The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 19, 2024, 09:04:25 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Fast way to get HPD?  (Read 11088 times)
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 01:44:06 PM »

Right now I make 2k+ HPD an hour with no time investment at all (thats not true, I have to hit the collect all button once in a while). I mostly spend around 10 minutes a day on upgrades, so it grows with like 3-4 basic FS daily right now, but because of the exponential growth, this will be an order of magnitude more in a few weeks.

2k+ HPD/hr....hmmm

1 server + 180 or so virii = 1 million+ HPD/ per day laugh   (burns holes in your pocket believe me!)

As donn said, it is MUCH harder to find 1/1 farm than to find say, 1/10 farm, and a lot safer for non-gold players

setech

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 11:01:39 AM »

Right now I make 2k+ HPD an hour with no time investment at all (thats not true, I have to hit the collect all button once in a while). I mostly spend around 10 minutes a day on upgrades, so it grows with like 3-4 basic FS daily right now, but because of the exponential growth, this will be an order of magnitude more in a few weeks.

2k+ HPD/hr....hmmm

1 server + 180 or so virii = 1 million+ HPD/ per day laugh   (burns holes in your pocket believe me!)

As donn said, it is MUCH harder to find 1/1 farm than to find say, 1/10 farm, and a lot safer for non-gold players

Well, that was 6 days ago. Now it's 3600/hr or 86,400 a day.

You are right that your current numbers are much higher than mine, and will probably stay so. As I said, I'm quite a passive player. For example I choose to  d i c k  around with simple adware in the beginning instead of running for missions which has cost me a few weeks of development.

My point is, that with this approach, I also get to your level within a month without any hassle. If you aim for the top listing, you have to get a better start, granted.

well thats just it, the only way that this would work is that you run high level FS's and do the math to max the servers completely out. Because ebolla has a point that it takes more AP for me to install. So you have to make it a little uninviting for a person to start messing with a machine. for example, all of my machines are never logged into from my main, and the machines are never used to log into another machine. (one of the perks of gold)  so my main does all of the work and i use SFTP and transfer everything. which also saves me AP. So now i have a maxed out machine. and an unlimited instant supply of virri to keep installing. This is all i really do right now at least untill i decide which side i want.

Ok, granted, if you have a gold account, then you can save a bunch of HPD this way. If not, you just have to buy it from the software dealer. In other words, if you aim for the top-list, you have better odds with a gold (slightly).

And about vman. As I tried to express, if you go by the numbers, then sure, he is right, no question about it. But what I was talking about is reality (i.e. what really happens). If you piss of a lot of people, then they can annoy the hell out of you, one way or the other. If not, then its not really worth the effort and brings no profit.

Yes maxing server out is a must have. High level virri help you in increasing the amount of time before someone gets can do serious damage, but it also works fine with low level virii.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: