The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 02, 2024, 08:16:50 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Official Discussion of Tournament Concept  (Read 4492 times)
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« on: October 25, 2008, 05:06:22 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is a continuation of the discussion on the official forum. The current ideas are as follows:

The tournament server/contest will have a set regulation of server hardware. Possibly a min and max of server hardware. There will be a process/file on each contestants server that stopped the owner from killing an upload or download except from the remote server. The amount of bandwidth that each download and upload will be determined by the amount of people in each contest. Each league will have their own requirements. The higher level of the league the higher level of files and hardware maximums.

Each player will have 1 server to test their tactics out in. The other will be their entrance server. On the test server there is no rules. The test server can only access certified download servers. The entrance server will be allowed to upgrade. For every contest won you have the chance to enter the next league which will have higher minimums and maximums. As you progress up the ranks it will take more and more wins to advance. On your test server you can research files to aid you in your tactics. You can only use the file version that your current league allows.

The rough ideas of rules are as follows:

1) You can only have between a certain amount of hardware specs to participate in the contest.
2) You can only run x amount of programs at a time (possibly 5)
3) You can only run 1 instance of each program.
4) You can have as many uploads and downloads as your bandwidth allows.

Any breaking of these rules will cause 1) a warning, 2) a week suspension, 3) a month suspension, 4) Permanent Ban.

UPDATE:I cannot obtain the source code due to the copyright. SirEmi has offered to help us as long as we have an adequate outline with calculations and everything. I am currently working hard to get these set up. Once the System Lock is uploaded, it cannot be deleted. Once System Lock is activated, you lose. You will have to wait untill the round is over before you can do anything on your competition server. I will also implement System Guard, that program will stop System Lock from being activated. System Guard will have half the activation time as System Lock, but you have to download it. In order to get rid of System Guard, you have to run an anti-spyware that is twice the System Guard level.

This is up for suggestion. I will update it every time there is an agreed change.

Ebolla>   Ebolla: No problem. Replied
   <JGreenThumb>   Ebolla: You Ebolla:'ed :P
Thek3mp
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 05:12:33 PM »

if this is a concept, it means its an idea. doesnt that mean it should be in the suggestion forum?
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 05:19:45 PM »

No, this I don't believe should be added into the current Hacker-Project world. I think it should be a separate world, or be a separate thing that you can buy into.

Thek3mp
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 05:25:23 PM »

either way doesnt it make it a suggestion?
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 05:27:11 PM »

Alright Kemp... You win

SirEmi, can you please move this to the suggestions?

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 05:28:29 PM »

The tournament server idea is known to me from my previous experience.

I have been trying to outline possible uses for this idea in the other games I created but could not find the required player support to open the tournament server, however it is a definite possibility for the future. The tournament server should definitely have prizes and most of all fierce competition in order to work.

Thek3mp
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 05:34:43 PM »

yay i won something, and i agree i would love to participate if the tournys arent so long, (couple weeks few months tops?)and a quick response from emi aswell.
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 05:40:39 PM »

SirEmi,
I would be interested in developing this. If you could email me a rough outline for creating the 2 programs I told you about. I would like to go into detail with you about this.

Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 08:10:19 PM »

I think systemlock would be a good implement for the game in general. *yay, green endorsed my idea!* It would make virii uploading a bit more interesting for me anyway  16
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: