The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 02:38:33 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Author Topic: Isn't this round awesome  (Read 57668 times)
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2008, 04:47:48 AM »

I remember last round it took about 3-4 months for the secret servers to hit 2.0 protects.  Heck playing at a relaxed pace I can't even do 1/10 of the missions because the secret servers are advancing so quickly.

I am glad I didn't keep SGP around for this round.  It would take up WAY to much time dealing with the intel and organizing research projects + the distribution of software to other members.

HP is now dead.  Revelations should already be popping up since they should have started out when the servers hit 1.0 protects.  Same with Faith.

Now the only thing to do is to rush to D-Day every round to drain Titam of money.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2008, 05:33:28 AM »

I remember how happy I was to find v1.0 protections after few months through the game in first round. Now we are walking around with v6 and more firewall after two weeks ...

Not to mention all other sft versions.
To get to the top all you have to do is buy more disk space and download all the great software on the public servers ... how many researches I wasted this round to find a much better version to download after long hours of research.

lpJ.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2008, 03:41:54 PM »

Indeed.  All I know is my server is going to be at least big enough to run a revelation, and I hope to nuke the nuts out of this round so we can maybe get a better start next round....

Like ebolla said, rev's should've started spawning already since the secret servers are above v1.0

Also, I thank whoever is disinfecting my adwares, they were a liability when it only takes about a minute to VI them and try to get my IP  19

jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2008, 03:46:08 PM »

Araeus i agrre with you that we should start rev. if you find a server with the rev then shot me a pm with the ip.
Krieger

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2008, 03:50:20 PM »

There's no Faith, there's no Rev.
Quote from: Gameguide
When a Revelation virus is spawned on a True Light server, each of the three mega-corps will spawn a Faith anti-virus on one of their servers in an attempt to stop the Revelation from spreading.

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2008, 03:52:11 PM »

I know there's no rev yet.  That's why we were all saying rev should've started spawning, but hasn't.

Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2008, 09:53:49 PM »

I signed up a couple of hours ago, and stupidly bought a gold membership, assuming that I'd play for a while. I've yet to complete a single mission due to the admin not having anything in place to stop botting like captcha (as much as I hate captcha, it is warranted). I haven't played SlaveHack in probably a year and a half. I'll be going back there if this keeps up, and will be really ticked about the wasted $20 I spent here.

Wake up, admins.

Oh crappy crapperson, -ton, dot org.
HJ®
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2008, 10:12:11 PM »

Succubus, please don't let the bots ruin your game. The admins are awake, they're just narcoleptic and as such they take a while to respond (Yes that is a joke). Everyone is allowing these bots to ruin the game, and let me tell you, they were not a threat like they are now in the last round.

This is the roughest spot for Hacker Project in it's entire history.

Oh, and you didn't stupidly buy a gold membership. If you continue playing, it will be the biggest key to your in-game success.

Sativa Indica (My group) currently has a bit of a grip on the current in-game situations (Some of my group members are keeping contact with a known bot user, but rest assured we are NOT using the bots) and from what it appears, the biggest known bot user is only toying with the game as it stands and will soon stop playing. Check out the forums if you'd like, as we are currently also about as thriving a community as the rest of the game, and this will soon change due to The Sativa Indica Movement. If you don't know what that is, I suggest you drop by the SI Forums (Link can be found in my signature).

It's all a matter of time before things are back to the way they were. Just a matter of time.

So, on siremi's behalf, I would like to apologize for the current in-game situations, and just try and hold tight.

Thank you
Hatejacket a.k.a. IronLungs
Leader of Sativa Indica
Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2008, 12:43:16 AM »

Instead of waiting for known bot users to decidedly quit the game, they should be banned.

Oh crappy crapperson, -ton, dot org.
HJ®
« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2008, 12:45:46 AM »

That they should.
Exousia
« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2008, 12:55:36 AM »

It certainly deflated the round's opening week.

And I'm around, just not posting much.  5
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2008, 07:38:49 AM »

I would also like to say this new "Server Upgrad" B.S. is annoying as all get out.  Awesome, the old .6 server I was upgrading 3 fileshares to upgraded last night, now it's 4.75 and my uploads are done but I can't get in to finish them... I understand that protects need to improve on the servers Emi but good lord, a jump frmo .6 to 4.75?  Awesome, now I'm pretty sure my stats are high enough to break this server now, considering I gave up on my old strategy of actually keeping up with current software versions spawning on the secret servers.

I would really much prefer you spawn 200 servers and then when they upgrade, upgrade by a given margin (maybe .5 or so?) so thatp epole can at least have a friggin chance at cracking them again quickly... because not gonna lie if I logged in and I was about to finish a 10k mission of something and the server had jumped from .5 to 5 overnight and I can't get in to finish that mission and somebody steals it because I can't crack into the new protects I would be pissed.

Krieger

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2008, 08:35:39 AM »

Quote from: Araeus
because not gonna lie if I logged in and I was about to finish a 10k mission of something and the server had jumped from .5 to 5 overnight and I can't get in to finish that mission and somebody steals it because I can't crack into the new protects I would be pissed
Then I'm pissed.

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2008, 03:31:00 PM »

Quote from: Araeus
because not gonna lie if I logged in and I was about to finish a 10k mission of something and the server had jumped from .5 to 5 overnight and I can't get in to finish that mission and somebody steals it because I can't crack into the new protects I would be pissed
Then I'm pissed.

This run on sentence brought to you by drinking and surfing the internet.

Friends don't let your friends surf the internet intoxicated.

HJ®
« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2008, 03:33:12 PM »

Bad Araeus. Bad.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Jump to: