The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 03, 2024, 09:18:05 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: I'm bored.  (Read 13539 times)
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 07:27:55 PM »

death  I just got a toehold in this game!
I have so much to do!  10

rip2 It'll be a real downer  13
RavenXP

rgongora2002@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 08:07:45 PM »

To RavenXP: If you had the power, you'd be doing the exact same thing.

Yes perhaps, but then as you have told a lot of times, it gets very boring when you're at the top.
You have no competition. Unlike us in the middle, we get hunted a lot of times so we learn to hide.

You make some good points, but I dont think anything needs to be nerfed. In fact I think some things need to be brought back to life. And a reset would do this.

How about place the nerfs in another world? HP world 2?
Not everyone would like resets so let's move the changes to another world and be competitive again, hacking each other to get those rare 1k missions just like before?  laugh
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 08:22:49 PM »

I think the major problem is the way the secret servers are designed.

Think about it.  they are approaching 3.0 protects now.  If what SE said is true then there is literally 1 secret per 9 players at this point.

That means VERY little interaction or competition.

That is one of the reasons I had hoped Sir Emi would have taken the old SGP suggestion about letting the existing servers become more powerful as time goes.  If that had happened back at 400 secret servers then we would have a great deal more interaction and a lot more competition.

And I believe you can all admit that I have tried time and time again just like a few others to make the game more interesting for the upper ranks.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
RavenXP

rgongora2002@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 08:47:32 PM »

So there's abundant source of secret servers but less interaction. You are right there.
What if there's only around 50 secret servers? That would be a definite fight for resources.

But all the secret servers are almost owned by top 20 players and the new players are afraid to take them because they are not yet capable to invade those servers because of fear. Now VI appears and suddenly everyone is afraid to use Virus Breaker for their identity to be revealed.  14
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 09:02:31 PM »

I took down the SGP claims list some time ago.  Not because off the number of servers but simply because of the change in SGP's tactics.

In fact the only ones "claiming" servers are Jake and ummm Jake.  I don't even think TNW is claiming servers anymore and I know EoD never did a server claim thread over at the SGP forums.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 09:18:42 PM »

TNW has never claimed servers.  I know that I "claim" servers such as, hey some douche av'd one of "my" farms, but we've never had a listing of servers we claimed as our own.

Anywhere you see a "TNW Claimed Server" sniffer, that is RavenXP, and I've been exterminating those with extreme prejudice.

Although I agree fewer servers would be more interesting, just look at the public servers.  Would you like every server in the game to look like that?  Especially with the AP system, people would just be throwing their AP into disinfecting and reinfecting until they couldn't do anything else. 

I still think a skill system would be a good start, that way people can start to see benefits from actions they perform in game.  Gain skill in cracking, infecting, and such and maybe you speed up your installs or cracks a little bit, or maybe you slightly decrease your overload cost or increase your HPD per bw ratio.  Stuff like that. 

Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 09:27:53 PM »

If you did that, you could make it as:
you have x VI skill
you can decrease VI time by x%/xsec/xmin by expending xAP and/or xHPD
RavenXP

rgongora2002@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 09:33:33 PM »

Anywhere you see a "TNW Claimed Server" sniffer, that is RavenXP, and I've been exterminating those with extreme prejudice.

Awwww bad VI update bad VI update bad VI update bad VI update bad VI update.  13
I used it to track Riolic. Now thanks to VI I realized its not Riolic that I should track but Neo.

Although I agree fewer servers would be more interesting, just look at the public servers.  Would you like every server in the game to look like that?  Especially with the AP system, people would just be throwing their AP into disinfecting and reinfecting until they couldn't do anything else.

How about if we nuke 90% of the servers? And disinfect all virii inside after nuking them so nobody could use it.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 09:45:11 PM »

Awwww bad VI update bad VI update bad VI update bad VI update bad VI update.  13
I used it to track Riolic. Now thanks to VI I realized its not Riolic that I should track but Neo.

How about if we nuke 90% of the servers? And disinfect all virii inside after nuking them so nobody could use it.

Magna Carta has already been doing that.  He is the one that has been nuking Secret Servers back to beginner stats.  I have caught him multiple times as have others from SGP and TnW who have been investigating it.  He was going to be the first target of the Tsar project but now we got a new target /evilgrin

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 09:55:51 PM »

If you did that, you could make it as:
you have x VI skill
you can decrease VI time by x%/xsec/xmin by expending xAP and/or xHPD

I was thinking more of a passive deal.

You have X cracking skill, which decreases your cracking time by a fraction proportional to X, or decrease your cracker resource requirement and/or overload resources by a fraction proportional to X.  You would probably choose one (speedy cracking or easy cracking or such and such), and decreases wouldn't be -huge- but definitely noticeable.  Then, for every second you spend running a crack you gain some skill based on the level of the protect you are cracking.  That means people with speedy cracking would get maybe a little less but they could run more cracks in a given time, while easy cracking people could run more parallel cracks (if they knew how to do it).  Would require some balancing and such but it could definitely make everything much more interesting.  (Maybe data hijack skill could decrease the level of encryption on the captured file, or completely remove it at a certain point making the virus actually almost useful)

Maybe someone is so good with sniffer virii that they have an invisible sniffer virii installed on their gateway, the running process of which is hidden unless you run a high enough unhider.  That could be some sort of epic skill that you need to get to a certain research point and skill on a file, then maybe do some training (like researching a file) and you get some sort of bonus or ability.

I know that this would be a ton of work to implement since it would require almost every portion of the game to be reworked, but hey, just my 2 cents.

Last time that happened Emi just reset all of them I believe  14

RavenXP

rgongora2002@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 09:58:09 PM »

Magna Carta has already been doing that.  He is the one that has been nuking Secret Servers back to beginner stats.  I have caught him multiple times as have others from SGP and TnW who have been investigating it.  He was going to be the first target of the Tsar project but now we got a new target /evilgrin

Awww that won't fit to my servers, and it will take time for you to transfer that big file with my 5kbps bandwidths. 5
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 10:00:41 PM »

You have 5kbs?!  13
Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 10:06:31 PM »

If what SE said is true then there is literally 1 secret per 9 players at this point.

With the fact that only 1 for every 20 players still play, so its more like 2 secret servers per player. I like the idea of nuking the servers. Also Emi had stopped the advertisment of this game. Round one is a test on how the game works, Emi is just testing this for the way we like the game, what he will do to improve it next round, how we react to him. I think that this round is only a BETA version of the game. I think Emi has a whole list of updates and addons that he will but into play once the serevr restarts. I personaly think there should be another server (world 2, like HJ suggested). That way he can start getting new members to play, more PvP, more programs, new updates, and our ideas that we give actualy get put into the game. All that and this round doesnt get restarted.

Xirad

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 10:50:38 PM »

Well, I suppose I will add my 2 cents, if it's even worth 2 cents, lol.

Even if we reset this server, it would only change things for awhile. The people and groups that got to the top ten got there because of the tactics they used. Ruthless tactics(in some cases), lol, but very effective. So yea, it would make it even, and there may be a few close runners for the top ten. But ultimately it would probably be the same people at the top in a month.

However I do like ^'s idea.

Hmm....
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 11:09:56 PM »

Awww that won't fit to my servers, and it will take time for you to transfer that big file with my 5kbps bandwidths. 5

That's alright.  The Tsar project needs not your bandwidth with which to hurt you.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: