The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 27, 2024, 11:56:33 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: secret server protection  (Read 4777 times)
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 25, 2009, 06:14:00 PM »

Great. 17 servers (public) with 0.1 protection. One secret with 0.8, one with 1.7, two with 3.x, three with 4.x and the rest above.
Granted that I have only 120 servers discovered so far after this IP change feature, but this statistic does not look good for any new player and newbies. No wonder they can't get any money doing jobs - they can't break almost any of the secret servers even if they do find them! You need a hunk of server already to break a 4.x protection!

Emi, I think you are overdoing it. Wasn't somewhere mentioned that when the server is reset and IP changed, their protection will also reset to that it was at the beginning? That would be useful, otherwise this new feature is only useful to players that play from the beginning of round 2 and have good servers and software ... Yes, I can break them all, so can "perhaps" 5-10 other players, but that is it... Ah well, more servers and therefor missions on them for me 1

Just my two cents ...

lpJ.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 06:32:54 AM »

This is not the first time an update has been poorly implemented due to the developers lack of communication with the player base.  After all who better knows the game than the players?

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 10:25:25 PM »

This is not the first time an update has been poorly implemented due to the developers lack of communication with the player base.  After all who better knows the game than the players?

The person who created it?  16 Sorry, but you set yourself up  19

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 07:56:29 AM »

Except for the fact that time and time again it has been proven that the players know more about the game than the developer.  Why do you think there is nothing exciting or fun to do in the game?  What PvP there was has been removed and even then there wasn't much to begin with.  No one wants a carebear game.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Sin15698

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 06:21:41 PM »

You continue to amaze me m1sf17, you only ever have one post....

Except for the fact that time and time again it has been proven that the players know more about the game than the developer.  Why do you think there is nothing exciting or fun to do in the game?  What PvP there was has been removed and even then there wasn't much to begin with.  No one wants a carebear game.

Remember it's only the beta. The game isn't even close to being finished. And no one is forcing you to play. You can leave and come back later to see if the game has gotten any better. Your not a prisoner being forced to play. Enjoy what you have and forget about what you could have.

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 03:33:10 PM »

This is exactly what I pointed out when Emi started increasing all the secret server protections.  Like having one secret server not increase is enough... sheesh...

apophis775

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 09:58:28 PM »

I've been playing for about 2 weeks ish now.  And I am proud to say that I FINALLY cracked my first secrect server.  It helps me bounce, but thats all since the other servers are all like 6.9 plus...
Sin15698

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 06:20:53 PM »

Hey, good job. I still haven't cracked one secret server, but I have the money to buy the sowftware and hardware needed.  13

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: