The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 06:34:38 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hi Newb here. No missions under 15 and no #2 server. What now?  (Read 6129 times)
SChwanke

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2008, 08:14:51 PM »

On the third step of the intro tutorial and I cant do anything cuz there are no missions under 15 (lowest is 19. something) and when I go to the ip listing there is no server #2.

Any ideas?
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 08:16:14 PM »

don't worry, you don't need to do the tutorial, just do a 30 or so, 15>x missions are just quicker.
SChwanke

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 08:18:37 PM »

Thanks. Still only two in that range though.  The lowest after I took those two is 305.x.

Well I did one 10.x second 10x got completed by someone else and the 19.x was too hard for my firewall bypass.

I'm willing to stick with this for a while but this is very frustrating for doing a tutorial lol.

Looks like I pretty much have to sit here and refresh every 30 seconds and pounce on the < 15s and hope I get to 5 eventually lol.

Where else can I read about how the game works if I cant go through the tutorial?

Thanks.

Definitely looks worth sticking through this unless the whole game is like this? Not enough resources per player?

**** Edit****
Well no. Didnt complete the first one either.  Somehow I got logged out of the game and when I went to hit task complete it showed me the login screen and then when I logged in and went to task list it said it had been removed cuz someone else complted it.

I'll give it a little while longer but this is very frustrating. :(

** EDIT ***

More fun lol.

Ok. The task is listed as task complete on my gateway's process list but it doesnt exist on the remote host. The instructions say to press task complete on the remote host and I am assuming I cant because someone else beat me to it and clicking task complete on the gateway just refreshes the page?

I take it I just kill the process and try something else?

At this point I'm just logging my frustration to this thread as kind of a new user test case.  Maybe a power that b can get something out of how frustrating this is. :(
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 09:24:59 PM by SChwanke » Logged
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 09:41:49 PM »

You have to connect to the server that the file is on, and then complete the process there, not on your gateway.

Give it some time, there are just some details you need to pick up.

You should be able to find quit a few .1 secret servers from missions, just accept all the missions at each new server and look through your list again and find the ones you haven't been to yet... just make sure you add them to your database so you don't wind up going in circles.

There aren't a lot of delete missions out there at the moment, everyone is scrambling for them so they are in short supply, just keep with it it will improve as the number of servers increases.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 09:48:40 PM by Araeus » Logged

Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 10:04:36 PM »

it wasn't like this last round, when I started, you just missed the EZ train to possible fame.  13
Now, you can make a REAL name for yourself, but it'll be hard.
remember:
it'll be hard for a while, try to plant some virii down.
delete, delete, delete!
take the best software you can find!
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 10:16:07 PM »

Yay it is really only hard because of the new round. When i started I could search for servers with uninstalled viril and make money without doing missions. But the best thing to do is find a really high protected server and download the protects. Well to get your power up. for missions you should make sure that when you are doing a delete mission you check to see that nobody else is doing it. To check quickly just copy the file # and then go to the server it is on. then click ctr "F" and paste the #. it will then tell you if somebodyelse is doing the mission. But it is really whoever hits task complete first.

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
DeeDay

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 07:25:48 PM »

Also brand new to this game.

Can't help thinking that this is so close to Uplink (Introversion.co.uk) it is not funny and may be in breach of copyright laws IF you guys charged for it.

Thanks for a nice port of a great game.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 07:36:23 PM »

Also brand new to this game.

Can't help thinking that this is so close to Uplink (Introversion.co.uk) it is not funny and may be in breach of copyright laws IF you guys charged for it.

Thanks for a nice port of a great game.
yeh, but it's NOT Uplink!
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 08:32:12 PM »

Also, the mechanics are completely different. No active trace here, no IP change there, no virii generate cash over time there, etc. The only thing that they share is that the games are both based on hacking computers, and that can't be trademarked, as far as I know.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 08:44:37 PM »

Also, the mechanics are completely different. No active trace here, no IP change there, no virii generate cash over time there, etc. The only thing that they share is that the games are both based on hacking computers, and that can't be trademarked, as far as I know.
lol?
lol.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: