The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 05, 2024, 07:23:48 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Virus and Server Bandwidth  (Read 11295 times)
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 02:42:29 AM »

LOL.  Glitch.  When this round started I snagged every d**ned secret server and kept them filled with my virii for the first month.  I had something like 160 active File Share virii going at all times. As new servers spawned I grabbed them too.  Ask Alpha and Ivan how much of a pain it was to take my servers away, or to get theirs going.

It's true, it's how he got so far ahead in the first place  2
But tbh, start disinfects from every server, multiple amounts per virus, and they wont all get traced and cancelled unless they want to waste silly AP

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 07:06:40 AM »

I was just wondering because if bandwidth is what determines income then what stops me fron installing a .1 baron and just increasing the bandwidth continuously? By the way the conversion  100 BW =  100 HPD per hour is low if people are sharing a server it should be like 100 BW = 500 HPD per hour or more because at least that way the little person that you seem care so much about can at least get more than 1 HPD per hour.

BW would determine maximum amount of HPD the server has to offer.  But the virii would determine maximum amount it could get as well.

a .3 FileShare could still only get 150 HPD per hour, even if the server had 10,000 BW.

This way the BW on servers could increase much more rapidly than they do now, without giving a single player total control of it with just one virii.

In addition, if you were to install a level 30.00 FileShare Virii on a 150 BW server it would fail.  Virii still would be limited based upon the total BW of the server.  So the maximum allowed would be the .3 FileShare.  This would prevent big players from installing a 30.00 FileShare on the server just to get a bigger pie.

Now it would prevent them from installing 30 .3 virii.  But most likely they'd start concentrating on disinfects.

Disinfects: I do agree disinfects should be much quicker.  They also should not return as much income.  I would turn into one player installing a dozen virii on a server and his buddy disinfecting all the virii and earning vast sums of money.

Knock Disinfects down to about 1 hour per .1 for FileShare an 1 hour per 1.0 for adware. 
Reduce their income to 1k per .1 for Fileshare and 1k per 1.0 for adware.

Installing Virii and disinfecting them should cost that much less AP as well.  Right now it is a huge investment to install virii.  Make it less so and make it easier/cheaper to disinfect as well.

That would speed up the game somewhat and give someone with some energy the ability quickly clear out a server and try to cap it for a bit.  It would also allow someone to dump a butt-load of virii on a players server and block their barons.

This game needs more speed!   13

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 11:58:40 AM »

I quite like the idea, but it put me off when i heard it was on slavehack (the #1 googleresult for "hacking game")

I dont want us to become some sort of hybrid rip-off
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 03:43:27 PM by Alpha-9 » Logged

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 12:01:13 PM »

#1?

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Exousia
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 03:10:26 PM »

There should also be a reason not to want to disinfect your own virii. Right now it is much more profitable to install a v0.1 Adware Daemon and then immediately start a disinfect on it. You can collect 50 HPD or whatever in the time it would take that same virus to collect about 3 HPD.
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 04:03:16 PM »

I agree, accepting a disinfect mission for your own or your groups virii should be prevented by the game. 

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »

I was also thinking any server in the same gorup as you should show their group tag in front of its name
[GoS] Red Fortress
for example.

The game should encourage the use of groups as they're especially helpful to newbies, 5 brains are better than 1, as it were...
ya

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 08:50:13 PM »

I was also thinking any server in the same gorup as you should show their group tag in front of its name
[GoS] Red Fortress
for example.

The game should encourage the use of groups as they're especially helpful to newbies, 5 brains are better than 1, as it were...
ya
update

Hatejacket
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 09:11:53 PM »

[GoS] Red Fortress
for example.

ya

I disagree. While it would be useful, that's what we have the Group IP lists for. Not everyone may want to giveaway their server IP's. While group play is encouraged, it's still a dog eat dog world out there.

My suggestion would be as soon as an ip is added to your group list, your group tag is displayed and coloured according to if they are your friend, neutral to you, or your enemy. It's very similar and would serve the same purpose, all you'd have to do is add your IP to the group list and it would be displayed just as you say. Your enemies would also 1
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 10:39:25 PM »

Or how about this.  Have a flag that says your servers can be added to the group list.  This way when you change IP's it updates the group list.

In addition, give the ability to allow other players in your group to have admin access to your server (another flag).  That way you don't have to drop protection, let them crack and then raise it again.

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 03:42:15 AM »

Group IP list is never used, IP changes are far too frequent and it's more hassle.. Needs a add to GroupDb at least...

I didn't say anything about your server IPs being public, just that if you stumble across someone who is in your group's server, you should be able to tell its theirs without having to say scan it or hack it

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 06:18:31 AM »

Group IP list is never used, IP changes are far too frequent and it's more hassle.. Needs a add to GroupDb at least...

I didn't say anything about your server IPs being public, just that if you stumble across someone who is in your group's server, you should be able to tell its theirs without having to say scan it or hack it

Or start some malware overload bombs on it and wait to see if one of your group starts yelling about someone attempting to malware them.

That's always fun 1

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 10:47:48 AM »

but it raises tensions

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »

BrokIronfist told me that you should start of with 40 secret servers and 1 more spawn per day. I said we should have 200 secret servers and 4 spawn per day. Maybe it should be something in between.

Virus disinfecting 1 hour or so per .1 of file share and something like 1 hour per 1.0 of adware.

Virii's income comes from a faction account instead of players. Missions are added to hack player's servers and disinfect virii.

Virii also installs faster at some rate.

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2010, 11:04:26 AM »

BrokIronfist told me that you should start of with 40 secret servers and 1 more spawn per day. I said we should have 200 secret servers and 4 spawn per day. Maybe it should be something in between.
100 and 2 a day?

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: