The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 02:52:41 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Newbie protection  (Read 13760 times)
PlyPencil

156 colemansystems@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 04:53:20 AM »

Well im still under newbie protection then, so how has someone managed to install a virus on me?

(and was this not a suggestion of mine? wow finally a suggestion has been listened too, other games find ways to pick holes in what I say)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 04:57:39 AM by PlyPencil » Logged

Humans make mistakes, that's why they put erasers on the end of pencils.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 10:47:54 AM »

Well im still under newbie protection then, so how has someone managed to install a virus on me?

(and was this not a suggestion of mine? wow finally a suggestion has been listened too, other games find ways to pick holes in what I say)

It happened before the newbie protection went into effect most likely.

PM Ebolla in game and I will clean it for you.  Don't worry I can crack your defenses.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Aztec

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 05:52:25 PM »

A player is no longer protected when:
CPU>1100
OR
Bandwidth>10
OR
(not logged in for the last 7 days)

What one can DO on newbie:
- crack him / bounce / modify logs/ download / disinfect / capture / unhide / decrypt / set public / kill process  on the newbie

What one can NOT do on newbie:
- upload / delete / hide / encrypt / install

So you can still bully the newbies, but not that hard...  1

I'm new here and always I will learn.
I think its good to protect newbies. I'm newbies too.
not a farm player but with this rules who protect me! You know I work hard to win what I have now.
with this rules I know when I will break the glass(rules protection) to join this jungle of Hackers.

with this rules I'm able to work on my starting join this jungle ! Be sure one day I will come outside the rules protection and become unprotected but I will be prepare for too.

Remember: Hacking Challenge its will always stay " trying to hack the stronger target "  for someone lol  4

17 see you later

Ged Crimsonclaw

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 02:48:59 AM »

I like it, and find it fair.  Ofc -- sometimes I can't do much to bother other newbs, but I don't have the HW or SW to make any major hacks anyway ;P.  I do admit, I was considering sinking a lot of money into HD/Memory before coming out...  (As well as changing my IP first... ;P.  Ah, the indiscretions of youth ;).  I had to find out the hard way (twice!) that processes can still be killed in newbie mode  16.  I bounce, now  13.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 08:59:49 PM »

it's a good habit to get into, i can't even buy upgrades without my mouse jumping over where logs would be........ lol

i'm from the original 1000 players that joined,so i remember when it was free game to destroy anyone (those who have been around me from the beginning know what my favorite thing to do was XP, tho now it has become picking on anything with EoD on it! (p.s. sry ric, u brought it on urself))

so just bounce, period, and also get a i.p. cloaker higher than 0.2 (or ur still vulnerable on publics)

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 09:24:46 PM »

so just bounce, period, and also get a i.p. cloaker higher than 0.2 (or ur still vulnerable on publics)

IP Sniffer will only pick up the last bounce.  So IP Cloaker is not really needed unless you are direct connecting.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
sjums07
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 02:31:57 PM »

Now the only question i am asking is, how much memory is allowed? ;)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 02:53:12 PM by sjums07 » Logged
ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 03:01:08 PM »

Now the only question i am asking is, how much memory is allowed? ;)

You can get as much memory and HDD as you want. Memory isn't that useful, since processes are limited by CPU as well, but getting a big HDD before you leave protection might be useful

I hack games, not computers, in my life.

I'm NOT SGP, no matter how much I support them on the forums.

Pardus.at. Let me know if you play.
Exousia
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2008, 07:49:56 PM »

Sorry to bump an old thread, but in light of recent events, shouldn't we at least put a cap on HDD capacity as well? Perhaps 10 Gigs? That should be more than sufficient for most programs and when it's needed to go higher is when you're researching/installing FileShares above v0.3 for use in private farms, which means you've already got quite a bit of work done and a stable income.

I guess fileshare is a bad example because the BW requirements are higher than noob protection, but the storage and protection of Rev on noob servers really trashed things.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 07:52:32 PM by Exousia » Logged
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2008, 08:13:30 PM »

Yes, and also a mem usage max to, just to top it off.  laugh
HJ®
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008, 08:31:08 PM »

Not as if anyone you want to listen cares.
Exousia
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008, 08:56:35 PM »

Not as if anyone you want to listen cares.

Possible. I must try, however.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 09:01:48 PM »

Player suggestions forever!
Exousia
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2008, 09:16:02 PM »

I'm the stubborn sort.  5
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: