The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 06, 2024, 06:35:56 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Virus Breaker now available  (Read 14798 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 12, 2008, 06:18:19 PM »

- a tool to capture an active virus, taking complete control of the installed virus

- once capture process is completed, the owner of the virus losses control in favor of the new owner. Active time is reset to 0. Logs are NOT deleted and can be accessed by the new owner.

- only the ownership of the installed virus is transfered

- minimum time for capture is 75 seconds per 1 Megabyte. If virus version is higher then Virus Breaker version, capture modifier comes into play: captureModifier = 1 + virusVersion - breakerVersion; Modifier is then multiplied by the default time to determine the new time. Time for capture can not go below default time (75 sec for each 1 Mb). What this means is if the Breaker version is equal or more then the virus version you get the best time (75 for 1 Mb), if the virus is higher you get increasingly worse time.

- at 0.1 version the Virus Breaker uses 300 CPU / 11000 RAM

- Virus Breaker can be downloaded on True Light starter server FTP and can also be found in missions.

- can only be used from owned gateway by owner, you can't upload and use on remote server.

- launch process as remote or localhost to begin a capture process. The process does not have any effect on the target virus up until the capture is complete, at witch time virus ownership is transfered. Previous owner gets a notification of lost connection with virus.

- on capture, active timer for collection is reset and Spyware captured amount is also reset.

- does not take into account if the virus is hidden or encrypted, given the time it will capture it regardless.

- can re-activate dead and installed virus
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 06:23:58 PM by siremi » Logged

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 07:01:16 PM »

YEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 08:02:55 PM »

Some of us were talking about this in IRC and a very good thought came up.

Is it possible to hack the initiators server and kill the process?

If so then this gives an undo advantage to the top players since they can not be hacked currently.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 08:07:25 PM »

It works like the anti-virus but captures the virus instead of disinfect, so yes it's possible to stop the process if you hack the initiator, just like you do on the remote anti-virus.

Of course the top players will have the advantage (big version virii and the power to make order), but the smaller players will adapt and hide behind the IP change. So it will cost the small players more to hide but it will be such fun to steal from the big boys and give to the poor  laugh

Besides, the big players already infected most of the servers, so they won't notice a few virii going rebel here and there will they?  17
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 08:09:30 PM by siremi » Logged

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 08:10:14 PM »

YEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol someones happy

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 10:28:08 PM »

lol someones happy

yes, yes i am, because i have a good target already, part of the reason for auto collect :P

RavenXP

rgongora2002@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 10:38:38 PM »

Wow, after a few hours, there's a lot of capture attempts now on Secret Servers . 5
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 03:25:35 AM »

I like the virus breaker but could you cause the IP change to kill these processes? It's not fair, it takes ages to upload viruses and can easily make over 1000 hpd by the time you recapture it..

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 04:06:58 AM »

Welp after some figuring....

To capture a 1gb virus you are looking at just under 21 hours.  I think Disinfect is a lot faster isn't it?

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 04:13:03 AM »

Any chance of making Virus Break act like AV's in only using as much resource as is needed to optimally capture a virus?

I mean since having a higher level Break does nothing to shorten the capture time below the base 75 seconds per mb.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 11:09:04 AM »

Any chance of making Virus Break act like AV's in only using as much resource as is needed to optimally capture a virus?

I mean since having a higher level Break does nothing to shorten the capture time below the base 75 seconds per mb.

agreed >.>

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 12:20:43 PM »

Update:

- if virus breaker version is above the virus version to be captured, the Breaker uses resources compared to virus version
- if the Breaker version is lower, it uses maximum resources it can use depending on the version

- fixed a possible bug where the capture process of an inactive virus would duplicate the virus process

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 07:13:13 PM »

Anyway to update it so it shows Virii we own?  With this new software it makes it very hard to tell which virii you own or don't own anymore.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 07:21:46 PM »

Anyway to update it so it shows Virii we own?  With this new software it makes it very hard to tell which virii you own or don't own anymore.

yes working on something to show the owned virii in the Running Software...

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 12:07:17 AM »

- does not take into account if the virus is hidden or encrypted, given the time it will capture it regardless.

Uh does this mean that even if the virii is hidden PRIOR to the capture attempt the Virus Breaker will still see it?

I ask because that is how it is right now.  A virus hidden with a 2.0 hider is still seen by the Virus Breaker and can be captured.

If that is true then Hide/Unhide is now effectively useless much like Encrypt is.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: