The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 06, 2024, 09:16:59 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Total Power update  (Read 9041 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 12:07:20 AM »

I think the problem is that the power formula hasn't been edited since research was changed.  It's awarding power for software versions on the same scale it did when it was getting .006 version per hour research when it's only getting .001 now, so the expended HPD from researching is giving more of a decrease in power than the new researches are giving in power boost.

Seems like an easy enough fix to me...

Yes this is correct, the diminishing returns of research are not yet integrated into the power formula. However this should be an easy fix if the version increase is just 0.001 after V10, but that may make software again take too much % of total power.

I am working on a solution to combine the hard and soft so it would not decrease your power when you invest into research.

Thank you.

gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 01:50:28 AM »

although it will be very nice to not deminish your power, I think that software should still make it go up at least a little bit...

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 11:41:02 PM »

Doesn't seem to take the cost of additional servers into account.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2009, 12:01:34 AM »

Um, it should take into account the hardware on the new server when you buy it.
Granted, the hardware is not exactly the cost since the new cost / server goes up each time you get a new one...

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2009, 01:42:52 AM »

Exactly.  Which means those of us who help out others actually will drop in power due to the costs.
Um, it should take into account the hardware on the new server when you buy it.
Granted, the hardware is not exactly the cost since the new cost / server goes up each time you get a new one...

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: