The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 27, 2024, 01:57:41 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: We need you Emi..  (Read 27684 times)
Donn

View Profile Email
« on: January 03, 2009, 12:27:31 PM »

I am probably going to get banned from the forum for this but I need everyone to realize how badly we need Emi back.

Do not tell me that is not a bot please..

He has several double deletes running on the same file on the same second..

I believe it was the same with Vlad0028 his server.. Killed hundreds of tasks on his server a few days/weeks ago..

Pfff..

Maybe according to some people I dont deserve to be #1, but Im certain nobody thinks these people deserve to be in the top 10 or even playing the game..

EDIT: My apologies to Vlad0028. I rechecked his server and he's not botting.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 12:40:39 PM by Donn » Logged
Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 01:01:44 PM »

Why are you posting this here instead of emailing emi? You'll probably get a quicker response to an email...

Oh crappy crapperson, -ton, dot org.
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 01:05:45 PM »

There was a time when i went to all my secert servers and just did a delete all. This looks just like it. lot of missions from same ip's and such.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 01:08:52 PM »

Why are you posting this here instead of emailing emi? You'll probably get a quicker response to an email...

Well that is because I already send a mail before I found this out.

So Emi is already aware of it.

Im not stupid you know..  14
Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 01:10:12 PM »

Can you help me recognize the clues? I've glanced at the logs, and nothing jumps off the page at me.

HJ®
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 05:57:19 PM »

Lol, it's pretty obvious.
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 06:08:07 PM »

To tell the truth then i do not belive in emi anymore. It is to late to make this game a live now. He have been paying to less attension. The only thing he can do now is to get a new playerbase or to seriusly do something about the amount of time he spendt on this game.
Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 06:34:37 PM »

No offense, but stop complaining about the number of active players on here. I'm really tired of all the whining. Siremi has provided us with a commission program to encourage marketing. That's how all of these games survive, by the players. It's not his fault. If you want it to change, vote and post on other forums. Promote the game.

You might check out the threads where HateJacket posted about the number of members we have/had. According to the stats he posted, we've had only 379 sign up since day one, with an average of 30+ new players per month since the first month. It doesn't matter what game it is, every game has players come and go, as people lose interest, or life gets in the way. Of course we saw a drop in activity, because new memberships are only in the 30s per month. That's not enough to keep up with the first month. Opening month for any game is always the biggest, too, and you've got to understand that naturally, the player base is going to shrink.

Again, stop blaming siremi for our failure to promote the game. Marketing was left in your hands, like the majority of MMORPGs. Blame yourselves, or accept the natural downtrend in membership.

Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 06:42:00 PM »

One more thing to add is the effect that these complainant posts have on new membership. Most people won't stay if they think the game is dead, thanks to reading these forums.

Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 06:51:49 PM »

You have a good point here Succubus but do realize that before you arrived here, already several things have happened that have made people quit the game. The game's playerbase hasnt just shrinked, Emi kind of made it shrink by making the game how he wants it (its his game..) without considering some players their good advice. We are not talking about some players quitting,  but about dozens of very active players.

I still believe this game will have a good future, but the longer we wait with bringing it back alive.. The harder it will get.. At the moment this game is very good compared to others.. But for all we know, tomorrow a new hacking game begins and all people will go there.. Then our months of work will be for nothing.. Our experience will be worth nothing..

Blame whoever you want to, but realize that every individual has the potential to help make this game what it once was. Yes Emi plays a big part in this case and yes I would even f**kin call him (if I had his number) to ask him what he wants to do with HP but at the moment it seems he doesnt have time to respond.

You all wanna be a free rider? Go ahead.. Morons..
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 07:42:56 PM »

It might be that both you donn and you succubus means that is our fault as much as Emis but you both fail to noticed that the only reason why I didn't do anything about was because Emi didn't seem to care about the game. I don't want to tell my freinds about a game which is already dead before they begin. If Emi shows that he actualy care about the game, I'll gladly invite my freinds but he haven't not even once.
HJ®
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 07:51:57 PM »

No offense, but stop complaining about the number of active players on here. I'm really tired of all the whining. Siremi has provided us with a commission program to encourage marketing. That's how all of these games survive, by the players. It's not his fault. If you want it to change, vote and post on other forums. Promote the game.

You might check out the threads where HateJacket posted about the number of members we have/had. According to the stats he posted, we've had only 379 sign up since day one, with an average of 30+ new players per month since the first month. It doesn't matter what game it is, every game has players come and go, as people lose interest, or life gets in the way. Of course we saw a drop in activity, because new memberships are only in the 30s per month. That's not enough to keep up with the first month. Opening month for any game is always the biggest, too, and you've got to understand that naturally, the player base is going to shrink.

Again, stop blaming siremi for our failure to promote the game. Marketing was left in your hands, like the majority of MMORPGs. Blame yourselves, or accept the natural downtrend in membership.

For one, I'm talking about forum stats with the numbers you're speaking of.

And there you go AGAIN posting about me. The obsession is rather scary 1

Oh, and if you don't like what's happening, quit 1
Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 08:01:22 PM »

Jimmi, if we had more paying players, I'm sure emi would spend more time on the game. $ talks. I wouldn't work for low wages either.

HandJob:

jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 08:24:35 PM »

HJ i don't like what is happening with the game because what is happening is it is dieing. I still like the game on a few things so i will stay to the end.

And succubus tell me what it helps to pray to a deaf god?
Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 08:39:00 PM »

That's not a good analogy, jimmi. If the game generated much money, siremi could justify spending more time on this game. Just like my job, I pay more attention to my customers that buy the most from me. Therefore, siremi is probably spending more time on games that generate more money.

Y'all really should give him a break. If you think about it, say he works 40 hours a week, across three games. That's 13 hours per week per game, across five days (he deserves days off, too) per week. That comes out to less than 3 hours per day. Do you honestly think that he's spending less than 3 hours a day on the game? You know there's more to it than just coding. There's also replying to emails, multi-hunting, the message boards, finances, vendor management (assuming it's not his own server sitting in his basement), etc. There's a lot more to it than you realize. How many of you have been admin or moderators of games before? If you have, you'll agree with me that it's very time consuming! And just think, it's only him doing all of the work here.

I maintain that we all need to pitch in with the marketing. That will bring in the players, which will bring in the money, which will bring in siremi. Or better yet, if the game grew enough, he'd be forced to hire help, and the income would support it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to: