The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 16, 2024, 06:23:19 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Messages  (Read 2281 times)
Donn

View Profile Email
« on: August 09, 2008, 10:45:23 AM »

Hello all,

I was wondering if I was the only one who gets irritated by the current message system.
I'd like to see what my previous message was.
Sometimes I write a message but the other guy answers me a day later with something like "dont worry bout it" but to be honest, a day later I dont know anymore what I wrote to the guy.
Especially when you start messaging with multiple people or with the same person bout different things, I can become quite confusing.

Grts

Edit: I just realized that sometimes you do see the previous message and sometimes you dont.. How come?

Edit2: Perhaps an inbox/outbox system would be nice no?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 11:49:29 AM by Donn » Logged
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 05:00:45 AM »

The message system in this game is very simple and not very good in storing wanted messages or contacts. A system similar to that in AstroEmpire would be to prefer where you have inbox, outbox, saved messages and contacts. AE does also have a feature making it able to save notes.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
RaiseCain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 07:56:13 AM »

Edit: I just realized that sometimes you do see the previous message and sometimes you dont.. How come?

This depends on the user sending the message, if he choses reply you will see the message he replied to (your original message). But when he uses the send message button no previous message would show up.

The battles of the skilled are without extraordinary victory, without reputation for wisdom and without merit for courage.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: