The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 01, 2024, 10:08:36 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Malware Logic Bombs affect installed virii  (Read 6629 times)
Hatejacket
« on: June 28, 2010, 05:45:16 AM »

We need a way to attack Malware farms that are increasingly prevalent other than a long disinfect. Aside from this, Logic Bombs are really underpowered and this would balance them out to the same level/just under overload bombs.

As it currently stands there's no use at all in attacking a malware server with logic bombs. You can overload bomb them, but their malware is still just as good, and disinfects take way too long.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 09:11:05 AM »

I don't think it'd work with barons when they're the way they are, 500 hour install time for it to be nuked to 0.1 in an hour, I don't think so.

Hatejacket
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 09:55:14 AM »

Protect your barons better? Give Barons a lower malware effect?

It's not them I'm even thinking about. Most barons are 0.1 anyways, on top of the fact that 0.1 is still a good chunk of HPD.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 09:57:53 AM by Hatejacket » Logged
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 10:39:20 AM »

how about logic atatchees and logic target

the atatchee sticks itself to one file , unnoticeable until the program is run, then it blows the program down 33.3% every 5 minutes.(found in download, attaches to a new program every 5 minute blow time when running)

the target is a normal logic w/ 20% less power because you set it to attack a specific type of software

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 10:43:46 AM »

I don't think it'd work with barons when they're the way they are, 500 hour install time for it to be nuked to 0.1 in an hour, I don't think so.

I think it's time to reduce baron install times.

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 12:34:28 PM »

If they didn't affect the baron then i'd say its a good idea, malware versus malware.

could tie in with bandwidthless barons  21

Hatejacket
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 02:14:06 AM »

The more I think about this, the more I agree with Alpha.

Say Malware has a special line of code that makes it attack other installed Malware...

Or perhaps a third malware that attacks other malware..
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 10:48:35 AM »

The more I think about this, the more I agree with Alpha.

Say Malware has a special line of code that makes it attack other installed Malware...

Or perhaps a third malware that attacks other malware..
how about logic atatchees and logic target

the atatchee sticks itself to one file , unnoticeable until the program is run, then it blows the program down 33.3% every 5 minutes.(found in download, attaches to a new program every 5 minute blow time when running)

the target is a normal logic w/ 20% less power because you set it to attack a specific type of software

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 03:58:59 PM »

It's be nice to be able to focus all malware damage onto a certain hardware piece (HDD, BW, etc) and have it do more damage than it would attacking the whole thing... Think of urinating into 4 bottles and urinating into one, you'll only fill all 4 a bit, but you can fill one bottle all the way to the top.

Man i'm bad at analogies...

(changed the word piss to urinate to keep the mods happy  14 )

I don't worry too much about piss or ass, but that's just my personal preference. -Ex
I worry about piss every night, wet sheets :(  - A9
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 07:18:36 AM by Alpha-9 » Logged

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 07:01:39 PM »

That would be wicked Alpha.  It really sucks when they got like 5 CPU, 5 memory, 5 hd (you get the point) and 50,000 BW and you are only damaging the BW anyways....

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 04:43:40 AM »

I'd actually like this for a couple of reasons, one is so that it's possible to attack one's self to say, lower the bandwidth of a server

I dont see why you can't anyway as you're just destroying power/hpd really  19

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 06:31:00 AM »

I think it was asked before to allow us to uninstall a certain amount of hardware.

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 07:17:33 AM »

Transfer hardware parts onto other gateways? Sounds good, and its realistic  5

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 04:19:08 PM »

I accidentally bought 9999 BW awhile back.  Was going to buy memory, but got BW.

I didn't want the bandwidth on that server.  I had it all nice and tied up, nobody could download anything.

I swear, within minutes of me buying the bandwidth someone hacked in and started downloading something of that server.

I swear, Alpha does that all the time to me.  Complete research, Alpha logs in, buy BW Alpha logs in. 

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 04:30:10 PM »

Haha, I bide my time and wait for the perfect moment  19
I remember that distinctly though, i thought LOL why is there so much BW here? Free files wahoo!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: