The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 18, 2024, 08:51:52 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Bot programs.  (Read 18872 times)
zand lizzar

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2008, 04:25:11 PM »

I have heard several people mention bots to gather missions and complete them and one that enters every possible IP address and tries to connect then add to the IP list.

Can anyone confirm these?

I think that both are major exploits and shouldnt be allowed especially the second one because if it runs fast enough IP change imunity would be worthless.
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 04:27:49 PM »

There's definitely a mission bot for deletes; m1sf17 made it last round. I'm hoping SirEmi will address this and banhammer anybody caught using them.
Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 04:37:58 PM »

Well, it's been three months and Emi hasn't said a word specifically about m1sf17's bot. Seems like the general attitude is "Legal until made illegal".

Retired. Best Finish: #4 (Should've been #3)
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 04:44:44 PM »

Hmmm. Well, in that case I hope it's made illegal, THEN banhammered :P
Exousia
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 04:48:22 PM »

It's more of a nuisance than a problem. It doesn't appear to me that this bot is interfering with people's ability to complete the available missions thereby creating an unfair advantage, but that could merely be a factor of the user's hardware limits.
Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 05:07:12 PM »

misfit's account is offline, which means that he's either stopped using the bot or has shut it down for now.

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 10:33:48 PM »

Understand that there are several automated things that Titam has said is alright.   For instance, having a program that goes through and grabs ALL the missions for you.  That is alright as long as it only does 1 cycle at a time.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 12:59:09 AM »

Wow, really?

When did he say that?

Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 04:11:42 AM »

Understand that there are several automated things that Titam has said is alright.   For instance, having a program that goes through and grabs ALL the missions for you.  That is alright as long as it only does 1 cycle at a time.

And where can we find that?
termul

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 04:16:46 AM »

In general, this should be considered cheating.
Who wants to play this great game in such way anyway, where's the fun in that ?
But that's just my opinion.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 04:32:58 AM »

In general, this should be considered cheating.
Who wants to play this great game in such way anyway, where's the fun in that ?
But that's just my opinion.

Bots I do not agree with, especially ones such as m1sf17 described his.  However, if having a script that runs and grabs me all the missions is fine I might put some work into that.  Would save me time, right now I just do it using tabs and refreshing to speed it up a bit and cut down on the clicking...

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 05:12:08 AM »

It was part of the discussions regarding the tools I am creating with Titam.  I am working on the project with another HP player now so hopefully we will be able to get those tools out to you all soon.

Mind you anything that requires playing to do is not in the tools.  Just various expansions based on things already in the game but may be in different sections.

For example there is a Collect All for Virii.
This is being expanded to missions as well as IPs found in missions to be added to your IPDB.

These tools will NOT run missions for you, auto collect, or anything else that could be considered an AFK bot.

There is a difference.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Thek3mp
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 05:27:15 AM »

It was part of the discussions regarding the tools I am creating with Titam.  I am working on the project with another HP player now so hopefully we will be able to get those tools out to you all soon.

Mind you anything that requires playing to do is not in the tools.  Just various expansions based on things already in the game but may be in different sections.

For example there is a Collect All for Virii.
This is being expanded to missions as well as IPs found in missions to be added to your IPDB.

These tools will NOT run missions for you, auto collect, or anything else that could be considered an AFK bot.

There is a difference.

like calculators and stuff?

slavehack(i hate referencing to that crap game)had a similar tool, it was brilliant. hopefully you might make something as good.
it has, but not limited to
you could paste a page of logs and it would show you every ip that isnt already in your ip database (cross referance from a pasted/extracted db)

wow it had more but it seems so limited to that game (mainly because they used banks and things)
Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 10:54:09 AM »

That's what you said your intentions are, so an extra point for going through with them.

It just better not involve CAPTCHA. I swear to Turing that I will quit in a heartbeat if I see a CAPTCHA screen.

RaiseCain

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 12:26:18 PM »

Yes, I made a bot for HP.
Yes, it works.
Yes, it is released.

I have been talking with emi and we have worked out an effective way to prevent bots from working inside HP. Not only my bot, but all bots.

Your source code contains a e-mail adress with the password required for it...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 12:29:03 PM by RaiseCain » Logged

The battles of the skilled are without extraordinary victory, without reputation for wisdom and without merit for courage.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: