The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 06:25:46 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Secret server IP Change & other updates  (Read 15348 times)
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2009, 06:08:50 PM »

Make atleast 1 secret server each 0.5 interval. That should solve atleast a bit of the problem :P
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2009, 02:38:56 PM »

I agree 1

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
ivandrago
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 02:47:06 PM »

I realize that this topic is ancient history and my timing might be very bad, but I'm gonna dig it up anyway.

I've seen many updates to this game since I started playing 9-10 months ago. I can see the point in most of those updates.
Although I'm not used to expressing my opinion in public, I want you to know that IMO this update is the worst one so far.

Before this update I had plenty of options to enjoy myself with desinfect mission, planting spyware, installing my own virii and a bunch of other stuff you can do on secret servers.
May I remind you of the infamous 'matahari' spyware and a mysterious spyware invasion on SGP claimed servers.
I did pay a price for it (I've had my servers trashed at certain intervals) but I've already said before that this is part of the thrill of this game. Still I managed to maintain a position in top10 in both rounds.
What a huge difference to my current activities: all I do now is upgrading my farms while waiting for research to finish.

This post should not be read as a complaint in Emi's direction so I'm gonna make this suggestion hoping that you'll all agree with me and we can get this missing part back into the game.

I would like to suggest that secret servers will not change IP automatically, but instead give players the tools to
1) Initiate an IP change; This should be a longrunning process (like 48+ hours) to allow counteractions. In case of a succesfull IP change only the initiating player will get the new IP.
2) Initate a format. IP will remain the same but all software and virii will be gone and upgraded protections will be installed. This will give a blank server at which anyone will have their chance of installing their moneymakers.

A copy of this has been posted in suggestions section.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 01:01:48 PM »

With the Faction Project update, secret servers will change IP every 30 days.

That should be enough of a timeframe to allow players to battle on the servers and to flush any old virii.

But good suggestions for future updates ivan, I will keep them in mind.

Thank you.

Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2009, 01:38:20 PM »

ermm No problem Emi. I love to help out and put time in the game and forum, and making suggestions!

- Secret Servers: Change IP every 720 hours (30 days).

No offense, but I also like to get a reaction to what I say in the Moderator Discussion Forum.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to: