The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 10:45:38 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Bot programs.  (Read 18873 times)
RaiseCain

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 12:38:45 PM »

It is for the email.

I did not copy the source-code, and I can't find it on the SI boards anymore.
But is was something like: network blabla, email: mxxxxxxx@gmail.com, password: m1sf1txxxxx, code:

The battles of the skilled are without extraordinary victory, without reputation for wisdom and without merit for courage.
RaiseCain

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 12:58:33 PM »

I do not understand programming like that, I just saw that e-mail & password. I did not know it is sending data to the game, just found it a bit odd.

Also, I cannot read it again as I do not have it. It is something I remember.

The battles of the skilled are without extraordinary victory, without reputation for wisdom and without merit for courage.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 12:30:50 AM »

m1sf17 has messaged me with some ideas on how to implement some counter-measures for bots.

I am working on that and will have a full-proof anti-bot feature soon that will ensure the bots will not be able to run on HP.

It does not involve image recognition, or CAPTCHA. It's more like encrypting html requests.

bodyguard
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 12:33:48 AM by siremi » Logged

Exousia
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 12:43:36 AM »

Cool. CAPTCHA is very annoying and has cost me battles and stuff on other games.
human

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 08:55:51 AM »

m1sf17 has messaged me with some ideas on how to implement some counter-measures for bots.

I am working on that and will have a full-proof anti-bot feature soon that will ensure the bots will not be able to run on HP.

It does not involve image recognition, or CAPTCHA. It's more like encrypting html requests.

bodyguard

So requests will get as %20%C3%CA%20...., I guess.

Too easy to bypass.

EoD's forums

~~ Human ~~ EoD Co-Leader
PlyPencil

156 colemansystems@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 01:01:48 PM »

But that can be bypassed by creating a decryption sequence, please note I own a self evolving AI :P

If you want a fool proof plan you need to apply physical restrictions which will only interfere with bots.

Humans make mistakes, that's why they put erasers on the end of pencils.
HJ®
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 03:46:58 PM »

If we have to "Click X on the screen" or "Type in these letters" every 5-10 minutes, I'm quitting the game. I HATE those things.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 06:55:36 PM »

CAPTCHA sounds like SUCH an obnoxious name, and it sounds like the way the program 'looks' for bots sucks, to.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 06:57:30 PM »

You just said Emi doesn't plan on using it...
Exousia
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2008, 06:58:57 PM »

CAPTCHA sounds like SUCH an obnoxious name, and it sounds like the way the program 'looks' for bots sucks, to.

Imagine you're competing with someone for a delete mission reward of 4k. You're both pretty close but you've got a ten second lead on the other guy so you're sitting there waiting to click "complete task." You click on "complete task" and the game stops and asks you to type in the word hidden amid a jumble of squiggles. You type it in and click "ok." The game informs you that the target file no longer exists.

The other guy collected the reward in the mean time so you get nothing because of the bot check.

That is CAPTCHA.
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2008, 10:27:14 PM »

Or...... the ultimate bot stopper... dun dun duun duuuuuun...........ummmmm............. I had an Idea....... well you could make it so that you could........... ok I got nothing........ unless... 21 you pour water on people when they log in, that way if they are a bot they would fry themselves  13 I knew I had a great idea...

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
ReIncarnate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2008, 11:13:26 PM »

nice one but I don't think that'll work

I don't know anything about making stuff work nice, I can only make stuff look nice

"Maths is Vital, grammar are not"
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2008, 11:20:44 PM »

how about you make a program that checks if the person is working with such impossible automation..then  bot checks. 1
(like, never refreshing for task completes, and such, only a bot would know the exact time..)
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 12:51:07 AM »

how about you make a program that checks if the person is working with such impossible automation..then  bot checks. 1
(like, never refreshing for task completes, and such, only a bot would know the exact time..)

egads! I must be a bot then..... nervous1 whenever I go to my gateway it always says task complete, oh my! Just ban me now.... borg

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Thek3mp
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 08:37:52 AM »

egads! I must be a bot then..... nervous1 whenever I go to my gateway it always says task complete, oh my! Just ban me now.... borg
he means refreshing the gateway at the exact time it finishes the task
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: