The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 12:52:19 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Working For The Mega-Corporations  (Read 8371 times)
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 06:07:19 PM »

I think that you should have ranks all the way up to President, WITH the data files Exou talked about, and the higher ups could actually create some, maybe?
    You could get some work for transferring this file, or deleting that one, etc. etc.
The thing is, True Light is technically a terrorist organization. The MegaCorps are tyrant rulers. All of the IFs are doing illegal things- everyone is bad here, but it's a matter of personal opinion, the MCs would probably like us if they weren't just words, since we're prolonging the inevitable doomsday, but are annoyed at the constant infections. Truelight probably is pissed we're stopping their almighty plan, now, if we did have faction leaders, and ranks, we would see how it worked out.
     Maybe the faction workers would have a 'network' that allows them to chat w/ each other and organize, with some motivation, such as the ability to 'proccess' data files (an action that wouldn't take TO much BW and CPU and such, and just a few hours, but could be stopped or hijacked somehow, like spyware or something.
      The ability to pay workers, I realize that's abuseable, so maybe a trade-for-data thing? where you spend an hour doing w/e while the data file is transferred, and the HPD is transferred back.
 Then the accountant, CEO, president, whoever who got it could open up the data file for a reward, bigger then the amount he gave. (the IFs with low ranks cannot proccess most data files, only certain TLs, or maybe cheap memos and gossip they find) so example:

IF finds x data. He sends IM through hakuza messenger, looking for an, acountant. An acountant offers, and they look it over (transfer confirmation) and decide whether or not to go through with it. The Ac says yes. They wait an hour and either one hits task complete. The IF recieves X (varies on data, or what the Ac pays him, could go either way?) and the Ac begins opening it. He could recieve x-x times more then the IF did, because he has to wait longer, and his job is higher up.

This means newbs recieve less, but if they got a LOT, then what? They'd advance to quickly! This could lead to some inexperienced players with really good stats, which is bad. The better players already make a lot, it's a 'supplement' that benefits both of them.
      Anyone could choose to delete an enemy file as well.
Ac sees a delete data mission, the data looks big, which could mean a setback for Omnicron, he takes it and cracks the server. He begins the delete- and waits a while, finally, he finishes, the data is destroyed and he is rewarded, an enemy IF had been transferring it to his server, but it's to late, the Hakuza Ac has stopped a potential transaction, which made some sort of dramatic butterfly effect and the revelation happens.  laugh
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008, 10:52:16 PM »

I think this is a great idea and I would really like to see it put in.....

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: