The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 08, 2024, 08:07:57 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Change's to research  (Read 2699 times)
PlyPencil

156 colemansystems@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 21, 2008, 07:43:00 AM »

Part A
As it is now you can research for 100 hours and the resource costs will stay the same, so e.g 50 cpu 1mb memory.

Depending on the start version depends on the amount it costs. I suggest that every hour of research the costs will increase. But will increase 0.06 an hour for version but 0.03 an hour costs.

Safety caps (For Sir Emi)
You need to use an algorithm which will work out the END resource cost, if the END resource cost is not available an error will be thrown saying not enough CPU or not enough memory. Every hour it will check if the next 5 hours of resources are free, if no a warning will be received.

Part B
100 HPD an hour, or 80 if your a gold member. You can do a series of 1 research to total 100, or 1 bulk of 100 hours which will both cost the same. I suggest that every the longer you research for in 1 task the more of a discount you will receive. I tried to think of a formula for this but could not.

Humans make mistakes, that's why they put erasers on the end of pencils.
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 01:18:15 PM »

Sorry, Ply, but I'm gonna have to shoot this idea down. Right now, there is a balance in research; you can either research at low cost, or you can actually have use of the higher level program. If I research AV for 100 hours, I will have my low version AV for all of them; if I research it for 50, I can use it during the later 50, at the cost of more resources.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 02:14:03 PM »

Sorry, Ply, but I'm gonna have to shoot this idea down. Right now, there is a balance in research; you can either research at low cost, or you can actually have use of the higher level program. If I research AV for 100 hours, I will have my low version AV for all of them; if I research it for 50, I can use it during the later 50, at the cost of more resources.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

There is no balance except by the HPD Cost.  I played around checking a few things out and if I had the HPD Income I could create a V 18K+ program in 92 days with a milestone every single day.

I do think there should be an increased cost the higher a program goes but that would create a lot of excess server load on the back end as it calculates every single research and looking at what it's level will be when done, if there is any other research affecting the same file, etc.

However SGP has suggested similar things in the past only to have them shot down.  This was anyone one of the ways to slow down the progression in the game.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
PlyPencil

156 colemansystems@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 02:59:12 PM »

Hey dont be sorry if you shoot the idea down, its up for debate for a reason, you say what you thinks bad and good about it.

Its all part of suggestions, and your point is valid

Humans make mistakes, that's why they put erasers on the end of pencils.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: