The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 04, 2024, 02:34:11 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Suggestion: Log Scrambler  (Read 8136 times)
Hatejacket
« on: June 19, 2010, 01:47:43 AM »

This would go hand in hand with the IP Database Bounce update. Have a program that automatically jumbles all local and/or remote host logs so you don't have to connect after your first bounce. An UnDeleter works to remedy this problem, as all you'd have to do is recover the log, but the version level would have to be higher of course.
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 01:56:26 AM »

Un-Aggressively

not sure what you mean??
Hatejacket
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 02:05:41 AM »

You start a bounce to a server - and the proxy log will show your server IP. You then have to Admin connect to the server which creates another log, and then modify it. This program would skip the admin connect step, along with any other logs you make wherever you go. For convenience maybe the AP cost should be increased to 3 AP per use.

It would take this log, for example:

Proxy connection from [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] to [yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy] established.

and turn it into random letters and numbers, so that you dont have to connect to the server and do it yourself. The Deleter is very similar to this, but this would be designed for bouncing.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 02:36:29 AM by Exousia » Logged
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 02:35:21 AM »

Like a log encrypter  16
Exousia
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 02:36:49 AM »

Sorry, HJ, had to modify because of IPs.
Hatejacket
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 02:56:16 AM »

Like a log encrypter  16

I guess that's a better technical term. and no problem exousia, I figured they were both public IP's anyhow but no worries.
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 03:11:21 AM »

Then yea...I agree. Would be nice to have one..But alots been throw at SirEmi..lol...
Exousia
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 03:19:24 AM »

I don't even bother to check, I just blank them out. Causes too many problems if I start picking and choosing. Today's public IPs are the next round's private server IPs. There are people out there dumb enough just to poke in any IP they see on the forum.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 07:35:06 AM »

Reminds me of:
Game ideas..

Software Types
It be Nice to have a Advance IP BLOCKER so that any connection coming in or out couldn't be Logged or traced back to you...Making it even hard to Figure out where attacks are coming from...Unless You have to IP SEEKER...Which in short terms is IP BLOCKERS AV... Meaning no Log entry or even connection seen...Mainly for malware and Logic bombs..or having to do long downloads....you would still notice the Bandwidth being used....

I've given some thought of how this could work and it may be a good addition like this:

The "IP Masker" vs. "IP Seeker" idea. This could potentially mask the IP in the logs, when logging into a server, making the log look like "Connection from ???.???.???.???", if the user tracing the trail does not have an "IP Seeker" running. If he does, then a check is made his "IP Seeker" against the "IP Masker" used to mask the log IP. If his "IP Seeker" has an equal or higher version, the IP is revealed. The sniffer will not be affected by this.

But the undeleter would be the solution = More power to the undeleter!
Does that mean a v0.1 Log Encryptor would edit the logs at 0.1?
Or do we get a log decryptor and have then work like that...

Hatejacket
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 08:58:49 AM »

Reminds me of:
Game ideas..

Software Types
It be Nice to have a Advance IP BLOCKER so that any connection coming in or out couldn't be Logged or traced back to you...Making it even hard to Figure out where attacks are coming from...Unless You have to IP SEEKER...Which in short terms is IP BLOCKERS AV... Meaning no Log entry or even connection seen...Mainly for malware and Logic bombs..or having to do long downloads....you would still notice the Bandwidth being used....

I've given some thought of how this could work and it may be a good addition like this:

The "IP Masker" vs. "IP Seeker" idea. This could potentially mask the IP in the logs, when logging into a server, making the log look like "Connection from ???.???.???.???", if the user tracing the trail does not have an "IP Seeker" running. If he does, then a check is made his "IP Seeker" against the "IP Masker" used to mask the log IP. If his "IP Seeker" has an equal or higher version, the IP is revealed. The sniffer will not be affected by this.

But the undeleter would be the solution = More power to the undeleter!
Does that mean a v0.1 Log Encryptor would edit the logs at 0.1?
Or do we get a log decryptor and have then work like that...

Yeah, it would be very similar to this, if not this suggestion.
Exousia
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 04:41:52 PM »

How many of us really use the undeleter outside of missions anyway? With the VI and PT it's easier to track someone down directly, isn't it?
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 04:50:54 PM »

ME I DO...lol all the time..
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 05:24:30 PM »

How many of us really use the undeleter outside of missions anyway? With the VI and PT it's easier to track someone down directly, isn't it?

I used to until I researched the 57 Log Deleter.  Then everyone got their hands on it and haven't bothered with the undeleter since.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 02:03:05 PM »

i like the idea of an automatic scrambler

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 05:38:06 PM »

I used to until I researched the 57 Log Deleter.  Then everyone got their hands on it and haven't bothered with the undeleter since.

I am researching a log undeleter. I think we have enough software.

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: