The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 03, 2024, 08:22:26 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Recover Codes Missions Log Deleter Version (Not really a bug...)  (Read 8134 times)
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2009, 01:13:10 AM »

As the title says, it's not really a bug, but more like someone deliberately screwing up other people's game, read on...

Code:
- reports indicate log is modified with Log Deleter V 8.36836
And i have so far seen about 6 with that exact same version.

Now what is that all about? How are the new-starters supposed to do these missions now?

SirEmi: May i suggest we make the logs used for these missions un-modifiable until completed, so that you cannot go over it with another deleter, until the mission has been completed.

I choose that method because an IP may appear in the log that someone doesn't want in the open, so by allowing modification AFTER the mission is completed, no-one can complain if their IP shows up in the log, just delete it again 19

Exousia
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 01:24:21 AM »

I think this came up before and Emi basically said it was a legitimate tactic. I'll try to find the link. Maybe it's in the staff area....
ivandrago
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 01:50:19 AM »

It's me .... sometimes I accidentally press modify instead of recover in my hurry to do the log recovery missions.  6
So it's surely not intentional.
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 02:18:43 AM »

Ivan needs more practice /lol
I don't mind as much now, since it is legitimate mistake, and believe me, i know what it's like, done it a few times myself  laugh

I dont understand how it could be used as a tactic though, by modifying the logs intentionally you are only hurting yourself, and it isn't feasible to do an adversary's faction's logs, as you don't know what missions they are doing, if any.

I stand by my previous suggestion though, i'm just thinking of the new players who aren't as fast to get going as us 'old timers' hehe laugh

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 04:48:50 AM »

I think this came up before and Emi basically said it was a legitimate tactic. I'll try to find the link. Maybe it's in the staff area....

i found it for you

Quote from: Triadian
emi are there any safeguards in place for the following situation ?

i log into 1.1.1.1 as part of a normal mission
i see a empty log - so i undelete it
i see it contains a access code - so i delete it again

original level was 0.7
but i just deleted it with a v88

will the mission person have to use a v0.7 or a v88 to undelete it ?

Quote from: SirEmi
If you do this, then the log now has a V 88 protection and mission becomes harder.

But the mission will expire in 2 days so you just lost 2 AP...
Exousia
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 05:41:59 AM »

Ah, yes, thank you, Tri.
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 07:04:09 AM »

It becomes harder, yes, but you don't get any more HPD or AP for the increase in difficulty /lol

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 08:29:59 AM »

It becomes harder, yes, but you don't get any more HPD or AP for the increase in difficulty /lol

lifes a b.... then you marry one :P

Eledran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 10:38:54 AM »

I choose that method because an IP may appear in the log that someone doesn't want in the open, so by allowing modification AFTER the mission is completed, no-one can complain if their IP shows up in the log, just delete it again 19

ermm... dama, those logs do NOT longer contain any IP adress. keep an eye at the news corner 12
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 12:10:18 PM »

ermm... dama, those logs do NOT longer contain any IP adress. keep an eye at the news corner 12
Erm...dont do many recover codes missions do you, not that it even matters, it's beside the point laugh

lifes a b.... then you marry one :P
Tell me about it, hehe....glad she doesn't read these forums laugh

(actually im not married, but i may aswell be 19)

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 10:27:47 AM »

I had about 5 ruined(sabotaged?!) by a log deleter V15, count your blessings  13

ivandrago
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 11:51:09 AM »

Not me this time ... I have v26 logdeleter now  19
xtrapas

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 10:53:09 AM »

your ip please?
Exousia
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 03:15:07 PM »

your ip please?

Why are we asking for IPs on the forum?  bodyguard
ivandrago
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 05:30:34 PM »

your ip please?

It's up to v38 now, but you wouldn't be able to get it even if I handed you my IP. My research server doesn't have any bandwidth available.  17
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 05:35:34 PM by ivandrago » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: