The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 12, 2024, 10:54:32 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Log modifications  (Read 4366 times)
Takoma

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2009, 05:47:35 PM »

I think it would be nice to not let anyone know if any changes were made to the logs.

Like if i deleted a log. And then try to recover, it would say use a higher version.

Now if it was not modified, it would say it was not modified. Why not make it that if you don't have a high enough version, say no changes were found. And do the same thing as it was not modified. That would just make a person more determined if it was modified...
ivandrago
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 09:50:43 AM »

Agreed !  1
Exousia
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 04:02:39 PM »

That would make more sense, but I would miss being able to use a v0.1 log undeleter to tell if I've been hacked.  laugh
Takoma

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 12:57:56 PM »

I think the better idea would be to make a self-note about the last log entry on your system. That's how I would know if any new logs were formed if the date has been changed.
Exousia
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 04:05:54 PM »

I think the better idea would be to make a self-note about the last log entry on your system. That's how I would know if any new logs were formed if the date has been changed.

Very true. I do this as well. Your suggestion makes sense and I agree with it, don't get me wrong.  5
Takoma

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 04:45:15 PM »

Lol, i played uplink, so that's how I know logs are important. But I am still not used to my tasks showing which ip it goes to....
Exousia
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 06:09:37 PM »

There's been a lot of debate about task hiding and no decision made as of yet, so they've remained fully visible. Lots of suggestions to hide them but no agreement as to how that would work and how to counter it appropriately.
Takoma

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 10:10:32 AM »

do what you do about hiding and unhiding files. But the level of the hider would determine how hidden it would be. Like, it could be just hiding the ip. Or even hiding the process, leaving a "unknown process" on the task manager. And unhiding is the same, but it takes AP to unhide. Like logs. But this is all heresay.
Exousia
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 02:51:10 PM »

I see, so you're suggesting that the process masking can be broken down into degrees depending on the level of the process hider versus the level of the process unhider or solely depending on the hider.

We keep this up, I may have to move this part of this thread to the other thread you made just for the sake of relevance.  laugh

Anyway, this train of thought interests me.
Takoma

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 01:15:16 PM »

It depends on both. The level of the hider determines how well it's hidden. The unhider determines if it can recover the hidden process.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: