The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 18, 2024, 05:20:06 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: hacking useing the power of the Wii  (Read 14638 times)
scotto189

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 02:10:49 AM »

now it makes sense.  My parents wernt even thinking about making babies when those were out
Exousia
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 02:35:16 AM »

it just puts a confused face on my head lol ive never heard of any of these junk boxs you are talking about

Junk box? How dare you! You wouldn't call a '63 Corvette a pile of crap, now would you?

No, these things are classics. Far outmatched by today's standards, but like people who restore classic cars, we love our classic computers. It may have taken several minutes for some of my old favorites to load, and I may have beaten them a thousand times, but I still love them. Got a personal archive of classic commodore and even classic DOS games. A good game is a good game no matter what the platform it was built on. Too many modern games rely so heavily on effects that they have little to no plot. Back then, without all these fancy-schmancy graphics accelerators and shtuff, you had to have a good concept and a good plot to keep people interested. It's a portion of the art that has been lost over time.
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 03:41:48 AM »

Junk box? How dare you! You wouldn't call a '63 Corvette a pile of crap, now would you?

No, these things are classics.
... classic DOS games. ....

That is so true!

And - I do admit I'm still playing Prehistoric 2, almost 15 years old game that still runs on today hardware - and it is still fun! 1

lpJ.
scotto189

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 08:02:16 AM »

63 Corvette = pile of crap. HA i said it lol

By todays standards those computers are less then junk although they are good for there time and have better storys in the games.
Gwolf

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 11:08:43 AM »

it just puts a confused face on my head lol ive never heard of any of these junk boxs you are talking about

No, these things are classics. Far outmatched by today's standards, but like people who restore classic cars, we love our classic computers. It may have taken several minutes for some of my old favorites to load, and I may have beaten them a thousand times, but I still love them. Got a personal archive of classic commodore and even classic DOS games. A good game is a good game no matter what the platform it was built on. Too many modern games rely so heavily on effects that they have little to no plot. Back then, without all these fancy-schmancy graphics accelerators and shtuff, you had to have a good concept and a good plot to keep people interested. It's a portion of the art that has been lost over time.

that is so true, i find it hard to get good games
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 01:19:42 PM »

Dungeon Crawl? Any other Rouge-like game? Thats the best games made. If anyone knows about other rouge-like games (not DC, Rouge, Hack, Moria or Nethack) please send me a download link.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Exousia
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 03:45:47 PM »

63 Corvette = pile of crap. HA i said it lol

By todays standards those computers are less then junk although they are good for there time and have better storys in the games.

laugh

I, of course, knew what you meant. I just like being dramatic. Especially to prove a point.

Dungeon Crawl? Any other Rouge-like game? Thats the best games made. If anyone knows about other rouge-like games (not DC, Rouge, Hack, Moria or Nethack) please send me a download link.

Me too! Me too! Good stuff is hard to find.
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 06:43:16 PM »

My god! this is wose then my history class and I hate history  16 My phone is better then those "computers" you described, gosh, my watch could play better games then those computers. And a 63 corvette is just as bad  10 I'm glad I wasn't born in the stone age like most of you...... sweatdrop but with all of these aparently "older" people playing HP what does that say about the games future  butcher

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Exousia
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 07:12:57 PM »

Pandora's Box, Sin! Duck and cover!
scotto189

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 08:30:20 PM »

My god! this is wose then my history class and I hate history  16 My phone is better then those "computers" you described, gosh, my watch could play better games then those computers. And a 63 corvette is just as bad  10 I'm glad I wasn't born in the stone age like most of you...... sweatdrop but with all of these aparently "older" people playing HP what does that say about the games future  butcher

ROFL you said stone age. That must be a dam expensive watch to.
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 01:38:44 PM »

Stoneage? Im 16! You should be in my age or older.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 03:06:48 PM »

oh kids these days ....
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 06:41:40 PM »

sweatdrop It's better to be a kid then some 500 year old guy who plays online games...... 8 how werid...

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Deavas

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 10:18:09 PM »

I just gotta ignore all the hate , and say "Elite"  yea buddy  7  , That would be by "Firebird"  for you younger gents. It was by all account the first "GTA"

Except the C64 wasn't really considered a portable although with the whole thing contained within the Keyboard it was very portable

I was referring to the SX-64 , http://oldcomputers.net/sx64.html not the C-64 , sorry for the confusion. I meant Commodore made the first "portable" not that the C64 was one.  1

Edit- "Bards Tale" excellent game. How about "Pool of Radiance" or ..... wait for it .... " ULTIMA II"  all the way up to about V then it kinda lost my interest. (being penalized for being bad just ruined it for me) And I left out Akalabeth, cause it was just plain lame , but I bring it now cause it started the whole Ultima saga.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 10:39:53 PM by Deavas » Logged
Exousia
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 11:33:50 PM »

First gerunds and now old people, Sin?

Those were real games, Deavas. Stuff modern flashy games can't hold a candle to.

Now, if we could take today's flashiness and apply it to those classic games, we'd have a killer combination that's rarely found these days.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: