The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 15, 2024, 10:34:20 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: NPC Server Artificial Inteligence  (Read 4283 times)
Thek3mp
« on: October 19, 2008, 06:18:10 PM »

well just a rough idea i thought up when viriing.

If there was a lot more secret servers (which there should be so its harder for large corporations to monopolize the market) there should be some sort of hints or something leading to different servers (please.. im not referring to slavehack or trying to make hp like slavheack....) but it seems a bit lame the only way we can access secret servers is if somebody buys the ip or somebody bounces through one and you spot it.(and missions thanks seb)

for example some servers could operate there own virus disinfection(low lvls only) on other servers.. essentially leaving their ip for somebody to pick up, or secret servers could transfer softwares between each other (npc self advancement? so some servers get better with the growing software lvls and hardware capabilities of some of the stronger players)

There wouldnt be any cross faction interacaction, or would there? hakuza could plant a virus on truelight and earn money for hakuza making their hardware better OR increase there shares (referance to one of EMI's ideas).

it wouldnt be rapid interaction, maybe some things happening daily?.. weekly? or even monthly to limit access to a mass amount of servers.

also some ips shouldnt be able to be bought from the dealer, this stops people just starting with one ip file sharing it and continually doing this to infinium.

also, how about secret server auto generation? maybe weekly a random number of secret servers (between 1-10?) would be added to the games infastructure, which brings me to another idea. closed networks, essentially theres a server behind another server, this could be another tab on the running software tabset. this server cant be accessedwithout connecting to its said proxy first, it would have seperate hardware but shares the same bandwidth, so the proxy could be sued for firewalls and the inner server could be used for research, which also furthers the factions advancement software wise which would lead to more transferring between servers and more "trails"

comments and constructive criticism welcome,

and pardom my lack of grammar this was made at like 00:15 on a schoolnight  17

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 03:10:24 AM by Thek3mp » Logged
Exousia
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 07:40:48 PM »

AI is among the more complicated things to program, but something simple or a mock-AI could be built up. It depends on how SirEmi structured the game on a code level. This may be a long time in coming, if it does, but it's not a bad idea.

I'm generally opposed to IP purchase and would welcome alternatives.
HJ®
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 07:52:40 PM »

I think Siremi might have hinted at a suggestion where "aligning" with a mega-corp would get you their secret IPs.

Siremi, would you like to comment on that?
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 08:07:50 PM »

Actually, I believe stock market ideas rose from Bank threads and Data Liberation threads.

Well, let's see.. X server knows all other X servers, X server has .5 AV. X1 server has .324 virus on it.
X server randomly generates number..and 'decides' to disinfect. X server begins disinfect, logs and IPs are generated. Program finishes, virii disinfected.

*btw: missions give secret IPs 1
HJ®
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 10:06:34 PM »

Where did I say anything about Stock Market Ideas in this topic?
Thek3mp
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 03:13:09 AM »

well whatever the outcome, id like to believe some secret servers auto advance, you can log on the majority of secret servers at 2.0(im pretty sure not 100%)
Exousia
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 03:48:54 AM »

The secret servers, and I believe this has been mentioned before, should at least auto-repair/upgrade themselves. Someone's on the other side of those things monkeying around with them, trying to keep them ticking while all these hackers carve chunks out of it. Someone's going to call up their friend and ask them to disinfect a virus or whatever for them as a favor and risk their company's security in doing so. It makes sense for both storyline and logic.
Thek3mp
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 07:13:03 AM »

yea, also how about player intervention in secret servers? for example a player could upload a software (any non virii software)after maybe a day or an hour or something, the server would spread it to other servers, this enhances the roleplaying factor people have if they align themselfs to a faction
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 04:23:45 PM »

uhm, Self-improve?
Player cracks X
X generates random number
X decides that security has been breached to many times
X starts large research project(s)
HJ®
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 04:41:32 PM »

Crack Server X

MegaCorp A realizes server X has been cracked (like a 5% chance) and uploads their new Protection software to the server instantly.

The old protects are kept running and kept public (to allow the same secret server formula), but the hardware required to run the new protects is added to the server if necessary, and the new protects are started. This would allow for many new higher paying missions that are NOT disinfects of secret virii.

This will somewhat allow secret servers to repair themselves but not to the extent where they are fully repaired (in a small period of time, anyways) if they have been hit with Malware or Revelation. it will also allow for the natural growth and expansion of secret servers giving veteran players something to do.

This would allow a player to increase Stock value; simply crack all mega-corp servers you can find and upload Sniffers. every 24 hours crack the servers and change the PW again.

It would also allow players to get new software, although the software wouldn't be public, you'd have to have some good crackers.

Of course, an AP cost for a Remote PW Change MUST be introduced.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 04:43:48 PM by Hatejacket » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: