The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 04, 2024, 09:29:07 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: over powered newbie protection  (Read 8906 times)
Noseedam

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2008, 01:12:37 AM »

this would more fall under complaints, but o well, look at this

Trying to hide file...
 This player is under newbie protection!

Files / Programs    ALL FW PSW VIR AV ETC
Action    #ID    Type    Name    Version    Size
Run    Hide    Encrypt
Download    Public    Delete
   76000    Firewall Protect    Wall of Force    0.5    37.50 Mb
Run    Hide    Encrypt
   68621    Firewall Protect    Basic Firewall Protect    0.23    17.25 Mb
Run    Hide    Encrypt
   70239    Firewall Bypass    Special Firewall Bypass    0.20215    75.81 Mb
Run    Hide    Encrypt
   74716    Password Protect    Magic Barrier    0.628    53.36 Mb
Run    Hide    Encrypt
   68715    Password Protect    Basic Password Protect    0.23    19.54 Mb
Run    Hide    Encrypt
   44027    Password Break    Basic Password Break    0.1    84.96 Mb
Run    Hide    Encrypt
   77639    Password BreakImproved Password Break     0.2     169.92 Mb
Run    Hide    Encrypt
   74354    Unhide Files    Advanced Unhide Files    0.3    600.00 Mb
Install    Hide    Encrypt
   53140    SpyWare    Basic SpyWare [Virii]    0.1    50.00 Mb
Install    Hide    Encrypt
   67187    Adware Spam Daemon    DOOMSDAY [Virii]    0.124    124.00 Mb
Run AV    Hide    Encrypt
   46960    Adware Anti-Virus    The Cure [AV]    0.106    184.67 Mb
Run AV    Hide    Encrypt
   52267    File Share Anti-Virus    Basic File Share Anti-Virus [AV]    0.1    1.00 Gb
Run    Hide    Encrypt
   64417    IP Cloaker    Basic IP Cloaker    0.1    151.17 Mb
Run    Hide    Encrypt
   62481    Log Deleter    Special Log Deleter    0.12379    6.19 Mb
Run    Hide    Encrypt
   70871    Log UnDeleter    Special Log UnDeleter    0.56942    85.41 Mb
Capture    Hide    Encrypt
   65644    Virus Breaker    Basic Virus Breaker    0.1    174.22 Mb

and i can't hide his log undeleter.............. or his unhider, how does this work??? look at his stuff!!!!!!! how can that be considered newbie???? newbie needs to also be proportional to software as well as hardware...............

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
RavenXP

rgongora2002@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 03:50:47 AM »

and i can't hide his log undeleter.............. or his unhider, how does this work??? look at his stuff!!!!!!! how can that be considered newbie???? newbie needs to also be proportional to software as well as hardware...............

I think newbie protection should be removed when he reached certain power level, same computation used from Top Rankings.
HJ®
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 04:02:45 AM »

I think you should be concerned with other forms of protection, Nos...
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 05:08:21 AM »

Like I have already said.  New Player protection should be 1 week tops
If they can't do anything after 1 week they are probably going to quit anyways

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 11:12:50 AM »

i prefer stealth........ however i do not always have that luxury, and so i have good firewalls, and i always leave them running, with the problem being that i knew perfectly well those in top 20 can still crack me

Nelander

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 11:32:45 AM »

I think one week is too little if we are going to have timed protection I would say 2 weeks.

looking at the information I would say that person is indeed a newbie but a borderline case.

The protections firewall 0.50 and password 0.62 running both at the same time would require 870 cpu. a gateway under newbie protection cant have more than 1050 cpu that leaves  180 free so he can have 1 delete mission or try to run one of his other programs. anyway all newbs can get at least a 0.67 from a secret server, my guess he only uses the prot when is logs at night with no del process running.

What I would like to know is how he got a named 0.5 firewall. only way I can think is buying/downloading a 0.2 and researching 50 hours.

the 0.2 password breaker and bypass are not that high. and i wouldnt say having them makes you not a newbie.

The unhide is obviously bought and 0.3 its bordeline newbie. And considering the use he have for it I am calling it a newbie mistake, he could have found better use for the hpd.

The log undeleter is the only piece of software that i would say its not newbie, my guess he found it on a the secret server he got the 0.23 protection. but just having one semi nice peace of software doesnt make you a newbie in my book.

he would have trouble running his .2 software and maybe 3 or 4 missions assuming he has the max 1050 cpu you didnt show what he has under the hood.

My guess this person is only a couple of days old. he probably donated betewn 15 to 20 dollars for hpd and bough some software.

My question is why would you want to hide his unhider and unlog? what did he did to you? how is he a threat to you? just making life difficult for new players without any gain to you is one of the reasons ap and newbie protection were created on the first place.

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 11:39:34 AM »

i got cracked last night, and i also noted that my unhider, while intact, doesn't show ANY f my stuff, and my log deleter (0.5?) was below his undeleter,and so he had my i.p................... (rather, my bounce server, which isn't as defended as main proxy, or my server, but overclock works too............ and you can shut down protects and break, then kill bypass and reactivate them

Nelander

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 12:04:13 PM »

I am not enterily clear what was cracked your bounce server or your gateway, if bounce why wouldnt you unhide be intact and what could you posible have in a bounce server anyway (aside the firewall and password protect).

Its my understanding (but i am not 100% sure) that overloading gives you a 33% increase. He can only overload his 0.2 x2 since an x3 or more would require more cpu that newbie proteccion allows. That means 0.266 so I cant think you are surprised people can crack that, even newer people.

Actually i am not even sure he can overload his bypass and password breaker at the same time. I think a 0.2 bypass needs 160 cpu and a 0.2 password breaker 400 cpu thats 560, for overloading x2  you need 1120 cpu thats more than newbie protection. (I admit i am not 100% sure about this numbers but they feel right)

I guess its posible he has a 0.3 or lower hider already hided. and I admint thats not very newbish but hardly what you would call advanced sutff.

I am not against newbie protection to also check for software levels. but again in my opinion 0.2 its not hat high specially if bought since it means he is only a few days old.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 12:47:16 PM »

my hide stuff sucks, and my unhider doesn't match required strength, and only way to trace me is to get through my proxies

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 03:10:52 PM »

like Nelander said, good comments.

That's a true newbie right there, you can see it in the files, don't mess with the newbie that's what the protection is all about.

I'm sure if you check with him in 1-2 days...  laugh

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 01:56:34 AM »

it's kindacrappy not being able to do anything to someone else while they're able to waltz into your server and kill you........

HJ®
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 02:01:21 AM »

wounded1
nervous1
puppyeyes
crybaby
death
rip2
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 11:22:09 AM »

I think one week is too little if we are going to have timed protection I would say 2 weeks.

looking at the information I would say that person is indeed a newbie but a borderline case.

The protections firewall 0.50 and password 0.62 running both at the same time would require 870 cpu. a gateway under newbie protection cant have more than 1050 cpu that leaves  180 free so he can have 1 delete mission or try to run one of his other programs. anyway all newbs can get at least a 0.67 from a secret server, my guess he only uses the prot when is logs at night with no del process running.

What I would like to know is how he got a named 0.5 firewall. only way I can think is buying/downloading a 0.2 and researching 50 hours.

the 0.2 password breaker and bypass are not that high. and i wouldnt say having them makes you not a newbie.

The unhide is obviously bought and 0.3 its bordeline newbie. And considering the use he have for it I am calling it a newbie mistake, he could have found better use for the hpd.

The log undeleter is the only piece of software that i would say its not newbie, my guess he found it on a the secret server he got the 0.23 protection. but just having one semi nice peace of software doesnt make you a newbie in my book.

he would have trouble running his .2 software and maybe 3 or 4 missions assuming he has the max 1050 cpu you didnt show what he has under the hood.

My guess this person is only a couple of days old. he probably donated betewn 15 to 20 dollars for hpd and bough some software.

My question is why would you want to hide his unhider and unlog? what did he did to you? how is he a threat to you? just making life difficult for new players without any gain to you is one of the reasons ap and newbie protection were created on the first place.

FYI .62+ protects are available for Public FTP downloads now.  So it wouldn't be that hard for him to get those however they are researched since they are not the default names. But he could have gotten lucky and gotten one that allowed an even number.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
jem6502

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 03:10:41 AM »

two suggestions

one- if a player is under newbie protection DON'T let the software dealer sell his IP (thereby wasting my HPD)

two- if a player under newbie protection cracks anything other than a public server they lose newbie protection (perhaps warn them first)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 03:13:34 AM by jem6502 » Logged
mr_zoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 10:46:50 AM »

two suggestions

one- if a player is under newbie protection DON'T let the software dealer sell his IP (thereby wasting my HPD)

two- if a player under newbie protection cracks anything other than a public server they lose newbie protection (perhaps warn them first)

this is the best suggestion out of the whole thread
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: