The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 24, 2024, 11:20:33 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Anti-bot measures  (Read 5354 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 22, 2008, 04:32:41 PM »

There are now anti-bot measures and traps in place around the game.

Please note if you are using a bot and fall into a trap several times, you may be fined with HPD ingame and you gateway files / hardware may downgrade if you do not stop. Warnings will be sent and action will be taken depending on how many bot requests used 1

- If you experience weird things like not connecting / bouncing and / or complete task not responded, just refresh the page and click again, it's all part of the anti-bot feature.

Thank you all and Happy Holidays!!!

Sir Emi
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 04:37:03 PM by siremi » Logged

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 12:53:16 AM »

Will the anti-bot stuff trigger if I use my auto-refresher addon for firefox?

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 02:19:38 PM »

Will the anti-bot stuff trigger if I use my auto-refresher addon for firefox?

nah, you can refresh the page it's no problem...

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 05:39:59 AM »

However if I am not mistaken an auto-refresher is against the ToS.  So if you are now going to allow it you will need to update the ToS officially in that aspect.

Edit to cut&paste the section in question.
(II) Forbidden programs     
        It is forbidden to use any bots or other ways of artificial stay online in the game.

After all an auto-refresh program does keep you logged in and flagged as online.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 05:41:58 AM by virus man » Logged

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 02:33:02 PM »

Every browser-based game that I've played has disallowed anything that automates any gameplay at all, whatsoever, which includes auto-refreshers. You can mash F5 all you want, but as soon as you use the Firefox add-on (or any other means) "Refresh Every", you're in violation of the game rules. IMHO, it's the best place to draw the line.

Oh crappy crapperson, -ton, dot org.
vlad0028

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 10:25:39 PM »

Well forbiden on not.. check vashied.. i cracked him right now... and having my revenge .. but he apear online.. but is not.. so i think i using the firefox browser refreshe addon or something.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 08:36:12 PM »

Aw, I just use it to refresh on a mission accept page as I connect to all the servers, I don't leave it sitting there to keep me online or anything that just seems useless... It actually slows me down since I have to wait for the refresh before I connect to another server but I just hate the repeated tedious clicking... Also I can never find the TOS when I want to look for it, although I can find it if I search the forums...

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 02:16:48 AM »

Aw, I just use it to refresh on a mission accept page as I connect to all the servers, I don't leave it sitting there to keep me online or anything that just seems useless... It actually slows me down since I have to wait for the refresh before I connect to another server but I just hate the repeated tedious clicking... Also I can never find the TOS when I want to look for it, although I can find it if I search the forums...

Set your refresh rate to 1 or 2 seconds when doing that.  It will speed things up considerably.  I used to do that back in the day.

Who knows I may restart work on the HP Term project although I may put in certain features designed to prevent certain people from using it /lol

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 02:06:09 AM »

Yeah I do one second but still if I did it manually I could do a couple per second with some pretty quick tabbing...

Still with almost 200 secret servers that's a little while of sitting there clicking and not doing much else...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: