is only going to get you files that are 80% the version of the highest available. Not good for many files. And good luck stealing files from me. You might think it's cheap but I really doubt you've done 50x5000 hour research tasks. That's 5 million HPD saved.
5000 hours is over half a year, 5 milion HPD is nothing in such scope. And no one succeeded to finish task that long afaik.
Not to mention I'm fairly certain Emi gets enough cash from one player alone lol
agreed

Hatejacket
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 02:50:26 PM »

5000 hours is over half a year, 5 milion HPD is nothing in such scope. And no one succeeded to finish task that long afaik.
agreed

5000 hours + 75% Ability + 10% faction bonus = around 1000 hours

Much to learn norill :P
norill

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 08:19:05 AM »

again, if you can afford having 75% Ability 5 million HPD is nothing for you

Hatejacket
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 08:28:20 AM »

again, if you can afford having 75% Ability 5 million HPD is nothing for you

Not when you are researching potentially 20+ software at a time. That's 100 million HPD. 416000 Bandwidth that you wouldn't have without it. Just trust me, it adds up. Not to mention it's 20 bucks for a year. You're not buying any games for that price that are still being played regularly today.

I understand where you're coming from, but you've gotta understand if you want to be at the top you're going to need a gold account.

You have yet to play a round with me. Those 25 v5 malwares from yesterday? Yeah, I'm at 32 now. Wouldn't be possible without a gold FTP. Wait until i really start using them. There's a reason round 4's highest power ranking is lower than the lowest of any other round.

I have enough ability points to have 75% in at least 1 ability already now (And I'd have enough for 2 if I hadn't changed factions), and I could do wonders with 5 million HPD.

I'm not trying to dog ya or anything, just stating facts :P
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 09:19:57 AM by Hatejacket » Logged
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 11:47:10 AM »

Ps unlisted now only will do up to 50% instead of 80% of max software
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 11:48:45 AM by WolfDoc » Logged
Hatejacket
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 12:32:57 PM »

How long ago did I say 32? Yeah I'm at 45 now. Hope everyone thinks twice before they cross LMAO
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: